USAToday Coach's Poll (Pre-Season) | Syracusefan.com

USAToday Coach's Poll (Pre-Season)

ouch. we got some proving to do
Yes, we do.
Even more so than last year.
We have at least some question marks at every position.
When was the last time we didn't get a single coach's vote?

But, it's ok.
It'll be that much better when we beat people who did get votes.
Like December 5th in DC.

Col. Bleep said:
Yes, we do.
Even more so than last year.
We have at least some question marks at every position.
When was the last time we didn't get a single coach's vote?

But, it's ok.
It'll be that much better when we beat people who did get votes.
Like December 5th in DC.

2003? Just kidding, I think it could have been the 09-10 season.

I wonder if a split preseason #1 has ever happened before.

2003? Just kidding, I think it could have been the 09-10 season.

Pretty sure we were ranked 25th before Lemoyne beat us. Maybe after. 06 to 08 were some rough times. I'm guessing we didnt receive any coaches votes or media votes for a good portion of one of those two seasons.

Pretty sure we were ranked 25th before Lemoyne beat us. Maybe after. 06 to 08 were some rough times. I'm guessing we didnt receive any coaches votes or media votes for a good portion of one of those two seasons.

Those years were BRUTAL. So frustrating--every one of those teams had huge holes. I always figured it had to do with somebody having sold their soul for the 2003 championship.

I expected Maryland to be number one...they're pretty filthy on paper.

Also LOL Kentucky number one.

IMHO, this is the kind of team that Boeheim exceeds expectations with. Plus, having good guards is an underrated plus in college basketball, and I think G, Cooney, and Joseph are a top-25 worthy rotation. I'll take the odds and bet by the end of the year, we will crack the top 25.

I know many people are taking a wait and see approach, but I truly believe that by the end of the year we will be in the top 25. This team is different than ones in the recent past. We have multiple outside shooters that should be able to put it in the hoop during the game, not just practice. As many have said, the biggest question mark is the 5 position. Maybe I am just very optimistic and think more highly of the team than most (paging Mr. Negative, twothreezone). I believe we will win 24 to 26 games before the NCAA tourney starts.

We don't merit consideration for Top 25 right now but we could be solid at the end of the year. Aside from Coleman's health, one big potential issue concerns me. These are 1A and 1B for me. That is ballhandling. It looks like we will be running a spread 'em out Villanova-esque perimeter game heavy on the 3s. (I sure hope the new guys can shoot as advertised). I just worry about enough ballhandling against pesky guards and not enough playmaking to create their own space. Obviously a problem in recent years. We have limited bodies at G. Most teams have quite a few. I could see us having problems if teams throw out a bunch of guards, especially physical ones, to defend us. The way a Dayton is composed and plays would be a nightmare situation, imo.

Read an article about the poll on cbssports.com that said coaches aren't allowed to vote for their own team.

Really? I didn't know that. Does that mean there can never be a unanimous #1 team in the coaches poll?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom