Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

A buddy and I will be coming in from Richmond. How do we join the tailgate? We'll be bringing Richmond area craft brews.
Just go to Syracusetailgates.com click on the UVA blue tab and order tickets. Bring receipts for reimbursement.
Great to have you.

TexanMark and I will finalize the main menu while we watch our guys destroy the South Florida Bulls.

In the meantime, please let me know what you intend to bring to the tailgate. (Large purchases will be reimbursed.)

View attachment 52182
Crusty
Linda and I will bring the following:

Canopy w/ weights
Coleman Roadtrip Grill w/propane and cooking utensils
4 foot table
Cooler, ice, beer
Box Wine, Chillable Red
Condiment assortment, 2 ketchup, mustard, pickle relish
Napkins, Paper towels
Aluminum foil squares to wrap hotdogs
garbage bags
2 appitizers
Linda wants to grill.

downstate will be bringing garbage bags, wet naps, paper plates, plastic utensils and plastic cups

I will post an update tomorrow with a menu and needs as well as current headcount.

Crusty- I bought 8 tailgate tickets this AM and printed a receipt. Am I supposed to have tailgate tickets to print out? Looking forward to a great time. I'll look for the list of still needed items tomorrow.

Florange44

Crusty- I bought 8 tailgate tickets this AM and printed a receipt. Am I supposed to have tailgate tickets to print out? Looking forward to a great time. I'll look for the list of still needed items tomorrow.

Florange44

Crusty- never mind, found them in my junk mail. I've got them printed out.
Florange44

Yeah, Friday would be the only day you could get on. I would host you Sunday but have family coming down for the game. Birdwood will probably be booked. Old Trail is a decent course, about 20 min west, great views of the Blue Ridge Mountains . There is also green hills about 1/2 hour north.

Thanks C'ville. I was able to get Birdwood on Friday and Old Trail on Sunday. I appreciate your help. We'll see you at the tailgate on Saturday.
Florange44

And crusty... Add 3 to me for the tailgate... 5 total and well all be paying for food and beer there. Let me know if there's anything special you need brought from syracuse... Can bring anything except canopy
I don't "add" anybody. The website keeps track syracusetailgates.com. You can buy your tickets there and print them out.

In addition to the list below we will have cooneys.
I think we need one more grill.

UVA Supplies.JPG

Update
At the moment we have 68 fans who have purchased tailgate tickets. We will base our food and beverage plans based on these numbers updated on Thursday.
If you have not signed up please go to syracusetailgates.com and purchase your tailgate tickets.
Thanks)
(I will be traveling today and tomorrow and will not check the site until the evening.)

Update
At the moment we have 68 fans who have purchased tailgate tickets. We will base our food and beverage plans based on these numbers updated on Thursday.
If you have not signed up please go to syracusetailgates.com and purchase your tailgate tickets.
Thanks)
(I will be traveling today and tomorrow and will not check the site until the evening.)

What would be the cutoff date for buying the tailgate tix? Just discovered syracusetailgates thanks to orange_in_VA and shared with those I'll be driving down to meet. Hoping to hear back soon. There could be up to 5 of us. New to the thread as well. How else can we help contribute if we're able to join?

EDIT: Scratch that cutoff question. Just purchased 4. Looking forward to it! Please still let us know however else we're able to contribute, if necessary.

Last edited:
What would be the cutoff date for buying the tailgate tix? Just discovered syracusetailgates thanks to orange_in_VA and shared with those I'll be driving down to meet. Hoping to hear back soon. There could be up to 5 of us. New to the thread as well. How else can we help contribute if we're able to join?

EDIT: Scratch that cutoff question. Just purchased 4. Looking forward to it! Please still let us know however else we're able to contribute, if necessary.

Glad you found everything ok. See ya there!

Crusty-

My crew will bring

Hoffmann dogs
Fried chicken
Desserts
2 coolers
Soda, beer, water

Florange44

I have 2 tickets to the game available (together) if anyone needs them. You can PM me here or meet me at the tailgate. Dirt cheap or free to the right cause.

Florange44

Edit: looks like CUSU is going to take the tickets.

Last edited:
I'm bringing 42 Zweigles pop-open hotdogs Crusty

I bought out what they had at Wegmans. :D

Let me know if I should bring ketchup and mustard or if you think you'll have enough. Thanks.

Counting down the days!

I'm bringing 42 Zweigles pop-open hotdogs Crusty

I bought out what they had at Wegmans. :D

Let me know if I should bring ketchup and mustard or if you think you'll have enough. Thanks.

Counting down the days!

I'm bring with me 2 x Heid's mustards. As you know, though, the containers are on the small side.

Crusty: I bought the Utica Club (Consigliere bringing it), I will also buy more beer on Friday am (sam's Club and Langley AFB) as required. I can buy anything else you need at Sam's Friday morning. I'll call you Thursday.

Any beer leftover can carry forward to Pitt or Louisville

Update
We have 86 signed up for the tailgate as of this moment.
We still need one more grill.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a meeting place for pre-tailgate on Friday evening? A sports bar would be great.

CUSU and I are now making the last minute trip to Virginia this weekend. We are looking at staying in Winchester, VA. Is anyone else staying in Winchester? Is there a group of Cuse fans staying somewhere else along 81 in Northern Virginia?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom