Wait, so PSU could get into the playoffs? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wait, so PSU could get into the playoffs?

Ohio State has wins over Michigan, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska.
Penn State has wins over Ohio State, Temple, Minnesota.
If Penn State beats Wisconsin. The difference between the two teams is Ohio State won at Oklahoma and Penn State beat Temple at home.
Penn State would have the same amount of wins, a conference title and head to head over Ohio State if that doesn't get them ahead of Ohio State the committee's protocol is pointless.
What is the first tie breaker in any sport or league you have ever played in?

If the committee leaves Osu out with their resume , they should all be fired, and I hate Osu
Brian, I just asked Alsacs the same question I will ask you. What is the first tie breaker in any sport or any league you have played in?

What is the first tie breaker in any sport or league you have ever played in?
Head to head. Which favors Penn State.
For the record I am not rooting for Penn State but they should be ahead of Ohio State if they beat Wisconsin.

Those unprecedented crippling sanctions and fines destroyed PSU football.

It took them a whopping 5 years to recover to national prominence.

Bravo NCAA and Pennsyltucky authorities.

Oh Lord

Brian, I just asked Alsacs the same question I will ask you. What is the first tie breaker in any sport or any league you have played in?

The criteria for the committee is best 4 teams, not best 4 teams that won their league. If you don't think Osu is one of the 4 best teams, you don't know football. Head to head is fine when all things are even, they are not. Ohio st is a game ahead of them, with a much better resume. Do you think Penn st is a better team than Osu?

Ohio State has wins over Michigan, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska.
Penn State has wins over Ohio State, Temple, Minnesota.
If Penn State beats Wisconsin. The difference between the two teams is Ohio State won at Oklahoma and Penn State beat Temple at home.
Penn State would have the same amount of wins, a conference title and head to head over Ohio State if that doesn't get them ahead of Ohio State the committee's protocol is pointless.

Its about getting the 4 best teams, Osu is the 2nd best team in college football, I don't care what happens next week.

The criteria for the committee is best 4 teams, not best 4 teams that won their league. If you don't think Osu is one of the 4 best teams, you don't know football. Head to head is fine when all things are even, they are not. Ohio st is a game ahead of them, with a much better resume. Do you think Penn st is a better team than Osu?
The criteria is 4 best teams with guidelines that they decided on. #1 and #2 favor penn st. over Ohio st. I believe both Ohio and Penn st would both get in with Washington unfortunately being left out. Hope I'm wrong

Well, one team would be the Champion of that league. They would also have a win head to head over that team. The team that was champ., they would have played an extra game. A high pressure game at that. I really don't care who they take, but to me, if you win your league, and you beat a team head to head, and they get in ahead of you, that wouldn't be right. Anything else would just be spin. Who was better seemed to be determined on the football field. Oh, and I hate Penn state.

Its about getting the 4 best teams, Osu is the 2nd best team in college football, I don't care what happens next week.
Whether you care or not, it is still conceivable OSU could be left out. Chances are small, but they're not 0.

TCU was 3rd 2 years ago and beat Kansas 62-0. They fell from 3rd to 6th in the last rankings. Why? because Ohio State won a conference title game.

The committee thought TCU was 3rd the week before Championship and they did nothing but dominate. However, Baylor beat them head to head and the Horned Frogs fell 4 spots.

If Penn State isn't above Ohio State if they win this week the committee should never talk abotu conference titles again.

TCU was 3rd 2 years ago and beat Kansas 62-0. They fell from 3rd to 6th in the last rankings. Why? because Ohio State won a conference title game.

The committee thought TCU was 3rd the week before Championship and they did nothing but dominate. However, Baylor beat them head to head and the Horned Frogs fell 4 spots.

If Penn State isn't above Ohio State if they win this week the committee should never talk abotu conference titles again.

Tcu's resume wasn't even close to what Osu's is.

Whether you care or not, it is still conceivable OSU could be left out. Chances are small, but they're not 0.

If they do I am boycotting college football for a while, and this is coming from an Osu hater.

Well, one team would be the Champion of that league. They would also have a win head to head over that team. The team that was champ., they would have played an extra game. A high pressure game at that. I really don't care who they take, but to me, if you win your league, and you beat a team head to head, and they get in ahead of you, that wouldn't be right. Anything else would just be spin. Who was better seemed to be determined on the football field. Oh, and I hate Penn state.

The better team doesn't always win, did you come away from that game saying, man Penn st is a better football team?

If Ohio State gets left out it would be good for the ACC. As it would tell Notre Dame that conference titles matter a lot if you lose a game.

They beat Oklahoma and Michigan
Penn State would have Temple, Ohio State.
Both would have wins over Wisconsin and Ohio State would have Nebraska while Penn State would have a win over Minnesota.
So the win over Ohio State should equal the win over Michigan.
Temple isn't as good as Oklahoma but they are playing for American title against Navy and would be ranked by beating them.
The conference title should be the tiebreaker in Pennsylvania State's favor or then the committee screwed TCU 2 years ago.

Yeah, not buying the Temple = Oklahoma comp. Nebraska has been rated higher by the committee than Minnesota too.

Maybe TCU fell because they only beat a Weis coached team by 62...

Yeah, not buying the Temple = Oklahoma comp. Nebraska has been rated higher by the committee than Minnesota too.

Osu whipped Ou in Norman. Psu barely got by Min in Ot, while Osu beat Neb by 59.

Am I the only one who thinks Mich still gets in the playoff? They looked like the better team against OSU and got screwed by the refs on that 1st down call. They beat the B10 Champ (either Wisc or PSU). If the committee's main objective is to pick the 4 best teams, I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan is included. I think Udub is going to get screwed.

Am I the only one who thinks Mich still gets in the playoff? They looked like the better team against OSU and got screwed by the refs on that 1st down call. They beat the B10 Champ (either Wisc or PSU). If the committee's main objective is to pick the 4 best teams, I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan is included. I think Udub is going to get screwed.

I don't think they will get in, but I would put them next in if someone loses.

F Penn State. Disgusted me yesterday listening to the drivel about how great this is for the players and fans who endured so much hardship the last four years. I guess fostering an environment that suborns P e d o p h I l I aand living in a state of blind denial is tantamount to being raped by a monster and told Penn State football is more important than your life.

F Penn State. Disgusted me yesterday listening to the drivel about how great this is for the players and fans who endured so much hardship the last four years. I guess fostering an environment that suborns P e d o p h I l I aand living in a state of blind denial is tantamount to being raped by a monster and told Penn State football is more important than your life.

I don't blame the current players, they had nothing to do with it, but for all those blind people in Happy Valley, I hope they suffer, and for Franklin to come out and call his program the victims is a disgrace.

As much as I hate to see it, if PSU wins they are in the playoff. There is no way they will leave out a team that won their division and the Big 10 Title game out of the playoff. Not happening.

It means that Washington or Clemson will get screwed because Ohio St is going too (for TV ratings purposes) so you will have TWO Big 10 teams in the playoff, but if PSU wins they are in.

I prefer Ped State to get in, so I can them watch them get crushed by Bama by 40. That would be pretty epic.

But in all seriousness I am loving this scenario of what if's right now. And I'm certain the committee does not.

Osu whipped Ou in Norman. Psu barely got by Min in Ot, while Osu beat Neb by 59.

The proper "comparison" is not Nebraska to Minnesota, who really beat no one all year, but rather Nebraska to Iowa.

Iowa and Nebraska finished with identical conference records, and Iowa crushed Nebraska this past weekend. Not to mention their win over Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom