Virginia Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

That's not an offensive foul when you two-hand push Cooney away to get the pass? Okay.

Great fight, but a moral victory at a time when that isn't enough. Sucks.

Gotta win the next 5... Shame Mike Hopkins didn't win a single game. Team is good enough to be in the tournament

I live outside of Richmond and I despise UVA for a number of reasons including the fact that they think their sheet doesn't stink. This game is killing me.

That's the shame of all of this. This team while not great overall is a team that could get really really hot and do some damage in the tourney.
I'm still shocked Mike Hopkins managed to lose every big game. Boeheim wins 2 of those at least

I live outside of Richmond and I despise UVA for a number of reasons including the fact that they think their sheet doesn't stink. This game is killing me.
So am I man. Live in Richmond. They won't do anything in March. They haven't been past the sweet 16 in like 30 years

It will really be a travesty if this team doesn't make the Tournament.

Gonna hurt like hell if our bubble gets popped. This team is good, not great. Sweet 16 capable without a doubt.

Let's be honest, we stayed in that game with unlikely 3 pt chucking. There was almost ZERO inside game. I'm afraid UVa would beat us 8 out of 10 times, home or away, because of our offensive imbalance.

So am I man. Live in Richmond. They won't do anything in March. They haven't been past the sweet 16 in like 30 years

Love the salty posts. Keep it up.

By the way, we went to the sweet 16 in 2014. So you were ALMOST right.

my 6 yo son was questioning some of Hop's decisions at the StJ game

he was right
Yup. Hopkins was awful. No other way to put it. The second JB came back the team looks night and day better. JB is a HOFer for a reason. This season has made it even more imminent. This team is NOT bad. That's what's frustrating. They should be a tourney team. That stretch just KILLED them.

one of those games you come away and say how did virginia shoot 58% you wouldn't have guessed it.
Only 4 offensive boards for them though.

They really had a great balance of inside outside scoring that led to that. And their three balls were tough from tough spots.

I think we played really really well today, well enough to even win, just gave up some tough key buckets at key moments, like those threes from the corners. They miss or we stop those we could have won at virginia.

Bahhh if Lydon pump fakes another open look I may scream. Lydon was 0/1 from the field today...(and the 3pter that he got fouled on). You could see the bench get visibily mad when Lydon wasn't shooting. The kid has to trust his stroke.

Rough game for Trev; G and Mali are studs. Man I hope Mali stays, his offensive game is so advanced and polished for a freshman.

Have to go 4-1 at worst over the next 5. That puts us at 7-6 in ACC play, but no reason we can't win all 5.

Hard to be mad at the effort. Coleman picked it up in the 2nd half on defense, and Mike/Mali single handily kept us in.

It will really be a travesty if this team doesn't make the Tournament.

Gonna hurt like hell if our bubble gets popped. This team is good, not great. Sweet 16 capable without a doubt.

4 in a row at home, and then at BC. No reason we can't make a run. If we're 18-8(8-5) we will be in very good shape.

Let's be honest, we stayed in that game with unlikely 3 pt chucking. There was almost ZERO inside game. I'm afraid UVa would beat us 8 out of 10 times, home or away, because of our offensive imbalance.
Good point but that's cause we have some play makers and guys who are capable of doing that. This team is talented in the back court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom