Was that our biggest comeback ever? | Syracusefan.com

Was that our biggest comeback ever?

In 2006 vs. Wichita State we were down 20, but DNic missed a breakaway layup to take the lead at the end.

First game after the natty in 2003-04, we almost came back from down 24 vs. UNC-Charlotte.

But yeah I'm not aware of a comeback bigger than this (24) in at least the Dome era.

In the post game Matt Park said it was based on “his archives”, or something, but noted it wasn’t very scientific.

So I have no idea, is what I’m saying.

Most memorable comeback would have to be vs Virginia to reach F4 2016. Down maybe 16 with 9 minutes left when Malachi Richardson went off! And Tyler Roberson made 2 Fts at some point, I personally was very happy
So looking at the numbers we now have biggest 2nd half comeback in ACC history.

In 2006 vs. Wichita State we were down 20, but DNic missed a breakaway layup to take the lead at the end.

First game after the natty in 2003-04, we almost came back from down 24 vs. UNC-Charlotte.

But yeah I'm not aware of a comeback bigger than this (24) in at least the Dome era.
If I never hear the name Brendan Plavich again in my life, it’ll be too soon.

We lost the game but I fondly remember the Pitt game in 2011 where we were down 19-0 and scored 17 unanswered to get back in it.
I remember that vividly. Those Cuse Pitt games back then where insane. I respect the Georgetown rivalry but for a good period all I cared about was those UConn or Pitt games. Only game on the schedule those years where I was worried about an L.

Comeback from down 24-
with 16" to go.
Where is that in the record book, I'd like to know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom