Wake May Be at the Top of the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake May Be at the Top of the ACC

Some will laugh at me. But I’ve had a prophetic moment

FSU is an absolute train wreck yet again this year. That Hail Mary last week crushed their soul.

There was hope because they gave ND all they could handle. Maybe ND ain't all that...

Prime time will be in Tallahassee.
The desire for that very well could explain why some FSU players seem to float between looking more than promising to seeming totally lost.

Many players who looked very good in the near upset of ND looked listless or brain dead or just plain uninterested at key moments against Jacksonville State and/or Wake.

Destroying your own neighborhood to force people to give you what you want most right now has a very long history, and it is at the heart of all revolutionary theory. It may be that when players saw Jimbo allowing the program to start to slide toward lack of discipline mediocrity while he pursued more money, they began deciding to act in a similar fashion to get what they want and think they need. Thus to do greed and revolution join hands and create nightmares for decent, honest, hard-working folks.

The average FSU booster will not want to face any of it realistically and honestly and so most likely will conclude that the only answer is to have SEC money.

And you can bet your last dome that almost none of the participants will ever acknowledge seeing any of the most pertinent truths that once again have been revealed: that great talent lacking good attitude and proper focus on TEAM is wasted, while old fashioned coaches focused on fundamentals and TEAM discipline always achieve at least a bit more than the talent at their disposal suggests can be achieved.

I think this says more about the ACC’s quality than it does about WF

Yep. You had a nice post a couple of days ago illustrating (by team) the general suckiness of the ACC this year. That was reinforced yesterday in the conference. It may be a year when mediocrity can beat sucky. The lousier the conference this year the worse the ACC’s negotiating position with Comcast is but the better chance SU has to pull some rabbits out of the hat.

I can see us losing a Rutgers-like game at FSU where each team is seemingly trying to make more costly mistakes than the other. Unless they lay down and play dead by that point.
I can see us winning such a game. Go SU!