Uniforms? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms?

God I hate these discussions.

I loved the all orange from the Walter Reyes era.

As much as I like the current, and the past, here is a proposal I've always envisioned...

Current helmet
Orange home jersey with "orange" above the numbers in white.
Duct tape numbers like bball
Orange or white pants with alternating orange blue white stripe like basketball down side Of leg ala old cuse, DePaul etc...

Don't shoot it down yet, let it simmer!!!!!

Love the current unis, other than the grey facemasks. Need to get back to the navy facemask color a la the McNabb years. Then...perfection!

For those of you obsessed with all orange uniforms ... take a look at Miami today. (n)

Love the current unis, other than the grey facemasks. Need to get back to the navy facemask color a la the McNabb years. Then...perfection!
This is a common complaint. I personally think that its picking the fly sh#t out of the pepper. Alabama has grey face masks too.

UNC has some nice uniforms today

BTbrzm1IgAAPXGr.jpg

Because we need to be fresh to recruit and compete. Our tradition means something to people on these boards, but outside of that...not so much.

44cuse

Yes and no. Yes, you want to stay relevant to the young market, players and recruits. And you want to sell lots of gear. But you also want to protect your brand. I'm okay with having some special unis.. I've always been okay with the "platinum" on the basketball unis. But if you are going to mess with them, there still have to be some standards. I think the orange helmet is OURS. They added the block S, okay, I'll give them that because we had to establish our trademark. IF you depart from the orange helmet, you had better still have the block S...and it better be Orange. And there is only one acceptable departure from the current jersey, IMO, and that is Orange. And since all orange looks like hell, then you better couple it with white or platinum or something to complement the orange. No Camo please. That is just god-awful. I like the matte helmets, and I can see how that could be nice in conjunction with the orange. We have nice unis now. We re not Oregon. Their "brand" is defined by changing every game. For every other program, that just doesn't work. It has to be a special thing. And for the most part, you stick with the brand identity you have established.

Helmet: metallic blue w/ orange oversize S
Jersey: orange w/ blue font, white trim
Pant: blue w/ orange and white trim

You've just become UVA then. BFD.

Yes and no. Yes, you want to stay relevant to the young market, players and recruits. And you want to sell lots of gear. But you also want to protect your brand. I'm okay with having some special unis.. I've always been okay with the "platinum" on the basketball unis. But if you are going to mess with them, there still have to be some standards. I think the orange helmet is OURS. They added the block S, okay, I'll give them that because we had to establish our trademark. IF you depart from the orange helmet, you had better still have the block S...and it better be Orange. And there is only one acceptable departure from the current jersey, IMO, and that is Orange. And since all orange looks like hell, then you better couple it with white or platinum or something to complement the orange. No Camo please. That is just god-awful. I like the matte helmets, and I can see how that could be nice in conjunction with the orange. We have nice unis now. We re not Oregon. Their "brand" is defined by changing every game. For every other program, that just doesn't work. It has to be a special thing. And for the most part, you stick with the brand identity you have established.

I don't disagree, but I don't have the answer either. I'm not sure either one of us do. I have no idea what kids from FL or the inner city or TX want on their jersey's. I'm sure others do.

All I know is that our tradition doesn't mean anything outside of the 400 people on this board. Pisses me off, but it's reality.

44cuse

I wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 different combinations to rotate. UNC has 11, and they are a brand. It's what kids want these days. We are pretty much forced to oblige, plus we have switched enough in the last 10 years where we really don't have a defined uniform.

Anyone for a mock-up of this with the same camo pattern the hoops team wore.With the Ft. Drum connection, I'd like to see something like this for an Armed Forces Day home game.
4.03p-camo.jpg

Here's my QUICK mockup of your helmet:

View attachment 4874

Make the helmet itself hydrochrome orange and the S matte navy Blue and you have something.

OR

This helmet in all chrome orange and a shiny blue S where the Oregon O is...No wings of course but we could replace those with orange peels/slices or something.

images

Anyone for a mock-up of this with the same camo pattern the hoops team wore.With the Ft. Drum connection, I'd like to see something like this for an Armed Forces Day home game.
4.03p-camo.jpg

What are we commemorating here? The opening of hunting season?

What about this...just remove the middle stripe and we have old school meets modern. Just put the numbers on one side. Oh and Navy of course for the numbers.

images

Love it except the Blue looks a little too light, more royal than navy. I wish I had photoshop...and the knowledge and skill that you need to use it.

Like this? The gradient on the "S" is the light reflecting off the matte texture.

cuse 4.png