Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion

People do because they can. Dino acts like a guy without a care in the world, results be damned. There is no competitive fire anymore from anyone. I continue to fall back on our lack of physicality, especially on D.

We do so many Dline stunts that never get home, create running lanes, and basically look like we are doing a choreographed dance more than playing attacking football. Physical play matters and we lack in that area - and don't even get me started on the tackling...

I have to wonder if his contract is ending this year. Then when he got to 4-0 he wanted an extension. When he wasn't given one, he gave up. That would at least explain what we are seeing now. otherwise Double UTF?

That’s a solid batting average.

And prolly better than weather forecasting, economists, and most sports prognosticators.

But as a winning %, it’s pretty atrocious.

I’m one of those “I like Dino as the face of the program” guys,
but clearly that’s now irrelevant.

Because the program is a clownshow shambles at this point.

Can Dino, have Rocky be interim for remainder of season, and get busy with the search for the new guy.

It’s time.

295 with a double and 4 RBI after 2/3rds of a season.

Everything starts in the trenches. EVERYTHING. We have to find a coach who can build inside out. Seems like every year this unit is a question for us. Gotta find someone on both sides to fix those lines.
^^^ this.

Oline is developement, and a scheme to put them in the best position. I really like what Duke has done with their Oline.

2018, Athlon article. Of the 15 Oline in the pro bowl, the average star grade was 2.6. ZERO 5 stars. Four 4 stars, and Four zero stars. The rest, 2 and 3 stars. 75% 3 stars and under. Olinemen are Made.

I have to wonder if his contract is ending this year. Then when he got to 4-0 he wanted an extension. When he wasn't given one, he gave up. That would at least explain what we are seeing now. otherwise Double UTF?
Does he ask and get rejected for an extension every year? Because this perennial Dino Swoon is not unfamiliar. We go through this every season- multiple game losing streaks while trying to limp to some lame bowl game.
There's no more explanations, questions, or excuses. Personally, I no longer care what the reasons are. It's time for him to go. Period

Here's something you don't see every day...

F9ahW1wXUAA6Yb2
Yin and Yang

no, it's 2024. we only have to pay him 1 year and this year's Yankee Stadium payout will cover it. I originally didn’t like the idea of giving up a home game but if it was moved to stockpile funds for a firing and last year payout it was a shrewd move.

no, it's 2024. we only have to pay him 1 year and this year's Yankee Stadium payout will cover it. I originally didn’t like the idea of giving up a home game but if it was moved to stockpile funds for a firing and last year payout it was a shrewd move.

That is insane that after 2018 we gave him 6 years under contract.

I’m sure this was talked about in the game thread, but why on Earth did Dino hand the ball off at the end of the first half instead of heaving it to the end zone? What was the point of calling the timeouts. Nothing we do makes sense.

Umm...Dinoball

School saw a 10 win season with a newish coach and a highly regarded QB as the heir apparent and figured bowl seasons were a lock moving forward
That was an excellent season and we could honestly have run the table. It’s hard to win here. We have run down the contract it’s time.

I’d still like to win 2/4 and go bowling and get some extra practices for the new guy.

Not a single third down conversion? This is funny

Every time I see new stats from the game it gets even worse. I didn’t see this one before.

First game I’ve turned off at halftime and never even checked back on the game. Never done that in my life. One time at band camp at a Shafer game in the dome I wanted to leave around the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th. My wife wouldn’t let me, made me stay and be a baby.

I’m at an all time low with SU FB right now. And it’s sad as hell. No idea what the future holds. Not sure if it’s worth wasting the time and energy to watch. Don’t know if we can ever make Saturdays at least enjoyable again, more often than not.

I’m sure this was talked about in the game thread, but why on Earth did Dino hand the ball off at the end of the first half instead of heaving it to the end zone? What was the point of calling the timeouts. Nothing we do makes sense.
Dino was trying to pad the stats to get us back to 0 total yards at the end of the game.

After suffering through all of last nights misery and seeing how inept our offense is and witnessing how upset and tuned out the players were and following the cheerleading efforts to get all of us to believe the second half of the season would be different, I must conclude…

IMG_9452.gif

The earliest I can get to the game Friday is probably 8:30-9. Not sure if I even want to bother.

Now is the time to make the move. Today.

This schedule and next year's schedule were made to get 8 wins and we are in danger of coming nowhere near it.

Get someone in now to finish off this year and maybe steal two more games, and get in to get their system in place for next year.

2025 is a nightmare schedule
Totally agree!

I’m so sick of Dino in his press conferences NEVER knowing what happens during the game. Every answer to every question- “I’ll have to go back and watch the tape”. So let’s put this in real terms.

I teach golf for a living. Imagine during a lesson my student says “what do you think is going on?” And my reply is “hold on. Let me get a video of this swing. Let me say nothing now. I gotta go home and watch it for 3 days. And then I’ll get back to you with my thoughts”. I don’t deserve to help anyone ever if I’m not able to make changes right then and there and put someone in a place to succeed. That’s what I’m paid to do.

This guy has zero clue what is going on in front of his eyes. It’s completely insane and I don’t even know how you call him a coach at this point

Every time I see new stats from the game it gets even worse. I didn’t see this one before.

First game I’ve turned off at halftime and never even checked back on the game. Never done that in my life. One time at band camp at a Shafer game in the dome I wanted to leave around the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th. My wife wouldn’t let me, made me stay and be a baby.

I’m at an all time low with SU FB right now. And it’s sad as hell. No idea what the future holds. Not sure if it’s worth wasting the time and energy to watch. Don’t know if we can ever make Saturdays at least enjoyable again, more often than not.
I found myself being happy last night that this game was played on a Thursday. That way I could enjoy watching other games, w/out having to follow what bed we were ishtting on this weekend. Unreal.

I’m so sick of Dino in his press conferences NEVER knowing what happens during the game. Every answer to every question- “I’ll have to go back and watch the tape”. So let’s put this in real terms.

I teach golf for a living. Imagine during a lesson my student says “what do you think is going on?” And my reply is “hold on. Let me get a video of this swing. Let me say nothing now. I gotta go home and watch it for 3 days. And then I’ll get back to you with my thoughts”. I don’t deserve to help anyone ever if I’m not able to make changes right then and there and put someone in a place to succeed. That’s what I’m paid to do.

This guy has zero clue what is going on in front of his eyes. It’s completely insane and I don’t even know how you call him a coach at this point
I agree. If he truly doesn’t know what is going on than he cannot possibly make in game adjustments to counter what the opponent is doing.

I suspect a lot of that is simply him not wanting to answer the question. It's a dodge. Pasqualoni used to say the exact same thing, and he knew what he was watching.

This is not to excuse Babers. He's an awful coach.

See I disagree. Our offense lacks any thought process or scheme to get guys open. No way Beck has proved anything yet at all. I say send him to.
Not sure what you think you can scheme when every snap looks like a jail break. This line makes the one Tommy D had look like all Americans.

I suspect a lot of that is simply him not wanting to answer the question. It's a dodge. Pasqualoni used to say the exact same thing, and he knew what he was watching.

This is not to excuse Babers. He's an awful coach.
Babers did OK especially considering the poor recruiting.

It’s time and the ACC isn’t that good we might hit a home run with the next guy.

School saw a 10 win season with a newish coach and a highly regarded QB as the heir apparent and figured bowl seasons were a lock moving forward
Yeah, we definitely appeared to be on the upswing at the time.

The thing that gets me is that I was really impressed with the additions this off season and also the coaching hires. Yet again, he seriously miss calculated the talent at o line. I don’t understand how we did not raid the portal for more guys on the front.
Syracuse will never be the first choice for players in the portal. We didn’t get a single impact player from the portal last year. If people think the portal is going to be our savior, they’re mistaken.

Come on man, he knows, but one of his only redeeming qualities is not throwing his players under the bus. Just doesn’t want to say that the offensive line is likely the worst in college football history at this level.
He’s the opposite of JB and everyone complained when JB threw players under the bus.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom