Virginia Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

I'm still shocked Mike Hopkins managed to lose every big game. Boeheim wins 2 of those at least

I would agree by just watching the games Hop coached, but JB was on the sidelines during Wisconsin and against the dud teams we looked weak against. I just don't know at this point.

We Are Syracuse said:
Yup. Hopkins was awful. No other way to put it. The second JB came back the team looks night and day better. JB is a HOFer for a reason. This season has made it even more imminent. This team is NOT bad. That's what's frustrating. They should be a tourney team. That stretch just KILLED them.

No reason then SU shouldn't win the next 5 games. If not, JB isn't doing his job.

We'd be 18-8.

It will really be a travesty if this team doesn't make the Tournament.

Gonna hurt like hell if our bubble gets popped. This team is good, not great. Sweet 16 capable without a doubt.
If they don't make the NCAA tourney it will be because of the SJU and Wiscy losses, not anything that happened in the ACC.

Still need to find a way to win 7 more games. Next 5 is the quickest way to start.

Let's be honest, we stayed in that game with unlikely 3 pt chucking. There was almost ZERO inside game. I'm afraid UVa would beat us 8 out of 10 times, home or away, because of our offensive imbalance.
we were 21-54, 39% from 2 pt range and 13-30, 43% from 3.
The number of misses we have with our inside shooting and putbacks it incredibly frustrating.

Yup. Hopkins was awful. No other way to put it. The second JB came back the team looks night and day better. JB is a HOFer for a reason. This season has made it even more imminent. This team is NOT bad. That's what's frustrating. They should be a tourney team. That stretch just KILLED them.

my UConn neighbor was ragging on Hop's coaching today

just wonderful :rolleyes:

My only thing is I feel Coleman should've been in down the stretch. He's not particularly good on D...but Lydon just gets abused. And Lydon isn't doing anything on offense to offset it.

my UConn neighbor was ragging on Hop's coaching today

just wonderful :rolleyes:

We beat them. That's all those dorks need to worry about as far as Syracuse is concerned.

My only thing is I feel Coleman should've been in down the stretch. He's not particularly good on D...but Lydon just gets abused. And Lydon isn't doing anything on offense to offset it.

The old Hitler vs Stalin argument. Both are awful down there.

It will really be a travesty if this team doesn't make the Tournament.

Gonna hurt like hell if our bubble gets popped. This team is good, not great. Sweet 16 capable without a doubt.
Agreed. Last year it was obvious we woulda got bounced round 1 even if we somehow made it in.

This team has the capability to get hot from 3 -- add that against a team (or 2) who hasn't seen the zone, no reason we can't make it to the second weekend.

With JB on the bench we lost to a solid Wiscy team (in a game we should have won), UNC, and @UVA. The sad fact is if it wasn't for the suspension we very well might be ranked and on the 5 or so seed line.

Lydon's gotta get back the confidence he had in Atlantis.
He's too much in his own head now

We beat them. That's all those dorks need to worry about as far as Syracuse is concerned.

true, but I could also be happy for the GTown win

we mostly talked about Tate George

Agreed. Last year it was obvious we woulda got bounced round 1 even if we somehow made it in.

This team has the capability to get hot from 3 -- add that against a team (or 2) who hasn't seen the zone, no reason we can't make it to the second weekend.

With JB on the bench we lost to a solid Wiscy team (in a game we should have won), UNC, and @UVA. The sad fact is if it wasn't for the suspension we very well might be ranked and on the 5 or so seed line.
What also hurt wasn't just Hop getting his V-card punched but the fact we had no warning. No ability to prepare. Nothing. Just so messed up. Everything about how that went down.

GT and VT always play Syracuse tough. ND always shoots the hell outta it. These next five are crucial but it will be very challenging to get all five. If they do, I think they'll be in good shape but I don't see that happening. I see 3-2 or 4-1

Lydon isn't scoring (or even shooting), but when he's out there setting the screens, they almost always keep a man with him. If DC is setting those screens, they double the ball handler before going back to DC. Lydon's presence gives the guards more room.

I wouldn't go that far. JB's a big factor but he's not out there playing defense in the low post.

GT and VT always play Syracuse tough. ND always shoots the hell outta it. These next five are crucial but it will be very challenging to get all five. If they do, I think they'll be in good shape but I don't see that happening. I see 3-2 or 4-1
Colson is a load for ND, DC will have to stay out of foul trouble; with that said, if Jackson is out for ND, I like our chances. GT and VT are much different teams at home.

If we go 3-2 we're in trouble, that would put us at 6-7 with @Ville, Pitt, @UNC, NC State all left. If we go 5-0, we probably get in the dance with 1 or 2 more wins, then a win in the ACC tourney.

I wouldn't go that far. JB's a big factor but he's not out there playing defense in the low post.
You're right, but I can't help but think the game planning would have been better. I think we for sure win the Clemson game. The St. John's game is just a huge aberration and debacle, they haven't even won since then.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but this team has played SO much better since JB has been back. I feel comfortable saying we beat Clemson, Georgetown and 1 of Miami/Pitt if JB was there.

You're right, but I can't help but think the game planning would have been better. I think we for sure win the Clemson game. The St. John's game is just a huge aberration and debacle, they haven't even won since then.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but this team has played SO much better since JB has been back. I feel comfortable saying we beat Clemson, Georgetown and 1 of Miami/Pitt if JB was there.
The zone is a thousand times better under Boeheim. If you don't see that then I don't even know what to tell you. They win the St. John's and Clemson game. Maybe Pitt or Miami.

Even though they shot well and exploited our interior, I thought it was a good game. Really, both teams made shots. We had our chances to go ahead and any momentum we had got sucked out on the last jump ball call, followed by Perrentes' 3 ball. Personally I thought it could have been called over the back.

The St. John's game is just a huge aberration and debacle, they haven't even won since then.
St John's just seemed to be at another level for that game against us.

jdubs30 said:
You're right, but I can't help but think the game planning would have been better. I think we for sure win the Clemson game. The St. John's game is just a huge aberration and debacle, they haven't even won since then. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but this team has played SO much better since JB has been back. I feel comfortable saying we beat Clemson, Georgetown and 1 of Miami/Pitt if JB was there.

JB makes a difference but we're not even in the game tonight if we don't shoot well from 3. Nothing to do with JB.

The zone is a thousand times better under Boeheim. If you don't see that then I don't even know what to tell you. They win the St. John's and Clemson game. Maybe Pitt or Miami.

Virginia shot 57% from the field, 44% from three. No, the zone did not look better today and it won't as long as Lydon or DC are playing the 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom