Video of the coaches fight in Alabama | Syracusefan.com

Video of the coaches fight in Alabama

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

Looks like the coach in the white cheap shoted the guy in the dark shirt who said something to him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say cheap shot. They were face to face, chest to chest. You say something to a guys face and he punches you... That's not cheap. Now if his back was turned, I'd agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/
It looks like a cheap shot to me. If you're not expecting a fight, it's a cheap shot. The guy in white launched into him, then punched him. He followed that up with a nice single leg takedown too. Gave him quite a shiner. Anyone know the story behind this?

It looks like a cheap shot to me. If you're not expecting a fight, it's a cheap shot. The guy in white launched into him, then punched him. He followed that up with a nice single leg takedown too. Gave him quite a shiner. Anyone know the story behind this?

Eh, the guy in the dark shirt was walking right at him jawing him, provoking the whole thing. I wouldn't call that a cheap shot. If you're going to go after a guy like that, you should probably prepare yourself that he might take a swing.

Eh, the guy in the dark shirt was walking right at him jawing him, provoking the whole thing. I wouldn't call that a cheap shot. If you're going to go after a guy like that, you should probably prepare yourself that he might take a swing.
I guess it also depends on what the guy in the dark shirt was saying. If he was calling him out for a dirty play or tactics, I would still call it a cheap shot. It's not unheard of for coaches at the HS level and above to have words like that after games, without anything more than a heated argument as a result. If, on the other hand, he was walking towards him saying "I'm going to kick your arse" or commenting on his wife, mother, kids, etc, ok, then it isn't a cheap shot.

I guess it also depends on what the guy in the dark shirt was saying. If he was calling him out for a dirty play or tactics, I would still call it a cheap shot. It's not unheard of for coaches at the HS level and above to have words like that after games, without anything more than a heated argument as a result. If, on the other hand, he was walking towards him saying "I'm going to kick your arse" or commenting on his wife, mother, kids, etc, ok, then it isn't a cheap shot.

Yeah, I guess. I don't really give football coaches the benefit of the doubt on that stuff, because I think too many of them are mentally unhinged meatheads. So when one meathead aggressively approaches the other meathead, with gums flapping, it's not unreasonable to think that the other meathead might take a swing.

It's all just so unnecessary. These guys need a better hobby, one that's more relaxing.

Yeah, I guess. I don't really give football coaches the benefit of the doubt on that stuff, because I think too many of them are mentally unhinged meatheads. So when one meathead aggressively approaches the other meathead, with gums flapping, it's not unreasonable to think that the other meathead might take a swing.

It's all just so unnecessary. These guys need a better hobby, one that's more relaxing.

Agreed, I just look at both of them and think what a couple of flocking losers, seriously. Meatheads, way to set the example. My god

Reactions: CIL
What's even stranger is that the guy in the dark shirt who got pummeled but was walking right at the coach in white - he was just the high school's defensive co-ordinator not even the head coach.

Who gives a whether it's a cheap shot or not. Great example for all the kids and families who are there.

Agreed, I just look at both of them and think what a couple of flocking losers, seriously. Meatheads, way to set the example. My god

Revoke their coaching certifications, and if they are a teachers pull their teaching certifications for a year with mandatory anger management and public apologies. If they fail to complete the remediation, pull their teaching certificates permanently.

There is literally nothing, NOTHING, that one coach could say to another coach that would justify punches being thrown in response. For the love of God, you are supposed to be setting an example for highly impressionable 16-18 year old boys.

the best hit of the game was the white jersey player getting a pancake block on the other team right after the fight had started

Revoke their coaching certifications, and if they are a teachers pull their teaching certifications for a year with mandatory anger management and public apologies. If they fail to complete the remediation, pull their teaching certificates permanently.

There is literally nothing, NOTHING, that one coach could say to another coach that would justify punches being thrown in response. For the love of God, you are supposed to be setting an example for highly impressionable 16-18 year old boys.

Well, yeah...but it is, like, the State of Alabama...home to AU and UA, bastions of the secsecsec. (Enjoy listing UA behind AU...just because I can)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom