UNC Saturday | Syracusefan.com

UNC Saturday

Cusejuicy

Scout Team
The Board has been pretty quiet on this one.
1. Who's goin? Besides me. I know there are lots of fans in the area.
2. Does this game really matter? Not much excitement for it here. Only thing I've read is where we might be seeded in the ACC tourney and it seems to be a given we'll be 1 (long shot), 2 or 3.
3. My thought is that a Win here is really important for a couple of reasons, momentum, overall ranking but more importantly, just how good are we?
I'm not a really knowledgable lacrosse fan as this post may indicate but I am gunning for our guys and would like to see what you think.

Last edited:
2. Does this game really matter? Not much excitement for it here. Only thing I've read is where we might be seeded in the ACC tourney and it seems to be a given we'll be 1 (long shot), 2 or 3.
3. My thought is that a Win here is really important for a couple of reasons, momentum, overall ranking but more importantly, just how good are we?
I'm not a really knowledgable lacrosse fan as this post may indicate but I am gunning for our guys and would like to see what you think.
The game might matter for seeding (NCAA) purposes. One of the criteria the committee looks at is record vs. Top 5 (RPI), Top 10, Top 15, and Top 20. If you use the Laxpower RPI, SU is 0-1 vs. the Top 5, 3-1 vs. the Top 10, 4-1 vs. the Top 15, and 5-1 vs. the Top 20. Right now, UNC is #5. A win would give another Top 10 win to be sure. And by the end of the regular season, this could be a Top 5 win.

1. In.

2. Some other members can answer in more depth than I. Briefly put, and your 2 & 3 are tied together, is that a win is beneficial from the points you raised but also from a NCAA tourney seeding perspective. ACC seeding isn't too relevant at this point. Regardless of tomorrow's result, these two teams will most likely meet in the first round (it would get interesting if UNC were to beat ND; that could force a tiebreaker situation).

Not sure if your question was rhetorical, but to answer "how good are we" in one word: Capable. But it doesn't matter in April. Teams discover that answer next month.

1. In.

2. Some other members can answer in more depth than I. Briefly put, and your 2 & 3 are tied together, is that a win is beneficial from the points you raised but also from a NCAA tourney seeding perspective. ACC seeding isn't too relevant at this point. Regardless of tomorrow's result, these two teams will most likely meet in the first round (it would get interesting if UNC were to beat ND; that could force a tiebreaker situation).

Not sure if your question was rhetorical, but to answer "how good are we" in one word: Capable. But it doesn't matter in April. Teams discover that answer next month.
Right. All 5 ACC teams are in the top 7 in RPI. Doesn't matter who we play in the ACCT, we will have shots at Top 10 wins. So we have at least 2 shots at Top 10 wins. 3 if we win the semi-final ACCT game. And regardless, the RPI boost just by playing these teams helps us.

1. In.

Agree on 2. The real issue is where we will next month. Think this game may help predict that.

1. In.

Hope to see you and lots of other Cuse fans.

Look for me in an orange tee that says:
"I don't hate often
But when I do
I prefer to hate
Carolina and Duke"

back says " Be victorious my friends"

Looking forward to this. I'm in Chapel Hill so it's about 7 minutes to Fetzer Field for me. Forecast is partly cloudy with temps in the mid 70s, so it doesn't get much better than that weather-wise.

I hear UNC is expecting a sellout or near sellout for this so it should be a great afternoon

I think this is a big game. If this team has national title aspirations, I would like to see us reestablish some dominance and momentum after that dissapointing loss to Notre Dame. Right now honestly I would say Notre Dame is the team to beat and would like to see us get back up to the top as the favorite to win on Memorial Day.

I'll be there and like mentioned above sounds like might be a sell out. Is anybody bringing kids? I plan on buying tickets in advance but can't find anywhere whether I should buy an additional ticket for 5 yr old or not? It only gives ticket options for adults so seems like kids are free... but I'd hate to not buy a child ticket and be stuck at door if a sell out...

Fetzer has a capacity of slightly more than 5000. The ticket office was recommending advance purchase to avoid being shut out at the gate.
Looking for a great game and a Cuse win!

OburgCuse said:
I'll be there and like mentioned above sounds like might be a sell out. Is anybody bringing kids? I plan on buying tickets in advance but can't find anywhere whether I should buy an additional ticket for 5 yr old or not? It only gives ticket options for adults so seems like kids are free... but I'd hate to not buy a child ticket and be stuck at door if a sell out...

I'm bringing my grandson who started playing lax this spring. I bought him a ticket since I wasn't sure about kids tickets either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom