Vegas, Part II | Syracusefan.com

Vegas, Part II

So we could potentially play Duke/Virginia OOC and then in conference as well?

Not working?
Yes, in the sense that nearly all insider accounts say we are behind the top 20-40 or so schools in terms of resources and have been unable to compete for top transfer portal talent over the past two seasons.

So we could potentially play Duke/Virginia OOC and then in conference as well?
For 2024, where they are only inviting 8 teams, I read that they have no decided on the format yet. I think they are going to create 2 4 team METs (rather than a true 8 team MTE like the Maui Classic).

This is because the NCAA has a rule that a team cannot play in a given MTE more than once every 4 years.

Most of the teams in this are said to have signed up for 3 years. I think the tournament organizers are planning to go to 4 MTEs in 2025, each with 4 teams, and get around the once every 4 years MTE limitation by placing teams in different MTEs each of the 3 seasons they play in the event.

If this happens, and more than one team from a conference plays, they will surely act to place the teams from the same conference in different MTEs.

Last edited:
For 2024, where they are only inviting 8 teams, I read that they have no decided on the format yet. I think they are going to create 2 4 team METs (rather than a true 8 team MET like the Maui Classic).

This is because the NCAA has a rule that a team cannot play in a given MET more than once every 4 years.

Most of the teams in this are said to have signed up for 3 years. I think the tournament organizers are planning to go to 4 METs in 2025, each with 4 teams, and get around the once every 4 years MET limitation by placing teams in different METs each of the 3 seasons they play in the event.

If this happens, and more than one team from a conference plays, they will surely act to place the teams from the same conference in different METs.
All well said. And Syracuse is slated for 2025...

Yes, in the sense that nearly all insider accounts say we are behind the top 20-40 or so schools in terms of resources and have been unable to compete for top transfer portal talent over the past two seasons.
I know some people with a much better feel for the numbers that would dispute that statement.

We are spending a lot of time in Vegas it seems.

A new sports conference co-hosted by UNLV- Syracuse in July (gaining traction.)

UNLV Football game

Hoops in ‘25.

Good to hear! Let’s start using it!
Mets - Have highest payroll in MLB - Dont win
Buffalo, Miami, Saints - Highest payrolls in NFL in 2023/24 - Dont win championships
Golden St - Highest payroll in NBA - Lost in NBA play in game
Kansas paid for Dickinson lst year and they weren't that good

Can't be fixated on money we are not spending. It is going ti be a fit thing for Red's roster.

We held onto Judah last year.. They tells me alot of what they can and cannot do.

Is this a Thanksgiving tournament? Or what is the possible dates? Asking for a lady who lives not too far away from Vegas.

Is this a Thanksgiving tournament? Or what is the possible dates? Asking for a lady who lives not too far away from Vegas.
Yes, it's slated to be held around Thanksgiving. I believe the tentative dates for the 2024 tourney are November 26, 27 and 29, but nothing has been finalized, that I'm aware of, for dates in 2025, when Syracuse would play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom