Unis for NC State... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Unis for NC State...

illini-new-football-uniforms-orange.jpg
Didn't Nike release these for Illinois the same time ours came out? Where'd they dig up that orange?

illini-new-football-uniforms-orange.jpg
Didn't Nike release these for Illinois the same time ours came out? Where'd they dig up that orange?
That is the problem, Thee are too many Orange unis out there and Nike doesn't know what the hell to do. I hate Nike.

How freakin difficult can Orange be? SU has an official color - hell, there is even a web page devoted to it. - Nike doesn't need to come up with a new one.

I have no inside knowledge on their issues. Seems crazy to me too.

But if they are trying to match metallic orange helmets to a uni exactly - that could be harder than you think. Dye color vs whatever kind of paint is on the helmet. If you've ever tried to find drapes that match a wall color exactly, you can imagine some of the issues. The official color is not "orange" it's something like Pantone #WGR566 (made that up). Matching that specific color could be an issue.

Another example: One of my clients love green. They want all of their print stuff to be neon green. Okay. Well printing uses a CMYK ink mix to achieve "full color" - but there are some specific colors, neon green being one - that is near impossible to get as bright due to the way the ink mixes. On screen? Neon as neon gets. In Print? Dull.

Now, I'll go eat nails and pound some PBR to get my man card back ;).

I would like the greys to be our road unis, if possible...

I'm fine with the whites (wish they'd try the orange helmet with the white) and the greys. If they could just get the home uni's with more orange, I think it would go a long way.

I have no inside knowledge on their issues. Seems crazy to me too.

But if they are trying to match metallic orange helmets to a uni exactly - that could be harder than you think. Dye color vs whatever kind of paint is on the helmet. If you've ever tried to find drapes that match a wall color exactly, you can imagine some of the issues. The official color is not "orange" it's something like Pantone #WGR566 (made that up). Matching that specific color could be an issue.

Another example: One of my clients love green. They want all of their print stuff to be neon green. Okay. Well printing uses a CMYK ink mix to achieve "full color" - but there are some specific colors, neon green being one - that is near impossible to get as bright due to the way the ink mixes. On screen? Neon as neon gets. In Print? Dull.

Now, I'll go eat nails and pound some PBR to get my man card back ;).
Seems to me Illinois is wearing our uniforms! I would have been happy with those.

I'm fine with the whites (wish they'd try the orange helmet with the white) and the greys. If they could just get the home uni's with more orange, I think it would go a long way.
The whites with the chromatic orange helmets might be really nice too... With orange helmet AND pants might work too... But that's asking for the moon...

Seems to me Illinois is wearing our uniforms! I would have been happy with those.

I agree with you. I think they oranges are slightly different though.

Trust me - Universities and corporations are insane about this exact pantone match stuff. I do work for Cornell and they are constantly worried about their red looking pink. They miss typos to talk about color.

I agree with you. I think they oranges are slightly different though.

Trust me - Universities and corporations are insane about this exact pantone match stuff. I do work for Cornell and they are constantly worried about their red looking pink. They miss typos to talk about color.
At MetLife everybody was commenting how our helmets looked red on the video screens. And they did.

At MetLife everybody was commenting how our helmets looked red on the video screens. And they did.

They look that way on TV too. I'm not sure they got it right with them.

I really don't know why they chose black as the accent color on the blue unis and pants. It doesn't show at all unless you're right up close to them. If they replaced the black with orange (giving a noticeable color on the sleeves and pants) I think many folks would have a little less to complain about.

I am not sure what is worse, a huge multi-billion dollar corporation claiming they can't make uniforms certain colors or a huge multi-billion dollar corporation having the ability but mysteriously lying about it for no apparent reason.

I have seen Oregon State's uniforms for this season. This color of orange, if not an exact match for the color orange Syracuse traditionally wears, is certainly closer to it than the infamous pumpkin uniforms Nike made us wear a few years ago, or the orange in the white uniforms we wore again on Saturday.

IMG_7298_large.jpg

I guess the other possibility is that Joe Giansante is lying. Too disillusioned to bother to look up exactly what was said and who said it.

But clearly Nike could have produce orange uniforms for Syracuse, and if you look at Oregon and other schools, they could have provided the Eagles with green as well.
Those look great!

our new orange helmets are a blonde orange, the nassib helmet had a creamsicle look to it which i liked much better

Have we burned our uniforms and dumped the helmets in Onondaga Lake yet?

No?

Ok, let me know.

I know this may shock you, but Nike's struggle to provide specific color uniforms to a team is not just a Syracuse thing. If you haven't noticed, the Philadelphia Eagles (best team in football, fly Eagles, fly) have not worn their green jerseys all season. Why? Nike was, for whatever reason (same as Syracuse's jerseys) unable to create uniforms in the green that the Eagles use. So literally, Nike is unable to develop some colors in a timely fashion... it may seem crazy and ridiculous (it is for a company of that size and stature), but it's not a Syracuse specific issue! With that in mind, can posters on this board stop spinning the lack of Orange jerseys as some super secret SU conspiracy theory?
http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/08...ike-taking-too-long-to-produce-green-jerseys/
First off you know the reason why the Eagles jersey are taking time? Your an Eagles fan so I assume you know
upload_2014-10-30_9-40-1.jpeg

those are the jerseys the Eagles wanted to wear. I also suppose you know the helmets are different and the NFL passed a new rule last year which stated you couldn't change helmets during the year. Thus, the Eagles late the process couldn't change helmets if they wore the green jersey I pictured above.

Its not Nike's fault the NFL changed the helmet rule for concussions. Don't tell me Nike couldn't have made orange pants/jerseys when they redesigned Syracuse uniforms's LAST YEAR. Gross/SU AD office dropped the ball somehow Nike decided on their own they could design grey/white/green/orange uniforms/pants for Miami Hurricanes this year and they could ONLY design blue/grey/white uniforms/pants for the Syracuse ORANGE.

The bucks stops with the SU AD office on this one no excuses.