upperdeck's screen-cap analyses | Syracusefan.com

upperdeck's screen-cap analyses

javadoc

All American
I think these are the best things posted on the board at the moment.

I don't know the coach-speak and the details. I'm a semi-casual fan.

What I'm curious about is why there hasn't been more commentary and follow-up from the coaches on the board.

The guy is laying it out with video stills and analysis. Is he right? Has he overlooked something?

He has been our "glass half full" guy for years. Now he is showing us what he is seeing, and why he sees the glass half full.

If I knew enough to comment intelligently, I would be all over those threads like white on steamed rice.

Thank you, upperdeck, for your time and effort.

or he retired because he thought, "shoot PhatO was right all Strickland needed to do was make a cut" :);)

kidding of course. I love Upperdeck's stills, my favorite part of the football board to.

or he retired because he thought, "shoot PhatO was right all Strickland needed to do was make a cut" :);)

kidding of course. I love Upperdeck's stills, my favorite part of the football board to.
I need to get my phone to read them in Jaws’ voice.

thanks. I just havent had time to review the game like i usually do.. of course not being as frustrated leaving the game makes it easier to not feel the need to review the play sets.. I really wish we had the all 22 view someplace.. I saw some things that made me wonder but you cant see them on TV.

Play design is something i really look at.. I miss that there was talk years ago of doing game film review , many schools do just that. Even if it was done in the off season it would be cool to discuss some of the things you see and the connection of one play to another. I think we have issues with guys getting in the way and some of that is how free flowing this system is, players make a read and go places more than most systems which have set routes.. One deep ball to phillips the RB got too close to and left no angle for Dungey to throw and really wonder if that was intentional in the play design. Its such a tight window it allowed the DB on Neal to come off and cover the ball. Had Neal curled at the chains the whole sideline would be free to Phillips and Dungey to throw away from the DB which he did and the ball was almost picked

upload_2017-10-12_9-54-45.png

Did anyone catch the punt where we lined a guy in the slot and Pitt never covered him? The slot guy noticed but I wonder if we have a hot read thats allowed to make that site adjustment

upload_2017-10-12_9-58-38.png

you can see the slot guy wasnt sure if anyone saw it an he looked back in case he was thrown too
the
upload_2017-10-12_10-1-16.png

Strickland made cuts last week he has never made.. Why was that, that would be a great question.. Did he seem them better, was the blocking a bit better, is the Pitt Dline that much worse, did they allow him more leeway in where he ran last week?

The slot wouldn't be eligible to receive a pass though, would he? He seems to be covered, and given that there are already 4 in the backfield, he had be on the LoS.

yes. but thats pretty easy to fix, if you ran this play and the wide goes in motion and resets i doubt the DB recognizes that, they were not covering the slot so if he goes in motion and resets on the other side he becomes eligible and they had all 9 guys on the line pretty hard for anyone of them to spot him coming in motion in time to cover him

or if you see whats happening and you walk one of the protectors up as a TE..

yes. but thats pretty easy to fix, if you ran this play and the wide goes in motion and resets i doubt the DB recognizes that, they were not covering the slot so if he goes in motion and resets on the other side he becomes eligible and they had all 9 guys on the line pretty hard for anyone of them to spot him coming in motion in time to cover him

or if you see whats happening and you walk one of the protectors up as a TE..

Yeah, I like option B, have the weak-side protector quickly reset up on the LoS, and the slot step back (or lineup that way). Let's do it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom