UVA Attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Will be lucky to break 30k actually fannies. Will need a good walk up. Probably 35k tickets sold.

FYI…The school announces tickets sold….not actual attendance.

Depends

When the casual fan fights tooth and nail to get to the Dome, Otto's Army brings it EVERY game, they can do whatever they want... The student section has been outstanding... When Jo Blow SU Fan shows up like they do, then Jo Blow SU Fan can talk.
Wrong

1992 was actually only a 2-0 start. Got handled at home by Ohio State and Kirk Herbstreit in Week 3 before winning every game until the infamous Miami/Gedney game.
That was the most painful lost that sticks with me after all of those years. Not to mention I was right on that goal line about 5 rows up . After they won they got on a big circle and “prayed” as the cameras took pictures only for Ray Lewis run right over to where I was sitting and started giving us all the finger. I’ve hated him since too.

They should have people go to Wegmans in the area, maybe Camillus and DeWitt. Setup a mobile kiosk. Blasting emails doesn't work that well. Go to the people!

They should have people go to Wegmans in the area, maybe Camillus and DeWitt. Setup a mobile kiosk. Blasting emails doesn't work that well. Go to the people!

It sounds good in theory but how many actual tickets is SU selling to the average suburban soccer mom? As Bees noted earlier, mobile ticketing doesn't move the needle much. There is either demand or there isn't. Most casuals are now paying attention but that means they will be sure to catch the game on TV Friday night.

When the casual fan fights tooth and nail to get to the Dome, Otto's Army brings it EVERY game, they can do whatever they want... The student section has been outstanding... When Jo Blow SU Fan shows up like they do, then Jo Blow SU Fan can talk.

College kids with not a bunch going on versus JO Blow who is working all week with kids with schedules, etc. I agree the students have been great but lets not start drawing crazy conclusions.

hey I am JO Blow, buy tix etc and I'll keep TALKING!!

It sounds good in theory but how many actual tickets is SU selling to the average suburban soccer mom? As Bees noted earlier, mobile ticketing doesn't move the needle much. There is either demand or there isn't. Most casuals are now paying attention but that means they will be sure to catch the game on TV Friday night.
There's not really much demand now so they should be open to trying new things...like going to where people are and speaking to potential fans in person.

I like Wegmans and I'm not suburban soccer mom.

social media marketing is the cheapest/easiest to do and thats what companies are going.. Its no different that who would have expected web site design to evolve into places just using poor facebook sites to push info out.. Everyone who goes past you in a mall/store whatever at least knows you have a message. if you push it out to some random media sites who knows who can see it and you cant easily ask questions or find out more even if you have an interest.

I dont care if they went to the state fair and sold zero tickets from it. they should have had a presence at least some days and tried to get the word out.. hand out some free tickets if you wanted. Shoot there wasnt even an SU appearal shop at the faith this year and I heard dozens of people looking for it

If you pay 2 people to set up 5 days a week around the area its gonna cost you 100-150K.. But no matter how many tickets end up getting bought its still advertising in a personal way. If you sell 20 tickets a day every week you have made all the money back, but even if you sell none its still cheap advertising and someone might buy a ticket to some other game once you make them more aware of costs/parking/tailgating etc..

Oh wait we dont have paper tickets any more.. You can do stuff like wonder around and give away tickets easily or sell them like that .

There's not really much demand now so they should be open to trying new things...like going to where people are and speaking to potential fans in person.

Without going into to much detail I can say that it's not something SU will consider as they won't or can't sell tickets in person like that.

go to stores/malls/schools/parks/ go to down to the armory/ random breweries . Sell cheap tickets anywhere you can all summer long. it takes work,

Go to things like the SPA/Watkings Glen/the Amp. Work with the Bills they have crowds, every festival around

Without going into to much detail I can say that it's not something SU will consider as they won't or can't sell tickets in person like that.
did they remove the kiosk at Destiny? they used to have people there selling tickets. And they dont have to sell any tickets at these things, just get people thinking about buying and answer questions.

did they remove the kiosk at Destiny? they used to have people there selling tickets.

Yes it's gone. Kiosk they may still do. I was talking about setting up somehwere like a brewery or festival or even Wegmans. It's a non-starter for SU.

Yes it's gone. Kiosk they may still do. I was talking about setting up somehwere like a brewery or festival or even Wegmans. It's a non-starter for SU.
that makes no sense. Even if its just to talk to people and tell them to go on TM.

of course the 50/50 seems to be too hard for them to figure out as well.

That was the most painful lost that sticks with me after all of those years. Not to mention I was right on that goal line about 5 rows up . After they won they got on a big circle and “prayed” as the cameras took pictures only for Ray Lewis run right over to where I was sitting and started giving us all the finger. I’ve hated him since too.

At least you lived to tell about unlike others who have crossed Ray...

Tulane slinging $5 tickets and $3 beers to try and sell out for SO Miss. Tulane is actually pretty good this year

They are making me money. I feel like I should buy some fan a ticket and beer and give back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom