UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession.

At least now I know that if someone wants to learn Swahili that I should direct her to Chapel Hill. Who knew?

Link? That hasn't been reported by a single media outlet. Surely you have some inside information, right?

Check out thebiglead.com...goes hand in hand with what I had heard

Check out thebiglead.com...goes hand in hand with what I had heard
Yes, but since the NCAA cleared them the fake classes never happened. The fake classes were a fake story apparently. Or were you talking about the gun found? Or were you referring to the smallest amount of pot ever imagined that somebody could have in their possession? Or were you talking about the $245 dollar a day rental, with a 20 year old driving without his license? Well it can all be explained...

43.2 grams in 3 separate bags is a misdemeanor in NC???

It's felony possession with intent to distribute in NY
It's a felony WITD in every state. The arresting officer split the weed 3 ways and let them off the hook. I guess if you're the dopeman in North Carolina just have enough people with you to split the weed to avoid a felony charge.

LOL at college kids will be kids, no one rolls around with an ounce and a half of weed for personal use. Especially college kids with no job.

Nothing to say that PJ didn't rent the vehicle. You don't have to be 25 to rent a vehicle in North Carolina, you just have to pay an extra fee. Not to mention, PJ does have a license...he was charged with not having it on his person at the time, a charge that will be dismissed when he brings his driver's license to court.
Oh, ok alls forgiven if you can explain the 9 mm and bags of weed.

First off all - I take no joy in this nor do I have any desire to revel in the misfortunes of another program. God knows we have had our share of problems with both misbehaving athletes AND media manufactured BS. It's a little off-putting to see Syracuse fans who have presumably lived through this past 2+ years jumping on this like I'm seeing here.

Also - it is not illegal to possess a gun if you are not a felon. I don't know if this kid is a felon or not, and I realize the circumstances indicate something more than an innocent mistake, etc. But the law says it is legal for citizens to own firearms, not sure about the laws in NC regarding transporting them in cars, carrying, etc but I would suspect that unless the gun is stolen or the serial number is scratched off it, or somebody in the car had a previous felony, there won't probably be any charges related to it.

Third - the crazy thing about all of this is that the only part of it the NCAA will have any issue with is if somebody other than P.J. paid for the rental. Shows what a jacked up organization it is.

They did not want to get caught with the gun. It is not legal to own a gun that is not registered. Serial numbers will reveal all. If there are no serial numbers, that is a crime. The fact that they threw it out the window probably means that they do not have legal ownership of the gun. Why would they have a gun and bullets? It is not a hunting weapon. The cops probably suspect drug dealing. Has the gun been involved in a previous crime?

Then, there is the issue of the car. Chances are that it was not rented by any of the occupants. The person renting it would have to present his license and proof of insurance. The driver probably has no insurance. If someone else rented it, another driver would still have to be present to sign the form to authorize him as an alternative driver.

These are largely police matters. There is no reason why the NCAA should duplicate police matters. The burden of what consequences the school imposes is up to the school more than the NCAA. The school will wait for the police investigation.
Based on their board discussions, I now have more respect for Duke than UNC. Never thought I would say that. Just plain idocy to think that the gun is irrelevant because they threw it out the window when they were stopped. Fingerprints...

First off all - I take no joy in this nor do I have any desire to revel in the misfortunes of another program. God knows we have had our share of problems with both misbehaving athletes AND media manufactured BS. It's a little off-putting to see Syracuse fans who have presumably lived through this past 2+ years jumping on this like I'm seeing here.

Also - it is not illegal to possess a gun if you are not a felon. I don't know if this kid is a felon or not, and I realize the circumstances indicate something more than an innocent mistake, etc. But the law says it is legal for citizens to own firearms, not sure about the laws in NC regarding transporting them in cars, carrying, etc but I would suspect that unless the gun is stolen or the serial number is scratched off it, or somebody in the car had a previous felony, there won't probably be any charges related to it.

Third - the crazy thing about all of this is that the only part of it the NCAA will have any issue with is if somebody other than P.J. paid for the rental. Shows what a jacked up organization it is.

North Carolina is a traditional open carry state. You can have a weapon in your car without a CC permit. It is the last problem for him.

I still come back to 43.2 grams. That is a lot of weed. An amount far far beyond what anyone would have for personal use. There is no doubt he was involved with distribution.

In any event, I stand by my post that nothing will happen, P.J. will start for UNC's first game in November. It will be forgotten.

This is who rented the car for him:

The-North-Carolina-Tar-Heels-mascot-performs.jpg

'Would love to see/hear the Dukies take on PJ when UNC comes to Cameron. Of course TV will never let you see or hear any of that.

North Carolina is a traditional open carry state. You can have a weapon in your car without a CC permit. It is the last problem for him.

I still come back to 43.2 grams. That is a lot of weed. An amount far far beyond what anyone would have for personal use. There is no doubt he was involved with distribution.

In any event, I stand by my post that nothing will happen, P.J. will start for UNC's first game in November. It will be forgotten.

Who owns the gun? Is it stolen? Why did they trow it out the window? Don't be so sure that the gun isn't a problem.

Who owns the gun? Is it stolen? Why did they trow it out the window? Don't be so sure that the gun isn't a problem.

I didn't say it wasn't a problem. I said it was behind the pot and rental car (for NCAA misdeeds)

Given their history, I still stand by my assertion that P.J. see little, if any, repercussions, after all, kids will be kids.

I can't believe how many people think an ounce of weed is a lot. LOL. What's that 4 blunts? And it is not a felony in every state. In Colorado the cops won't even take less than an ounce from you if you get pulled over. The DA's office has suspended all prosecution of weed, besides more serious amounts; which would be pounds.