Watch it while you can | Syracusefan.com

Watch it while you can

While it's up, you can also grab the url & find an online YouTube video downloader to store it on you computer... than you don't need to worry about if it gets "taken down" - this is what I've been hoping for for the MSG UNC basketball game from the '09-'10 season. I just need someone to upload it on YouTube & make it available for like 15-20 minutes... maybe someday

Man, those were the days, my friend. Go into the Big House and kick ass and take no prisoners. We were something for a good long run. I only hope we return to some semblance of that in my lifetime. Thanks for the memory and posting.

An alltime memorable game. The SU fans were relegated to the endzone and the slope of the lower bowl at UM is shallow. It made it feel further away than you really were. After the game, the team came down to our end and were shaking hands with the fans over the railing. My oldest was excited that he “almost” shook hands with McNabb. He did shake with Mark Banewicz, who later played in the NFL with the Jaguars.

McNabb vs Brady, and on that day the better QB was not in doubt. We also had Kevin Johnson, Konrad, Mungro, Bullock,etc. Man, what a team.

Great tailgate and meet-up with board members before the game as well. One of my great SU memories.

Normally being on a flight to Vegas for a company paid trip is an awesome thing, but I was on that flight for this entire game. No mobile phone to check scores when I landed back then so I checked into my hotel room, turned on the TV and started scanning every sports network and football broadcast until I could get the score, and then yelled out YES!! when I found out what happened. It’s Vegas, no one noticed me yelling

I was working in Tennessee at the time and a co worker was a Michigan season ticket holder that let me have his tickets for that game. Met Dan Fouts and Brent Musberger at a bar nearby the stadium after the game and they both signed a Go Orange poster some SU people were handing out outside the Big House.Still have the poster and the memory of standing at the urinal in the bar and noticing I’m peeing next to Dan Fouts.
I know it’s TMI but what a day that was to be an Orange fan.

I ran a software testing lab for FEMA at the time, with my point of contact for the software developer an arrogant Michigan fan. She flew home to sit in the Ford suite with her husband and trash-talked for two weeks ahead of the game. That was one sweet win, and on my birthday...

Michigan 98
Awesome stuff! Makes you wonder, what if...
But it also makes you wonder why...why did our recruiting fall apart so soon after this? - to the point where games with Rutgers and Temple became adventures.

the ref on the Poles celebration penalty looks like Tim Conway on carol Burnett skit

An alltime memorable game. The SU fans were relegated to the endzone and the slope of the lower bowl at UM is shallow. It made it feel further away than you really were. After the game, the team came down to our end and were shaking hands with the fans over the railing. My oldest was excited that he “almost” shook hands with McNabb. He did shake with Mark Banewicz, who later played in the NFL with the Jaguars.

McNabb vs Brady, and on that day the better QB was not in doubt. We also had Kevin Johnson, Konrad, Mungro, Bullock,etc. Man, what a team.

Great tailgate and meet-up with board members before the game as well. One of my great SU memories.
We had on my count 5 guys in top three rounds if I’m correct in Mcnabb, konrad, bullock, Allen, and k Johnson. Now I didn’t include anyone on our oline. That team shoulda beat Tennessee. My only gripe about coach Paul is we had talent to be top 10 often and we were always 15 to 20 ish. God if we coulda stayed at that level instead of what happened we would be set right now.

What’s most amazing about that performance is that we were coming off of a heartbreaking loss to eventual national champ Tennessee and that ice storm screwed up all our prep time for the week. No worries.

EDIT: Wind storm.

A coworker in 2000 and long time Michigan season ticket holder said all the fans around him agreed that it was the biggest beatdown they’ve ever received at the big house.

Last edited:
What’s most amazing about that performance is that we were coming off of a heartbreaking loss to eventual national champ Tennessee and that ice storm screwed up all our prep time for the week. No worries.

A coworker in 2000 and long time Michigan season ticket holder said all the fans around him agreed that it was the biggest beatdown they’ve ever received at the big house.
Ice storm on Labor Day? Lol

Derecho , the ice storm was the final four 2003

We had on my count 5 guys in top three rounds if I’m correct in Mcnabb, konrad, bullock, Allen, and k Johnson. Now I didn’t include anyone on our oline. That team shoulda beat Tennessee. My only gripe about coach Paul is we had talent to be top 10 often and we were always 15 to 20 ish. God if we coulda stayed at that level instead of what happened we would be set right now.
Blame Mike Vick’s handlers

My power came back on mere hours before kickoff after being out for a week. I went and got a haircut that morning at the barbershop at Shoppingtown. They had the tv on there and I considered staying to watch the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom