Unbiased Duke take on end of game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Unbiased Duke take on end of game

that's a good take

My only problem with it is if they were shooting high speed 60 frames per second they could have been more clear on the Richardson/Jones collision.

I picked out the same sentence -- amusing and pretty accurate. 102 mpg is 149.6 feet per second, so in 1/10 of a second if traveling at that speed, he would have moved 14.96 feet (in a straight line). Since he's probably not that fast, there was likely some "clock management" going on ... after all, it's an amazing place to play.
Seen alot of this lately, wonder how fast to travel say 70ft dribbling a basketball. I've seen like 5.2 second plays (bug williams to rudy hackett ring a bell w/ anyone?) but how on earth can you get a decent look under 3 seconds? I for one don't think its possible w/o some help.

Last edited:
Seen alot of this lately, wonder how fast to travel say 70ft dribbling a basketball. I've seen like 5.2 second plays (bug williams to rudy hackett ring a bell w/ anyone?) but how on earth can you get a decent look under 3 seconds? I for one don't think its possible w/o some help.
Some of the confusion may be due to the NCAA timing rules. I think the clock is supposed to start when the ball hits the player's hand, not when it hits the rim. This may account for part of the discrepancy, but at least the article made an attempt to be balanced about what transpired.

Last edited:
how much time was left on the clock when Ennis heaved up the 3 at Pittsburgh? let me google...

EDIT: and here it is
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/13/tyler-ennis-35-footer-at-buzzer-keeps-no-1-syracuse-unbeaten-with-58-56-win.html

"Tyler Ennis took the inbounds pass with 4.4 seconds left and dribbled up court, weaving through Pitt's defense. He had the option of shooting or passing to Trevor Cooney."
I get it,not trying to say 4.4 is impossible but 2.1? can't happen

I get it,not trying to say 4.4 is impossible but 2.1? can't happen
agree, I was trying to point out that Ennis's shot was a hail mary and he had 2 more seconds to launch it

I picked out the same sentence -- amusing and pretty accurate. 102 mpg is 149.6 feet per second, so in 1/10 of a second if traveling at that speed, he would have moved 14.96 feet (in a straight line). Since he's probably not that fast, there was likely some "clock management" going on ... after all, it's an amazing place to play.
The only problem I have is that the students must have been at the Baseline where there was no Syracuse players as he blasted by all the players plus the coaches and no students were in the mix. Then seemed to slow down as you look at the court side video the Refs headed in the same direction as Coach K was looking and going. Looks like the refs beat him to the locker room. Go back and compare the two video's.

It’s 15 feet from the charge circle to the free throw line. To cover that distance in 0.1 seconds means that Jones was traveling at 102.3 miles per hour, which would be … amazing.

:D
hahaha this made me damn near spit out my coffee this AM. Good read OP thanks for posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom