Wake is winnable | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake is winnable

Doesn't look good for the last two

PITT really struggled last night vs Marshall's hurry up spread...game was winnable for Marshall (last second pick six).

Of course, I don't expect to stop Pitt either. Have to hope Nardizzi tried to run for 400.

So is Syracuse.
To me , the win at UCONN was more based on the Huskies being stupid . I don't know how a guy like Diaco has that play in that ended in a pick 6 . He should of thrown a hitch and go out to midfield . What kind of defensive coach throws a short horizontal pass inside their own 10 in a tie game at home at the end of the 3rd quarter . Clawson won't make dumb calls like that .

PITT really struggled last night vs Marshall's hurry up spread...game was winnable for Marshall (last second pick six).

Of course, I don't expect to stop Pitt either. Have to hope Nardizzi tried to run for 400.
I think if we can start games with a stop or two we'll be fine.

If I'm an opposing coach, I'd take the ball against us.

To me , the win at UCONN was more based on the Huskies being stupid . I don't know how a guy like Diaco has that play in that ended in a pick 6 . He should of thrown a hitch and go out to midfield . What kind of defensive coach throws a short horizontal pass inside their own 10 in a tie game at home at the end of the 3rd quarter . Clawson won't make dumb calls like that .
The last time I saw something with that many reaches, Aaron Craft was involved.

The last time I saw something with that many reaches, Aaron Craft was involved.
Well , I don't know what in my sentence was a reach , in fact that was exactly what the play was . The field position/meathead bible would say you never run that play in those set of circumstances . Long pass or draw and if not successful , punt the ball .

What the hell is your deal?
I don't have a deal . I'm trying to analyze the actual status of things. Although , one deal I could have is that before the season started I said don't build up expectations because we are going to be starting over for which I attacked and spoofed . What do you want me to tell you now , SU is going to have an easy win at Wake .

I don't have a deal . I'm trying to analyze the actual status of things. Although , one deal I could have is that before the season started I said don't build up expectations because we are going to be starting over for which I attacked and spoofed . What do you want me to tell you now , SU is going to have an easy win at Wake .
Many people on this board are realistic about things. People think we can beat Wake because Indiana was a turnover machine against them and Duke is all over the place with their true Frosh QB. You're saying Wake is better than UCONN. That could be. But you're also reacting like you're the only sane one in this mental institution and no one else sees it.

Many people on this board are realistic about things. People think we can beat Wake because Indiana was a turnover machine against them and Duke is all over the place with their true Frosh QB. You're saying Wake is better than UCONN. That could be. But you're also reacting like you're the only sane one in this mental institution and no one else sees it.
I think that Clawson is considerably ahead of Diaco as a coach at this time . I think WF recruiting is a level better than UCONN . It looks like a tight game for SU . I have to say though , internet boards of any kind are not places of sanity .

Hinton, who beat out Wofford for the starting QB position, was out for State and it is questionable for Saturday. Cade Carney, their RB who was their main scorer their first few games,was also out for State and is questionable for Saturday.

I think that Clawson is considerably ahead of Diaco as a coach at this time . I think WF recruiting is a level better than UCONN . It looks like a tight game for SU . I have to say though , internet boards of any kind are not places of sanity .
I wish I could find the article, there was one a few years ago that discussed the attrition at Wake from injuries, transfers and kids that just are no longer on the team. It stated that there was basically no one from two recruiting classes left on the team and it would take maybe four recruiting classes for them to get back to where they need be. So yes Clawson definitely needs to recruit better than Diaco.

I wish I could find the article, there was one a few years ago that discussed the attrition at Wake from injuries, transfers and kids that just are no longer on the team. It stated that there was basically no one from two recruiting classes left on the team and it would take maybe four recruiting classes for them to get back to where they need be. So yes Clawson definitely needs to recruit better than Diaco.
I'm assuming those recruiting classes were the last 2 before he took over . That is what happens , and it is going to happen at SU as well . That is why in the 3rd year of a rebuild , there isn't the kind of depth you need to be good unless your very lucky with injuries .

I'm assuming those recruiting classes were the last 2 before he took over . That is what happens , and it is going to happen at SU as well . That is why in the 3rd year of a rebuild , there isn't the kind of depth you need to be good unless your very lucky with injuries .
Well you know what they say about assuming things.

I would't have to make assumptions if you had posted a link to the article you alluded to .
Sorry I can't as it is an insider article from an ACC paysite.

To you it doesn't matter what we do when we win, it's always what the other team does. See Colgate and UCONN.. When we beat Wake this week it will be that Wake did something wrong instead of us being the better team.

Sorry I can't as it is an insider article from an ACC paysite.
I looked at their roster and counted 18 RS JR's , SR's and RS SR's . That is all that is left from 3 classes , which is as I assumed .

To you it doesn't matter what we do when we win, it's always what the other team does. See Colgate and UCONN.. When we beat Wake this week it will be that Wake did something wrong instead of us being the better team.
Wake is a good team , if Cuse beats them , they get some props .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom