Wait, so PSU could get into the playoffs? | Syracusefan.com

Wait, so PSU could get into the playoffs?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
If they beat Wisconsin.

Is this incorrect?

Are you kidding me?

Edit: mods it's been a real rough day, please switch this to the football board for me.

If they beat Wisconsin.

Is this incorrect?

Are you kidding me?

Edit: mods it's been a real rough day, please switch this to the football board for me.
Yes! Big ten champ + OSU win

Yes! Big ten champ + OSU win
giphy.gif

If Clemson beats VT, and if Washington beats Colorado convincingly, I think the B1G champ will be left out of the playoffs. The B1G won't be left out, just their champ.

Too many factors to try to figure it all out and at the end of the day, I think they'll just go with the least losses.

You can thank Pitt.

They aren't getting in, even if they do win the big ten, Washington and Michigan would both go ahead of the. Penn st has one good win all year, it was a fluke.

If Clemson beats VT, and if Washington beats Colorado convincingly, I think the B1G champ will be left out of the playoffs. The B1G won't be left out, just their champ.

Too many factors to try to figure it all out and at the end of the day, I think they'll just go with the least losses.

You can thank Pitt.

Ohio st won at Oklahoma, Wisconsin, beat Nebraska, Michigan, that trumps Ped states 3 point win on a blocked fg.

If Penn state beats #6 Wisconsin they should be ahead of Ohio State.
Alabama is in.
Clemson and Washington should be in with wins.
Ohio State looked average yesterday and won't be a conference champion.
Ohio State jumped TCU 2 years ago because of the conference title and extra game.
If the committee isn't consistent this year with conference titles then it should just be renamed the committee for Ohio State.

Alabama is in.
Ohio State jumped TCU 2 years ago because of the conference title and extra game.
If the committee isn't consistent this year with conference titles then it should just be renamed the committee for Ohio State.

Penn St doesn't have the wins that Ohio St does.

Penn St doesn't have the wins that Ohio St does.
They beat Oklahoma and Michigan
Penn State would have Temple, Ohio State.
Both would have wins over Wisconsin and Ohio State would have Nebraska while Penn State would have a win over Minnesota.
So the win over Ohio State should equal the win over Michigan.
Temple isn't as good as Oklahoma but they are playing for American title against Navy and would be ranked by beating them.
The conference title should be the tiebreaker in Pennsylvania State's favor or then the committee screwed TCU 2 years ago.

I think ohio state is getting in regardless of not being conference champion.
i think Alabama is a lock even if they lost to florida in sec championship
Clemson is in with a win.

Last spot for me comes down to Washington and Penn State

If both of those 2 lose on championship Saturday id probably slide Michigan back in to the 4 slot. If Washington wins there game i give them the edge for 4th slot

Alabama is in.

I would love watching Alabama beat Penn State by 4 TD's. And I'm starting to think Penn State should be in if they beat Wisconsin. They beat OSU head to head. That has to mean something.

Clemson and Washington would be a fun game.

I don't think it's entirely unrealistic that Ohio State gets left out. Small sample size...but in the two years of the playoff, all 8 teams have won their conference championship.

I believe Bama, Clemson, and Washington are all in with conference champ game W's...do you leave out the Big 10 champ to include a Big 10 team that didn't even win their division?

I think we could beat Penn State in the Dome with a totally healthy roster 3 or 4 out of 10 times.

Ohio State on the other hand would blow our doors off anywhere.

The committee guidelines specifically state
1. Conference champion
2. Head to head

Penn st. would have BOTH of those over Ohio st with a B1G title. The decision will be between Ohio st and Washington. Penn st unfortunately is a LOCK with a win Saturday. Look at committee history.

I think we could beat Penn State in the Dome with a totally healthy roster 3 or 4 out of 10 times.

Ohio State on the other hand would blow our doors off anywhere.
Yeah I would agree with you if Penn state makes it you could give me 30 points and I would still take Alabama.

Bama would be getting a bye if they played Penn State.

The committee guidelines specifically state
1. Conference champion
2. Head to head

Penn st. would have BOTH of those over Ohio st with a B1G title. The decision will be between Ohio st and Washington. Penn st unfortunately is a LOCK with a win Saturday. Look at committee history.

should get some kind of tell this week.

it will be bama,ohio state,clemson,washington,michigan,penn state,wisconsin

Alabama is in.

No they shouldn't, Osu has one less loss and 3 more wins over ranked teams. Just because they beat them at home by 3, doesn't mean they should be ahead of them.

Yeah I would agree with you if Penn state makes it you could give me 30 points and I would still take Alabama.

Bama would be getting a bye if they played Penn State.

If the committee leaves Osu out with their resume , they should all be fired, and I hate Osu

No they shouldn't, Osu has one less loss and 3 more wins over ranked teams. Just because they beat them at home by 3, doesn't mean they should be ahead of them.
The committe's own public guidelines they put out disagree with this assumption

Ohio State has wins over Michigan, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska.
Penn State has wins over Ohio State, Temple, Minnesota.
If Penn State beats Wisconsin. The difference between the two teams is Ohio State won at Oklahoma and Penn State beat Temple at home.
Penn State would have the same amount of wins, a conference title and head to head over Ohio State if that doesn't get them ahead of Ohio State the committee's protocol is pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom