Ville fans comment on Roid-Rage Boulware | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ville fans comment on Roid-Rage Boulware

Oh good Lord you sound like the Lvl fans who wanted (and still obsess over) Boulware and his "attempted murder" of Lamar Jackson.

You love cheaters? Swinney wants cheaters on his team? Watson and crew want to be associated with cheaters? Be honest, Boulware got away with a lot yesterday, all season and the people in the best position to real him in and force him to play within the rules are the Clemson staff.

I like Swinney, but allowing a cheater to step on the field in a Clemson uniform has seriously degraded my respect for what he has built there. I expect this from A Steve Spurrier team or a Jimmy Johnson team, but Swinney had some credibility as having ethics. Boulware is spending that credit fast.

Besides, players like that cause more injuries to their own team than they help. Watch what happens to Clemson players in the near future (this season and the next two). Don't be surprised if several Clemson players end their career prematurely. Character is far more important than cheating on a play.

I respect most Clemson posters but this post is out of line. Boulware should be benched for the remainder of the season by Swinney. I guarantee that every Clemson fan would be crying right now if someone Boulware'd one of your receivers.

No one has said it wasn't a penalty, but you act like it never happens...and your rant on the legal ramifications is laughable on so many levels it's not even worth starting on. Again, I'm not suggesting it's not a penalty...if you are suggesting other players are dirty and it's justified (in response), how do you not know something didn't happen to "cause" Boulware to do this? If that's how things work? (not suggesting that's the case)...

FYI, there was an exact same play earlier in the day in another game (also had a PF call on it)...then there was the Bama play earlier in the year (this guy didn't have the ball). Quite sure there are/were more. Not saying it justifies anything but stop with the "end their careers" nonsense...and the "legal" consequences.

Video: Alabama linebacker Tim Williams suplexes Western Kentucky quarterback

Last edited:
It's incredible that kid wasn't ejected for that. It was so over the top ridiculous. How can you not throw him out?

I have no idea. I've been watching college football games for 25 years and I've never seen a tackle like that before.

This is now two major league dirty plays by him that I've seen, the chokehold and now this. Clearly not a one-off thing. You look around at other fanboards (I specifically saw an Auburn one about the L'ville/Clemson game), and you'll see a lot of the same sentiment from other fanbases.

I think your post goes off on a tangent a bit in that last paragraph. If a play like that (which really has no place in the game) becomes an ejection, you likely won't see it anymore.

As I said, it's different from targeting because it's not happening nearly as fast. The guy knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.

The point is the player was not ejected and no one is taking responsibility. He has a record of reckless play and no one is taking responsibility. The failure to eject the player is on the referees. The failure to not bench a reckless player is on the coach, the staff and Clemson University.

Oh good Lord you sound like the Lvl fans who wanted (and still obsess over) Boulware and his "attempted murder" of Lamar Jackson.

No one has said it wasn't a penalty, but you act like it never happens...and your rant on the legal ramifications is laughable on so many levels it's not even worth starting on. Again, I'm not suggesting it's not a penalty...if you are suggesting other players are dirty and it's justified (in response), how do you not know something didn't happen to "cause" Boulware to do this? If that's how things work? (not suggesting that's the case)...

FYI, there was an exact same play earlier in the day in another game (also had a PF call on it)...then there was the Bama play earlier in the year (this guy didn't have the ball). Quite sure there are/were more. Not saying it justifies anything but stop with the "end their careers" nonsense...and the "legal" consequences.

Video: Alabama linebacker Tim Williams suplexes Western Kentucky quarterback

Nice strawman hyperbole, too bad you haven't a clue about facts. Use the rule book to justify Boulware's action. I didn't claim Boulware tried to murder anyone. I said he is a cheater. I am specifically limiting my comment to Boulware recklessly endangering a player. Simply because Alabama gets away with something does not make it valid play.

When Boulware finally injures someone, is that when Swinney, staff, and Clemson should get control of an out of control player? And how bad must the injury be? A broken arm? Leg? Neck? You'd be the first to cry foul if an opposing player did the same to one of your players.

Nice strawman hyperbole, too bad you haven't a clue about facts. Use the rule book to justify Boulware's action. I didn't claim Boulware tried to murder anyone. I said he is a cheater. I am specifically limiting my comment to Boulware recklessly endangering a player. Simply because Alabama gets away with something does not make it valid play.

When Boulware finally injures someone, is that when Swinney, staff, and Clemson should get control of an out of control player? And how bad must the injury be? A broken arm? Leg? Neck? You'd be the first to cry foul if an opposing player did the same to one of your players.

Re-read it, I didn't say you said 'murder'...that's foor the feathered friends in Lvl. Also didn't say the Bama guy did it making it ok, so drop the strawman yourself. Point is it isn't all that uncommon of a foul...that doesn't mean it isn't a foul, or shouldn't be, just that the reaction of legal ramifications and another saying in 25 years have never seen it happen is nonsense.

Penalty? Absolutely...

Re-read it, I didn't say you said 'murder'...that's foor the feathered friends in Lvl. Also didn't say the Bama guy did it making it ok, so drop the strawman yourself. Point is it isn't all that uncommon of a foul...that doesn't mean it isn't a foul, or shouldn't be, just that the reaction of legal ramifications and another saying in 25 years have never seen it happen is nonsense.

Penalty? Absolutely...

Really? A suplex is now not an uncommon foul? I have seen two in my lifetime and both are in this thread and I've watched a ton of football. As for picking a guy up and slamming them to the ground ask Jim McMahon how he feels about Martin of Green Bay and what happened to their respective careers and get back to me. You can do serious physical damage to someone. Problem is he has a history of being a punk and you can't even defend that point ... he is a good football player but an absolute punk.

Really? A suplex is now not an uncommon foul? I have seen two in my lifetime and both are in this thread and I've watched a ton of football. As for picking a guy up and slamming them to the ground ask Jim McMahon how he feels about Martin of Green Bay and what happened to their respective careers and get back to me. You can do serious physical damage to someone. Problem is he has a history of being a punk and you can't even defend that point ... he is a good football player but an absolute punk.

A NFL level talent scumbag is still a scumbag.

It's incredible that kid wasn't ejected for that. It was so over the top ridiculous. How can you not throw him out?

Become an ACC ref. What me worry ?

POS
I didn't see that play as being anything more than a defensive player doing what defensive players do . Some on here act as if the kid has it out for people , or that he is intentionally trying to injure other players and I couldn't disagree more.
His little dance after the tackle was the only thing that bothered me , but not the suplex .
I give the suplex a 10 for style and a 7 for technical merit . It would be double 10's but the guy picked up the first down.
I swear , football is a vicious sport and it used to be anything goes . I'm all for protecting players from illegal or unnecessarily vicious hits ...but this wasn't one of em'.

You love cheaters? Swinney wants cheaters on his team? Watson and crew want to be associated with cheaters? Be honest, Boulware got away with a lot yesterday, all season and the people in the best position to real him in and force him to play within the rules are the Clemson staff.

I like Swinney, but allowing a cheater to step on the field in a Clemson uniform has seriously degraded my respect for what he has built there. I expect this from A Steve Spurrier team or a Jimmy Johnson team, but Swinney had some credibility as having ethics. Boulware is spending that credit fast.

Besides, players like that cause more injuries to their own team than they help. Watch what happens to Clemson players in the near future (this season and the next two). Don't be surprised if several Clemson players end their career prematurely. Character is far more important than cheating on a play.

I respect most Clemson posters but this post is out of line. Boulware should be benched for the remainder of the season by Swinney. I guarantee that every Clemson fan would be crying right now if someone Boulware'd one of your receivers.
JoGr

I'm Joey Greco and I approve this message!

jg.jpg

A NFL level talent scumbag is still a scumbag.
In many cases there is a direct positive correlation. One of the reasons I watch VERY little NFL until playoff time.

To me he looked out of control....good defensive players need controlled rage, he was over the line.

Really?

You do recall we had a player on the hoops side named Eric Devendorf. Imagine being an opponent with that guy on Cuse.
Um...this is an awful comparison.
Goodness.

I didn't see that play as being anything more than a defensive player doing what defensive players do . Some on here act as if the kid has it out for people , or that he is intentionally trying to injure other players and I couldn't disagree more.
His little dance after the tackle was the only thing that bothered me , but not the suplex .
I give the suplex a 10 for style and a 7 for technical merit . It would be double 10's but the guy picked up the first down.
I swear , football is a vicious sport and it used to be anything goes . I'm all for protecting players from illegal or unnecessarily vicious hits ...but this wasn't one of em'.

Would you have given it double 10's if he broke Strickland's arm? Or better yet maybe his neck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom