Unable to post through Microsoft Edge | Syracusefan.com

Unable to post through Microsoft Edge

SWC75

Bored Historian
This just happened today. I tried to make a post through Edge and got a page, (I made a screen shot on Edge that Chrome, which I'm on now would not accept)
containing:

Post Thread

Discussion Poll Question

Attach Files

Tags:
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.

Options: Watch this thread, (checkmark) and receive email notifications (not checked)

Post Thread

And that's all. What is missing is the title and message boxes. I had successfully made a post at 8:23PM:
2023 NY Mets thread. Something changed after that. I changed nothing. I'm able to post on Chrome. I was able to make a post on another site, (a You-Tube comment) on Edge. Something happened between this board and Edge tonight.

This just happened today. I tried to make a post through Edge and got a page, (I made a screen shot on Edge that Chrome, which I'm on now would not accept)
containing:

Post Thread

Discussion Poll Question

Attach Files

Tags:
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.

Options: Watch this thread, (checkmark) and receive email notifications (not checked)

Post Thread

And that's all. What is missing is the title and message boxes. I had successfully made a post at 8:23PM:
2023 NY Mets thread. Something changed after that. I changed nothing. I'm able to post on Chrome. I was able to make a post on another site, (a You-Tube comment) on Edge. Something happened between this board and Edge tonight.
temery, you might want to take a look at this one...

I just did a "Like" on Edge and got a screen asking "Are you sure you want to apply this reaction?"

I just did a "Like" on Edge and got a screen asking "Are you sure you want to apply this reaction?"
I will say this.

Edge only has around 3.4% of the browser market. Given it is not used a lot, I think you are more likely going to run into problems with it compared to the mainstream Chrome browser.

Guessing the software updates we got for the package we use to run this website are heavily tested for Chrome and not tested much for Edge and some of the other lesser used browser products out there. Hopefully a fix will be issued for this soon.

I will say this.

Edge only has around 3.4% of the browser market. Given it is not used a lot, I think you are more likely going to run into problems with it compared to the mainstream Chrome browser.

Guessing the software updates we got for the package we use to run this website are heavily tested for Chrome and not tested much for Edge and some of the other lesser used browser products out there. Hopefully a fix will be issued for this soon.

I've got Edge, Chrome and Firefox. When I got my last two computers the technician transferred my favorites to Edge so I've been using that for a while. I can use either of the other two but ideally, I should be able to use all three. As you say, hopefully a fix is on the way. Thanks.

I know nothing about edge. If the next xenforo script update resolves the problem i'll install it. For now my only advice is to not use edge.

Out of curiosity, what device are you using?

Last edited:

I assume that's a world wide web built in feature anytime you try to click like on a Mets post.

I assume that's a world wide web built in feature anytime you try to click like on a Mets post.
I did some checking in the source code. Confirmed.

This guy is everywhere.

Philadelphia Phillies Popcorn GIF by MLB

I also can't access the chat room on Edge. I can donate, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom