Was it a late hit on 2? | Syracusefan.com

Was it a late hit on 2?

It was both. Silly for Max to do but it was a flop.
So its what I saw

Im not surprised then

God I hate those plays. We all know Marlowe knows better and wouldnt. But thats when I got the feeling today wasnt our day.

Id hate to be the tarheels against us now.

Go Orange

Have yet to do a rewatch, but someone said wax was on the motion of high fiving our guy. Klubnick got it the way and flopped

Did wax hit him late?

Saw it in front of me at the dome, looked like a classic flop bs, but someone give it to me straight please.
The way I look at these calls is what would we be doing if it happened to our punter. We’d be screaming for the penalty so I’m ok with the call on the filed. I see both sides as has been discussed above.

Wax can’t even give the refs a sniff of a reason to throw the flag. And he did. It was a dumb play.

On the first drive, Shrader took off for a 19-yard dash, but was hit hard and lost the ball. It was recovered by Clemson’s Payton Page at the Tigers’ 45-yard line. Clemson was initially called for a targeting penalty on the hit but after a review it was overturned.

“I just saw it clean,” Swinney said. “And it looked worse than it was because (Shrader) didn’t see him coming. He’s not a defenseless player. He’s running the ball and he’s not sliding. He’s not a guy that slides. He’s a punishing runner. I know it looked worse than it was, but I thought it was a clean hit from the get-go.”

and a chest bump gets you 15 and a first.

So its what I saw

Im not surprised then

God I hate those plays. We all know Marlowe knows better and wouldnt. But thats when I got the feeling today wasnt our day.

Id hate to be the tarheels against us now.

Go Orange
It was a flop but the call should have been taunting on Wax. Our smartest player did something really dumb

Flop of all flops. Give the man an Academy Award...Still was stupid. But watching the Georgia game, and saw this type of stuff with no flags...
Speaking of which, I turned that game in late. It was 3rd or 4th quarter and they showed the penalty totals and they were stunningly low when compared w acc and pac 12 games that throw flags all over the field. Today reiterated the fact that the coaches need to tell the players the refs in this league will not give you any breaks so don't even give them the opportunity to call bs on you.

That throw away was as “throw away” as it gets, I couldn’t believe any player would even come close to touching him.

Absolutely a sell job and rightfully so! As a Bills fan, I’ve seen Josh Allen do these a lot on the sidelines. Why wouldn’t you?

DONT TOUCH HIM!

On the first drive, Shrader took off for a 19-yard dash, but was hit hard and lost the ball. It was recovered by Clemson’s Payton Page at the Tigers’ 45-yard line. Clemson was initially called for a targeting penalty on the hit but after a review it was overturned.

“I just saw it clean,” Swinney said. “And it looked worse than it was because (Shrader) didn’t see him coming. He’s not a defenseless player. He’s running the ball and he’s not sliding. He’s not a guy that slides. He’s a punishing runner. I know it looked worse than it was, but I thought it was a clean hit from the get-go.”

and a chest bump gets you 15 and a first.
/Scott Shafer Dabo gif here

Silly call, maybe ok given the letter of the law, but given the ridiculous flop, why not simply issue a warning? Is that allowed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom