UVA Attendance | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

BVille44

All Conference
I will be shocked if we don’t have at least 42,000 in the dome on Friday night especially the way this game ended.

Attachments

• EBFC6AEE-3587-4D42-A81F-528BFF5B9E7B.jpeg
    EBFC6AEE-3587-4D42-A81F-528BFF5B9E7B.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 94
Honestly if the crowd can't show up for a primetime game against a conference opponent with the team 3-0 off a win like this, they never will.
They will, they showed up in the latter part of 2018 and they showed up in the beginning of 2019. Our overall fan base is like an abused dog. The casuals have been let down so many times that they have to slowly start getting used to the whole idea that they can’t scream about firing the coach and actually should support the program. I said man what a good game to a guy while walking off the bus . His immediate words were yea for cuse FOOTBALL. That’s still the perception and that will only be solved with winning and time. Also the stupid number next to your name does a good amount of work.

One thing is for sure. The student section will be over flowing. The University should take some notes on the Otto’s Army organization and hire them. They are insane. Yesterday they gave everyone in the lower sections a free t-shirt. It’s called marketing.

One thing is for sure. The student section will be over flowing. The University should take some notes on the Otto’s Army organization and hire them. They are insane. Yesterday they gave everyone in the lower sections a free t-shirt. It’s called marketing.
Otto's Army-->great fans...these kids are the future "us" here on this board.

The overflow students not so much...arrive late and leave early. I hope continual winning can create an even better student culture and show the casual student fans a way to help the team.

Last edited:
Anything over 35k is pretty respectable (and will be loud). Friday nights are tougher for out of towners and with locals you are competing with high school sports. Last year, this same game against Liberty had an announced of under 30k, and three weeks later for Clemson the announced was under 37k.

Win the next two and attendance will be well over 40k for NC State (Family weekend; couldn't book with points at any local Marriotts) and Notre Dame. FSU will be more dependent on what out record looks like.

42K should be the goal.

At 42K the visuals look pretty good on TV.
Bingo.

One thing I reallllly wish they did during the renovation was swap the camera booth to the away side. The Dome would look a ton better on TV if the shot was of the home/student side. They could have just flipped the turf so the writing was legible to that side as well.

College football has become a made for TV event, we should really broadcast it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom