UVA Attendance | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

I generally agree with this sentiment. UVA Football doesn't bring any excitement at all for the casual fan. Moreover, it's certainly great to kick off this season 3-0, but again, for those casuals, the teams we beat to get here are not getting anyone of them too bothered either. UL and Purdue are not big names and both are 1-2 respectively. UConn is pathetic and the casuals associate that program with hoops anyways.

Unfortunately, being such a poor program for so long has left much residual damage and will take a lot more winning. Perhaps being ranked will assist and be a good trigger point. If we can get to 5-0 and into the Top 25, I could then see more of the local/casual interest being piqued to the point of tangible significance.

I'm sorry, but beating Louisville and Purdue has always been a quality win. These teams have been consistently "pretty good" and occasionally excellent for decades.

ND will be a sell out. Even a mediocre ND team brings fans, ND fans will show, casual SU fans will show to see ND, and casual sports fans will show out of curiosity

ND fans will come out of the woodwork, too, especially the ethnic Irish casual fan. I was there the last time they dared to come here.

NC st is the chance for a crowd.. get to 5-0 with a great effort the next 2 weeks and then build 2 weeks of energy around the game..

Clemson has Wake/Nc st the next 2 weeks
Wake has Clem/FSU
NC st has Clem/FSU

For us and the crowd NC st winning the next 2 puts them into the top 10. for us Winning the game let them lose both.

I agree with this. I think the community is beginning to notice, but UVA doesn't really move the needle as an opponent.

I am not afraid of the attendance anymore. Idc what they report the dome was filled out more then Louisville they can report what they want. The 35k was much more accurate then the report of 37. They will come they did in 2018. People are starting to believe the chatter is growing larger. The couple I brought to Purdue immediately bought nc state tickets today and theyve now added there kids to the party.If you just get them in the door and it’s a productive product on the field they will come back. If you truly want to do something to help you take a screenshot of the ticket prices and you preach the gospel on any and all of your social media pages. People always complain there’s nothing to do in cny, well guess what here ya go. Go support these kids they put it all on the line for us.

I've taken my young-adult daughter to a handful of football games, and more times than that to hoops. She really enjoys the hoops, but she told me that the Purdue game was the first time she really enjoyed the whole game experience, and how amped up the crowd was. She said it felt like a concert. When the team can score points and compete with people, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

they sell them at the dollar store.
You can get 1 for like 8$ at Wally World too haha. Even Hanes has some pretty cheap hoodies on Amazon for like 15$

Debating whether I should wear my orange Tucker jersey or my navy blue Cuse hoodie.

go to stores/malls/schools/parks/ go to down to the armory/ random breweries . Sell cheap tickets anywhere you can all summer long. it takes work,

Go to things like the SPA/Watkings Glen/the Amp. Work with the Bills they have crowds, every festival around
Let people bring their dogs and it would sell out in an instant with millenials and Gen Zers.

I've taken my young-adult daughter to a handful of football games, and more times than that to hoops. She really enjoys the hoops, but she told me that the Purdue game was the first time she really enjoyed the whole game experience, and how amped up the crowd was. She said it felt like a concert. When the team can score points and compete with people, it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Amen to that, Louisville and Purdue were so much FUN. It felt more like a party then just a game. Me and a group of guys behind me were going ballistic. cheering, high fiving. When we got the pick 6. I jumped from my seat, tackled one of them and the rest dog piled ontop of us. it was so stupid, it was insane…… it was so much fun! lol.

Last edited:
didnt Buffalo shut down the schools in the area monday before noon so people could get ready for home game #1..
Only the Orchard Park district due to the early MNF start of 7PM instead of 8:30 PM.

The ticketmaster map looks...better? I'm not sure at this point I really can't tell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom