Waiting for Flying clearance | Syracusefan.com

Waiting for Flying clearance

20Plus

Via Twitter

Syracuse hoops, which faces UVa at 7 tonight, still waiting for Cville airport to clear. Hoping to fly in early afternoon.

The bigger question down there is can you get from the Airport to the Arena? Clearing the airport is relatively easy in comparison to clearing the airport.

Flying in today is not great, but these are still college kids. Mississippi st or whoever won twice in one day about ten years ago to lock up an automatic bid (and probably knock us out fwiw). It won't be as bad as we think it is.

On the plus side, this may help keep attendance down. If it does, this may be a trade worth making.

Flying in today is not great, but these are still college kids. Mississippi st or whoever won twice in one day about ten years ago to lock up an automatic bid (and probably knock us out fwiw). It won't be as bad as we think it is.

On the plus side, this may help keep attendance down. If it does, this may be a trade worth making.

This is what I'm hoping for; guess we'll find out at 7.

I don't know what everyone's problem is. An 1 1/2 hr. flight getting there 4-5 hours before game time is not a hardship.

I just wonder what effect it will have on the player's pre-game rituals. Hopefully none and everyone will be able to eat what they need and get all the shoot-around they need before the game. And I only wonder that because I have an oldie but goodie league game tonight myself and I'm already thinking about when I will eat so it won't impact my game.

I don't know what everyone's problem is. An 1 1/2 hr. flight getting there 4-5 hours before game time is not a hardship.
Hopefully. Is it optimal getting up early for a flight following a Saturday night - probably not. Would we ever choose to do? Never. LGO

The bigger question down there is can you get from the Airport to the Arena? Clearing the airport is relatively easy in comparison to clearing the airport.
There's one road from the airport to 29 and one more from 29 to the JPJ parking lots. There is one stretch that has Jersey barriers due to construction that won't let them shove the snow to the side, otherwise I would hope that they could clear 29 pretty easily.

Hopefully. Is it optimal getting up early for a flight following a Saturday night - probably not. Would we ever choose to do? Never. LGO

Might be better than sitting in a hotel for 3 days. At least staying in Syracuse they had access to the Melo Center and were able to work out Friday and yesterday if they so chose. Doesn't sound like that option would have been available in Charlottesville.

Might be better than sitting in a hotel for 3 days. At least staying in Syracuse they had access to the Melo Center and were able to work out Friday and yesterday if they so chose. Doesn't sound like that option would have been available in Charlottesville.

As a seasoned road warrior, one thing that I just thought of is that I never slept well the first night in a hotel. Maybe being at home getting a decent night's sleep will help the boys today.

I just wonder what effect it will have on the player's pre-game rituals. Hopefully none and everyone will be able to eat what they need and get all the shoot-around they need before the game. And I only wonder that because I have an oldie but goodie league game tonight myself and I'm already thinking about when I will eat so it won't impact my game.
There's never a bad time for beans and beer. A time honored way to discourage any defender from playing too close.

There's never a bad time for beans and beer. A time honored way to discourage any defender from playing too close.

You might be onto something. I was thinking about having the leftover chicken chili I made the other night. That should have the same effect.

realorange said:
I don't know what everyone's problem is. An 1 1/2 hr. flight getting there 4-5 hours before game time is not a hardship. Edit 6-7 hours before game time.

1 1/2 hour flight but more like a 4 hour or more trip from the Melo center to the hotel. Then something to eat and maybe a nap. Definitely a hectic afternoon. Will definitely have an impact.

I doubt it has an impact much. Once they get to the arena, they play the game. They'll have plenty of food, plenty of time to relax.