Class of 2014 - Visit List | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Visit List

Ottoble

Starter
With all 25 of our players signing LOI officially 9 of our 25 Committed following visits this January. 9 Previous commits also visited and 3 were enrolled. With 21 of 25 in attendance in those final weeks, these visits really sealed up this class, the best in over a decade! Well done by the football staff and a great assist to the basketball program!

Latest and last update to original Post:

Below is the Visit List for the past couple weekends from different sources I've culled together and results. Alphabetical by last name in each category. Please see Tep624's post for full info on commits.

Otto's Army! Great job giving the visitors in your section a warm welcome and getting them involved in the cheering, I think I even saw them doing spirit fingers during free throws, wow. Lets Go Orange!
PAST VISIT DATE & RESULTS:

January 2014 Enrollees: Present both final visit weekends to interact with recruits:
-Corey Cooper - WR
-AJ Long - QB
-Wayne Williams! - DT - The Ghost of SwaggaCuse Future Appears!

-Weekend of 2/1/14 - Duke Game
Um Wow. I don't think I need to say more Amazing game Amazing win +4 (rumored +5) Commits out of the weekend well done by the staff players and fans! The Loud House lived up to the name this weekend. If this post was a conference call I would sound like a chain smoker my voice is so hoarse. Congrats to all of our new Orange family members can't wait to see you guys on the field!

-Uncommitted Recruits:
Antwuan Cordy -DB - COMMITTED!
Adly Enoicy - TE - COMMITTED!
Jalen Harvey - DT - COMMITTED!
Kayton Samuels - DT - COMMITTED!
Jonathan Thomas - LB - - COMMITTED!
Trumaine Washington -DB - (Louisville) - No room available at SU, likely our staff did the honorable thing for TW told him to grab that offer at Louisville ASAP since he committed while still on campus. Good luck Trumaine, wish we could have had you too.

-Commits:
Jamal Custis - WR - Commit - Conf. via Twitter
Colton Moskal - LB - Commit Moved to this weekend Per TOS
Erv Phillips -RB - Commit
Rodney Williams - S - Commit - Confirmed via Twitter

-Weekend of 1/25/14 - Extensive in homes over the past week with current commits and prospects.

-Weekend of: 1/17/14 - Pittsburgh Game:
Close win raucous crowd for the basketball game and rave reviews coming from all the recruits for the entire on campus visit experience this weekend. Great job by HCSS, GMc, Eric White, the Staff as a whole really and Missy Shafer who sounds like she was a part of the orange family recruiting process this visit. Keep up the good work everyone, we all know the next couple weeks of travel will be tough till the next big visit weekend but we are ALL behind you 100% and appreciate the hard work. ORANGE FAMILY!
Visitors:
-Uncommitted Recruits from 1/17/14 visit:
Juwan Dowels - DB - COMMITTED!

Steve Ishmael - WR - COMMITTED! (friend Alin Edouard)
Treevon Prater - S - COMMITTED!
Zeek Rodney - DT - (Committed to Wake - Close to home)
Denzel Ward - OT - COMMITTED!
Kyron Watson - LB (Reports: Remains committed to Kansas)
-Commits from 1/17/14 visit.
Paris Bennett - LB - Commit
Alin Edouard - QB - Commit
Zaire Franklin - LB - Commit
Naesean Howard - S - Commit

KJ Williams - WR - Commit

Last edited:
Yeah... Holley...not so much :(

Nice job Ottoble. Thanks for putting this together.

2 rumored visitors:
LB Kyron Watson (committed to Kansas)
DB Andre Boggs (committed to or recently decommitted from Buttgers not sure which)

Last edited:
My uneducated commitment prediction:
Steve Ishmael - WR
Treevon Prater - S
Adly Enoicy - TE
DiQuan Lawrence - DB

that's solid.

add Ward somehow and Watson and that's a grand slam

My uneducated commitment prediction:
Steve Ishmael - WR
Treevon Prater - S
Adly Enoicy - TE
DiQuan Lawrence - DB

Like your list but I think I would take Daiquan over Diquan.;)

Nice job Ottoble. Thanks for putting this together.

2 rumored visitors:
LB Kyron Watson (committed to Kansas)
DB Andre Boggs (committed to or recently decommitted from Buttgers not sure which)

No problem, I was looking around for something like this combining public info, rumors and our collective knowledge from sources and twitter, didn't find it so I made it. Do you know the dates rumored for these guys?

No problem, I was looking around for something like this combining public info, rumors and our collective knowledge from sources and twitter, didn't find it so I made it. Do you know the dates rumored for these guys?

Since they are team mates Watson with Prater on 1/17 seems likely.

Tindal and Dowels are out I'm pretty sure. Fully expecting at least 2 commits the weekend of 1/17 though.

From the sounds of it, I think Clark is out too.

Considering we could probably take a full 25 kids now we're pretty light on the visitors and potential kids that we're looking to sign. The optimist in me hopes there are other kids (A listers) out there we are bringing in to visit. There's no way we're going to land everyone from the list of definite visitors above and even if by chance we did we're upwards of 6 short.

From the sounds of it, I think Clark is out too.

I think he is a plan B that doesn't have an offer yet. I wouldn't be surprised for us to take Clark beyond NSD.

Considering we could probably take a full 25 kids now we're pretty light on the visitors and potential kids that we're looking to sign. The optimist in me hopes there are other kids (A listers) out there we are bringing in to visit. There's no way we're going to land everyone from the list of definite visitors above and even if by chance we did we're upwards of 6 short.

I think Whitey's list is a very good guess which leaves a ton of slots open. Let's see what surprise visitors the staff has up their sleeves if any. We got a few solid guys after signing day last year, why not this year too?

Please explain. The number I heard after kinders departure was 23 available schollies and there are 16 commits. If ishmael, prater, rodney and enoicy are in and lawrence is a good bet and we are still a coin flip on ward im not seeing all the extra schollies.

is the 23 openings erroneous or am I missing something as I'm not seeing alot of room left if things go as they are rumored too.

Anyone think there may be D1 transfers in the mix? I agree that there aren't as many visitors as you would expect given the number of scholarships we still have available (assuming we are giving 25).

It may be that there are some unknowns - which would be perfectly fine. But if not, are D1 transfers in the works possibly?

Please explain. The number I heard after kinders departure was 23 available schollies and there are 16 commits. If ishmael, prater, rodney and enoicy are in and lawrence is a good bet and we are still a coin flip on ward im not seeing all the extra schollies.

is the 23 openings erroneous or am I missing something as I'm not seeing alot of room left if things go as they are rumored too.

We currently only have 21 openings. There are 64 players returning, and Shafer isn't expecting anymore transfers/departures.

Yep there has to be some flip candidates we are working on the super low. The visitor lists are really light, i'd expect some more to pop up once the dead period lifts.

Here is my guess on who we get based on what we know right now

Prater
Watson
Rodney
Lawerence
Edoicy
Ishmael

Ward 50/50

We currently only have 21 openings. There are 64 players returning, and Shafer isn't expecting anymore transfers/departures.

there aren't anymore transfers, but i think there is a graduate who is moving on who would have had a space...unless something has changed in the past month

there aren't anymore transfers, but i think there is a graduate who is moving on who would have had a space...unless something has changed in the past month

PTG and Hickey are returning. Flemming and Krautman are returning.

That leaves West, Robinson, and Welsh as the only other potential graduates who could move on. And I'd think we would have heard something by now.

Interesting that we can technically only take 5 then. If I had to guess:
I think for sure we get: Ismael, Rodney and Enoicy

Thomas seems to be ours if Oklahoma doesn't offer.
Prater seems like he would be Orange if we want him and Lawrence may want in as well. If we have our choice do we take Lawrence since he is a bigger CB and may be more versatile?
Ward who knows what he will decide but we could really use an OT like him. We would surely take him over some other if it came down to a choice.

Optimistic thinking but hard to imagine if all wanted to be Cuse we could have to turn any of them down. Do we take 7 of the 8 and figure a couple guys don't qualify?

Optimistic thinking but hard to imagine if all wanted to be Cuse we could have to turn any of them down. Do we take 7 of the 8 and figure a couple guys don't qualify?

There's always someone who doesn't qualify and will need to "prep" for at least a semester. The numbers always work themselves out.

PTG and Hickey are returning. Flemming and Krautman are returning.

That leaves West, Robinson, and Welsh as the only other potential graduates who could move on. And I'd think we would have heard something by now.

I think your right as of now, pretty sure your number is accurate, but unless something has changed in the past month there may be 2 more openings that will come out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom