UNC is going to be a pain | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC is going to be a pain

So you missed the “probably” huh? I can’t speculate that losing to UNC is probable?

with or without the probably it still isn't objective G. It's a feeling you have. There's nothing that indicates if its a win, loss or for you probably a win, loss. It's why the games are played right? You're gonna catch a little finger tapping on a fan forum when you say the team is going to lose or for your probably lose. Be objective and realize that.

But yea, speculate all you like we like speculation. Do you think it's about matchups? Where do you see UNC beating us and what do you think we can do to counter it? I don't think UNC shoots very well and I don't think anyone on their team can guard Elijah.

And we will have Howard Washington back. It’s a wash
As in equal? If you think them having Cole Anthony back and us having Howard Washington back is the same impact for our teams you are not correct, and not even close.

Thank you for trying to explain words to me, though. Anything else you’d like to educate me on while we’re here? When I put my pants on in the morning should I go with both legs at once or one at a time?

This is my first interaction with you, do you feel like I'm trying to attack you? I just want you to know I'm not. I'm just trying to give my perspective. It's what the forum is for, no?

with or without the probably it still isn't objective G. It's a feeling you have. There's nothing that indicates if its a win, loss or for you probably a win, loss. It's why the games are played right? You're gonna catch a little finger tapping on a fan forum when you say the team is going to lose or for your probably lose. Be objective and realize that.

But yea, speculate all you like we like speculation. Do you think it's about matchups? Where do you see UNC beating us and what do you think we can do to counter it? I don't think UNC shoots very well and I don't think anyone on their team can guard Elijah.

So you assumed I was basing my opinion on feelings, making it biased? That’s on you, not me. That doesn’t have anything to do with objectivity.

Objectively, UNC is better than Syracuse when Cole Anthony is on the floor. Cole Anthony will be on the floor and we have struggled against Roy’s gameplans/style since joining the ACC. Therefore, it is more likely than not that this Syracuse team - which has done well of late against less than stellar basketball teams - will lose to UNC.

This is my first interaction with you, do you feel like I'm trying to attack you? I just want you to know I'm not. I'm just trying to give my perspective. It's what the forum is for, no?

Perspective is fine. Disagreeing with my assessment that UNC will be the favorite to win when we play them is fine. Misquoting me and giving me a lesson on what it means to be objective is less than fine.

So you assumed I was basing my opinion on feelings, making it biased? That’s on you, not me. That doesn’t have anything to do with objectivity.

Objectively, UNC is better than Syracuse when Cole Anthony is on the floor. Cole Anthony will be on the floor and we have struggled against Roy’s gameplans/style since joining the ACC. Therefore, it is more likely than not that this Syracuse team - which has done well of late against less than stellar basketball teams - will lose to UNC.

Objectively I am not sure I agree with you. They were 6-3 with him. Hardly a powerhouse. They lost 56-47 with him against Virginia who according to this board sucks and 74-49 with him against Ohio State. If anything it may be a toss up, but we will be favored in the dome.

As a fan, I have the luxury to worry about all teams all of the time!

As for players, they need to be only focused on Clemson. That's why JB is paid the moderately big bucks.

Exactly - this team needs to be worried about Clemson - where we happen to be a small underdog

So you missed the “probably” huh? I can’t speculate that losing to UNC is probable?

Thank you for trying to explain words to me, though. Anything else you’d like to educate me on while we’re here? When I put my pants on in the morning should I go with both legs at once or one at a time?

If you try doing both legs at once and you don't have something to sit on, you're gonna look silly trying to hop your way into your pants. Both at once is easier if you're sitting, but when you're standing it's much more practical to do one at a time.

no, I’m telling you that when you base an opinion on feeling that there is nothing objective about it. Even if you say probably.

no, I’m telling you that when you base an opinion on feeling that there is nothing objective about it. Even if you say probably.

But where did feelings come in to play with what I posted?

I think I picked a bad game to watch Cole Anthony closely for the first time. Kid is a turnover machine in the second half. He tries to do too much. Probably bad to judge him against FSU athleticism, but not a good first impression. Although I didn’t think to factor in rust. 5-17 from the field

Last edited:
Kinda like the matchup for us. Don’t see their guards taking ours off their game like Duke did. Glad it won’t be at UNC.

I think I picked a bad game to watch Cole Anthony closely for the first time. Kid is a turnover machine in the second half. He tries to do too much. Probably bad to judge him against FSU athleticism, but not a good first impression. Although I didn’t think to factor in rust. 5-17 from the field
Cbssportsline had him 5 for 22 in 38 minutes so not on any restrictions. Imagine that and they only lost by six in a fairly low scoring game. I imagine UNC will win some games with CA back. I can't wait to watch him in the dome but hopefully that isn't one they win.

UNC has twice our talent. We will be very lucky to win. I dont see it.

Maybe they win, but they haven't shown a lot of consistency.

Poor Roy will feel better next year when he brings in 4 Mickey D's.

Yet they lost to BC and UVA at full strength. Teams we beat and Vegas will have us favored. Shooting matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom