Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion

How about the reality that he just isn’t a good QB and using some phantom injury every year is getting tired

OK, but even if you say that, we have had 10 win seasons with guys like Todd Philcox, R.J. Anderson, Marvin Graves and Don McPhearson, none of whom had a sniff in the pros.

Team performance shouldn't depend so heavily on just one guy.

OK, but even if you say that, we have had 10 win seasons with guys like Todd Philcox, R.J. Anderson, Marvin Graves and Don McPhearson, none of whom had a sniff in the pros.

Team performance shouldn't depend so heavily on just one guy.

Philcox was in the NFL forever, maybe one of SU's longest guys there. I think McPherson was there a few years as well.

Really not much to debate , Dino is toast but I take no joy in that, especially since we now have to give some new coach 4 years to implement his system, at least Dino gave us a few great moments, I honestly think SU football as we have known it is coming to an end. No new coach is going to make us an ACC contender. I’m pretty confident of that . Fingers crossed for Coach Autry.

Really not much to debate , Dino is toast but I take no joy in that, especially since we now have to give some new coach 4 years to implement his system, at least Dino gave us a few great moments, I honestly think SU football as we have known it is coming to an end. No new coach is going to make us an ACC contender. I’m pretty confident of that . Finishers crossed for Coach Autry

It doesn't take 4 years anymore. It's a new age in college football.

They'll be better suited just to have some new energy. Because nothing is energizing or inspiring them right now.

Really not much to debate , Dino is toast but I take no joy in that, especially since we now have to give some new coach 4 years to implement his system, at least Dino gave us a few great moments, I honestly think SU football as we have known it is coming to an end. No new coach is going to make us an ACC contender. I’m pretty confident of that . Fingers crossed for Coach Autry.
Yep spot on. Let me know when the funeral is, I’m going to need it for closure!

It doesn't take 4 years anymore. It's a new age in college football.

They'll be better suited just to have some new energy. Because nothing is energizing or inspiring them right now.

Is there anything like the AAU basketball circuit that we could tap into with a couple good football recruiting hires, or is that not a thing in football? Don't they have all-star games, etc?

Chip the playing field is no longer even close to level, In any and every respect, it’s over bro.

I get that, I know the 90s aren't coming back anymore.

But I was more responding to it taking 4 years to implement a new system. It doesn't. With instant transfers you can compete.

I accept that we're not going to be in ACC Championship games. But I don't accept that we're a program that's relegated to 500 yard to 150 yard mismatches in all our ACC games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom