UVA dismisses Nichols | Syracusefan.com

UVA dismisses Nichols

nyucuse

2nd String
Wow, big news. I always felt they were a bit overrated this year to begin with, but without him, they should be a top 20-25 squad at best, IMO.

WHOA that is huge! Wonder what he did?

It definitely hurts but uva will still b a top 10-ish team. reuters looked good off the bench, so he'll just get more minutes now , plus i think 1 of the 2 four star freshmen they're redshirting might b a big, so they might just pull that redshirt and play him this year. but if not, and they have to rely on salt, then yes, they're in trouble !

It definitely hurts but uva will still b a top 10-ish team. reuters looked good off the bench, so he'll just get more minutes now , plus i think 1 of the 2 four star freshmen they're redshirting might b a big, so they might just pull that redshirt and play him this year. but if not, and they have to rely on salt, then yes, they're in trouble !

Eh, UVA was not a legit top 10 team with him. A lot of hype from reg season performance last few years. But they lost a ton. Without him, no way they are top 10. Not close.

Any insight into why you guys cut
Him loose?

Wow, big news. I always felt they were a bit overrated this year to begin with, but without him, they should be a top 20-25 squad at best, IMO.
Gotta say that this just makes me like Tony Bennett even more. The dude has integrity. I also thought his response to his loss in the elite eight to Syracuse was beyond classy.

Gotta say that this just makes me like Tony Bennett even more. The dude has integrity. I also thought his response to his loss in the elite eight to Syracuse was beyond classy.

He better not run for president.

IIRC, he was suspended for the exhibition games and the first regular season game. This is after sitting a season after transferring from Memphis. Must have been brewing for some time.

IIRC, he was suspended for the exhibition games and the first regular season game. This is after sitting a season after transferring from Memphis. Must have been brewing for some time.

You are correct about the timeline of events and the initial suspension.

This shows a lot about Memphis. He played 2 years there without issues, then transferred when Pastner left, and it took him 3 games to get kicked out of UVA.

This shows a lot about Memphis. He played 2 years there without issues, then transferred when Pastner left, and it took him 3 games to get kicked out of UVA.

But wasn't he still around last year even though he couldn't play games? It would be like us (in a hypothetical analogy) dismissing Chukwu this year for a violation three games in. Was it an issue that should have been recognized last year, or did it only develop this year? If you are implying it is something that carried over from his Memphis days, then why wasn't it caught sooner?

Doubt we will ever know though.

Cheers,
Neil

Sometimes it's being (relatively) idle that leads to trouble.

I have no idea if the assertions above are true. What I do know is that he is 22 years old and Bennett is overrated.
Was he overrated when he was beating JB? Or just since the last game? When he finished 2nd, 1st and 1st in the acc the years we were in the conference, each time better than JB?

All despite not getting top 50 players. I'll take that kind of 'overrated.'

Was he overrated when he was beating JB? Or just since the last game? When he finished 2nd, 1st and 1st in the acc the years we were in the conference, each time better than JB?

All despite not getting top 50 players. I'll take that kind of 'overrated.'
Another shot at JB... weird!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom