Up 17-0... | Syracusefan.com

Up 17-0...

OrangeFoo

All American
if we are ever in this position again I wonder if we could slow it down given how deplete and just bad the d is... I recognize Babers want to go fast but he needs to win some games and right now going fast at 17-0 isn't goibg to work. Do we have a 5 minute offenses or if south Florida has time will the offense stop working?

What difference would punting make?

Would the defense somehow stop USF after a punt vs. after a turnover on downs?

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. We need to start going for it on 4th - I would have no problem if he gave the punter the day off.

its not like we went on 4th and 10.. its was a yd.. when we get an oline that can get a yd again, then we stop running for 3-4 a play and this offense takes off.. whether this group of guys can be that line is the real question

had no problem going for it as anyone with half a brain new we were going to need to outscore usf as our d is really banged up ,undersized and personnel isnt really a fit with scheme

What difference would punting make?

Would the defense somehow stop USF after a punt vs. after a turnover on downs?

Not sure if they stop them but not gonna give them the ball on our side of the field when we have a double digit lead and they are in shambles trying to get back into the game.

By punting you make them "earn it" and go 70 yards to score

Not sure if they stop them but not gonna give them the ball on our side of the field when we have a double digit lead and they are in shambles trying to get back into the game.

By punting you make them "earn it" and go 70 yards to score
And by getting it you have a shot to go up even more.:noidea:

No it really isn't, 4th and 3 on your own 45, ask any coach or analyst, they are punting.
No. NO NO NO NO NO. I've "enjoyed" people telling me over the years why our coaches were right to punt and I had to live with both the decision and the dumb explanations.

So now, it's everybody else's turn, and get used to it sports fans, because Dino isn't afraid of 4th down. Yeah, truth is, we won't make it every time, but Dino understands that and he still makes the choice. Live with it.

No. NO NO NO NO NO. I've "enjoyed" people telling me over the years why our coaches were right to punt and I had to live with both the decision and the dumb explanations.

So now, it's everybody else's turn, and get used to it sports fans, because Dino isn't afraid of 4th down. Yeah, truth is, we won't make it every time, but Dino understands that and he still makes the choice. Live with it.

Its not about being afraid of 4th down, up 10 points 4th and 3 on your own 45, is not the time to go for it.

I have as much problem with a fewer of the other curious fourth and short calls at other times.

cuseguy said:
I have as much problem with a few of the other curious fourth and short calls at other times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom