Class of 2024 - Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23

I was told this wouldn't work. These players combined have more than 100 offers from power 5 schools and many of the "factories".

It's a shame Coach Brown also seems to have "zero understanding of how Syracuse football needs to operate."

I'm glad Coach Brown isn't afraid to at least try.
Hey, I will gladly eat crow when the time comes and I am as upbeat as anyone and wanted Fran hired over the list that was available but he's got a lot of work to do as well outside of just recruiting and staffing because if that were the case A&M would be 12-0 this year and Jimbo would be riding high.

In addition, don't get confused here, THIS IS A HUGE RISK. May work may not and I am good with it but there is a possibility that this could be an unmitigated disaster. Glad Wildhack took the risk but let's just wait and see. When Syracuse loses their first game versus an inferior opponent, can't score points, I am sure the vultures will be swirling or when Fran takes a bad time out or punts from the 50 on 4th and 3.

Hey, I will gladly eat crow when the time comes and I am as upbeat as anyone and wanted Fran hired over the list that was available but he's got a lot of work to do as well outside of just recruiting and staffing because if that were the case A&M would be 12-0 this year and Jimbo would be riding high.

In addition, don't get confused here, THIS IS A HUGE RISK. May work may not and I am good with it but there is a possibility that this could be an unmitigated disaster. Glad Wildhack took the risk but let's just wait and see. When Syracuse loses their first game versus an inferior opponent, can't score points, I am sure the vultures will be swirling or when Fran takes a bad time out or punts from the 50 on 4th and 3.
Stick to horse racing

Stick to horse racing
Gladly but you’ve been around for 5 minutes I’ve been around for 40 years whether Fran succeeds or fails I’ll still be here. My donations to facilities NIL and season tix won’t waiver I highly doubt you can say the same. I’ll still be here regardless.

Easy Johnny come lately and if you think my contributions are peanuts well so be it but they aren’t and even your savior said I can bitch as long as like and continue to donate which I always will. You’re a Fran fan I’m a Syracuse football fan

I support whoever the Syracuse football coach is because I am a fan and will be long after Fran is gone

Last edited:

On top of that this is an extraordinary application of resources focused on recruiting. That wasn’t the case at the time those statements were made, and nobody could have anticipated that SU would go down this path. Instead of a team having one or two high level recruiters, which seems to be SOP at most programs, this approach looks like assembling an A-team of recruiters to build the roster quickly.

I agree that this a risk, like I said the day he was hired this could be a Hindenburg disaster.

So far they are getting high level kids to visit, which is tremendous. To get the immediate return on this radical approach some of these guys need to sign. That is open until it isn’t. Really improving the roster gives them a bigger margin of error.

How they mitigate the experience risk and fill out the staff Is huge. That is a big evaluation point.

I’m all in trying this. The returns could be huge. I’m looking forward to watching the process and revising the roster.

On top of that this is an extraordinary application of resources focused on recruiting. That wasn’t the case at the time those statements were made, and nobody could have anticipated that SU would go down this path. Instead of a team having one or two high level recruiters, which seems to be SOP at most programs, this approach looks like assembling an A-team of recruiters to build the roster quickly.

I agree that this a risk, like I said the day he was hired this could be a Hindenburg disaster.

So far they are getting high level kids to visit, which is tremendous. To get the immediate return on this radical approach some of these guys need to sign. That is open until it isn’t. Really improving the roster gives them a bigger margin of error.

How they mitigate the experience risk and fill out the staff Is huge. That is a big evaluation point.

I’m all in trying this. The returns could be huge. I’m looking forward to watching the process and revising the roster.
R.e0e21207e614ee463429a95fb6fab97f

LOL. I'm certainly not confused and recognize the risk associated with this hire. And, I agree, the risk is huge. But I also believe in order "to fix SU Football" risks need to be taken. A risk adverse approach to the HC selection or recruiting also comes with a very low chance of fixing anything.

As $upporters who recognize the risks and challenges in front of the program, I also believe it is our job to support the program in any way possible to offset some of those risks and challenges. How? Well, that is up to the individual supporter. There are multiple NIL collectives to $upport. One can always $upport facility improvements. Go buy a ticket and $upport the team in the Loud House. And if you're not local or cannot get to a game, watch the team on tv or online and cheer loudly and proudly.

As for the vultures out there, and there are many, I choose to ignore them as much as possible and focus on The Men In The Arena. I hope we continue to dare greatly.

Go Orange!

Last edited:
LOL. I'm certainly not confused and recognize the risk associated with this hire. And, I agree, the risk is huge. But I also believe in order "to fix SU Football" risks need to be taken. A risk adverse approach to the HC selection or recruiting also come with a very low chance of fixing anything.

As $upporters who recognize the risks and challenges in front of the program, I also believe it is our job to support the program in any way possible to offset some of those risks and challenges. How? Well, that is up to the individual supporter. There are multiple NIL collectives to $upport. One can always $upport facility improvements. Go buy a ticket and $upport the team in the Loud House. And if you're not local or cannot get to a game, watch the team on tv or online and cheer loudly and proudly.

As for the vultures out there, and there are many, I choose to ignore them as much as possible and focus on The Men In The Arena. I hope we continue to dare greatly.

Go Orange!
Good post, agree 100%

Whatever it is, it's gotta be better than taking the kids to Dave and Busters.

A buddy of mine was telling me how Georgia had a tried and tested OV plan that helped recruits (and their families) learn about the school, history, and campus together. The man knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's already working with our holdovers to develop this.
That would be such an improvement. I always felt a sense of embarrassment with the whole D&B thing and always thought to myself there has to be something better to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom