Watch Mark Coyle's Introductory Press Conference Live at 10 a.m. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Watch Mark Coyle's Introductory Press Conference Live at 10 a.m.

I liked the past initiative to get the little people involved in donating. The 110 or whatever it was he did in Boise. When the guy hears that the internet whackos over at syracusefan.com donated 50K+ for the IPF that will get his attention I think. It's grassroots, it's the little people, the middle class, if he gets these people invested in the program with $44 campaigns or whatever that'll add up.

Curious if he will bring some more folks from Boise out this way.

Let's see if we can get him on here for a chat. I've got a few things to ask. ;)

Curious if he will bring some more folks from Boise out this way.

Let's see if we can get him on here for a chat. I've got a few things to ask. ;)

yes me too, also very curious about a few other people and topics:

1. Will he keep Floyd around - Does his salary meet his deliverables
2. Lacrosse - Foreign sport to Mr. Coyle. How will he feel about Gaits salary, Desko etc.?
3. As Phat said before, will he work to bring in the mid to lower level donors, myself included :)
4. Facilities and his vision.
5. JB and Hop, he was elusive there a bit.
6. Herm, Baumgartner, and all those other Associate AD's. Someones gotta go.
7. NY's college team. What will become of all those marketing dollars.
8. Dealing with the ACC, new AD and new conference... interesting

yes me too, also very curious about a few other people and topics:

1. Will he keep Floyd around - Does his salary meet his deliverables
2. Lacrosse - Foreign sport to Mr. Coyle. How will he feel about Gaits salary, Desko etc.?
3. As Phat said before, will he work to bring in the mid to lower level donors, myself included :)
4. Facilities and his vision.
5. JB and Hop, he was elusive there a bit.
6. Herm, Baumgartner, and all those other Associate AD's. Someones gotta go.
7. NY's college team. What will become of all those marketing dollars.
8. Dealing with the ACC, new AD and new conference... interesting
FYI, I believe Baumgartner was recently a finalist for the Fresno State AD job. Didn't get it but was close.

I mean...is he really rocking makeup? I don't live in the area so, does he do on camera work, or something? Because it looks like he's got a pound of makeup. And lipstick.

The Pride Parade was this last weekend.

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3 5m5 minutes ago
Boeheim on Shafer: “Everyone out here thinks that they should win this year or we need a new football coach..."

“...And that's the most ridiculous way to think that I've ever heard in my life."

I know there's more than one on this board that doesn't necessarily buy into the "a coach needs time to implement their system and players" theory.

And although I do believe that extremely talented coaches can perhaps come in and change a program significantly within 2 years, I don't think it's the only indicator.

Just because a coach wasn't able to bring a team to the desired level in that timeframe doesn't mean he's not the right coach or doesn't have the ability to exceed expectations. There are a million reasons why things happen.

I'm part of the camp that believes in what they're trying to accomplish. Does that mean I'm sold on everybody? No, I'm not.

I believe that if they can get the offense to a respectable level, we'll be more than respectable overall. And, at that point, you can catch lighting in a bottle every couple of years and try to put up double digit wins.

Long rambling short, I believe in the staff and hope they're around for a while. That being said, those results are most likely contingent on success.

I liked the past initiative to get the little people involved in donating. The 110 or whatever it was he did in Boise. When the guy hears that the internet whackos over at syracusefan.com donated 50K+ for the IPF that will get his attention I think. It's grassroots, it's the little people, the middle class, if he gets these people invested in the program with $44 campaigns or whatever that'll add up.

He actually did this at Kentucky. This is what Syracuse needs.

One of the first things he stressed at Boise State was inclusivity, having fans feel more connected than before. He noted a 110% Club program he started at Kentucky that got fans who may not have donated involved with minimal contributions ($110), but still felt rewarded for their efforts.

Nice family unit. Who is the guy just over her shoulder - he looks russian?

Steve Ballentine. BOT member and the chair of the search committee. 2nd speaker of the day, just before Coyle.

Steve Ballentine. BOT member and the chair of the search committee. 2nd speaker of the day, just before Coyle.

That's not a Russian name. You must have the wrong person.

Boeheim on Shafer: “Everyone out here thinks that they should win this year or we need a new football coach..."

“...And that's the most ridiculous way to think that I've ever heard in my life."
God he can't retire soon enough. Jimmy has his own problems to deal with these days on the basketball side and should stay out of football matters. Shafer is a big boy who took a job in a results oriented business. You don't produce results you get let go. It really is just that simple

Last edited:
We have ourselves the best recruit we could ever hope for in Coyle other than Super Kent. What a solid AD to lead us into the ACC, Dome remodel, JB sunset cruise, and of course Football. I love HCSS and think that he is going to be around for a long time but in the event he does struggle in Coyle we have an AD that i believe will make a great call. One thing that i thought was so key in his last job was the fact that he was able to put in place multi year contracts for the assistant coaches. This is a guy who gets what it takes to run a company. Great day to be Orange!

I love HCSS and think that he is going to be around for a long time but in the event he does struggle in Coyle we have an AD that i believe will make a great call. One thing that i thought was so key in his last job was the fact that he was able to put in place multi year contracts for the assistant coaches. This is a guy who gets what it takes to run a company. Great day to be Orange!

The current Boise coach only makes $1 mill a year base salary. I know he is a Boise native and was raised there and I am sure its his "dream job"...but as we know all to well plans with "dream jobs" change quick with people. IF we have to make a change in a year or two I wouldn't be shocked to see our AD go to that well. Even if we only pay $3 mill a year we just tripled the guys base salary. Boise just re-worked his deal but didn't up his annual salary, they left it at $1 mill. All they just upped was the incentive payouts for when he reaches win totals every year.

Stern said:
The current Boise coach only makes $1 mill a year base salary. I know he is a Boise native and was raised there and I am sure its his "dream job"...but as we know all to well plans with "dream jobs" change quick with people. IF we have to make a change in a year or two I wouldn't be shocked to see our AD go to that well. Even if we only pay $3 mill a year we just tripled the guys base salary. Boise just re-worked his deal but didn't up his annual salary, they left it at $1 mill. All they just upped was the incentive payouts for when he reaches win totals every year.
if the AD has $3 million to spend, why wouldn't he put it to work with the current staff?

Btw... Syracuse has never paid a coach that much..

God he can't retire soon enough. Jimmy has his own problems to deal with these days on the basketball side and should stay out of football matters. Shafer is a big boy who took a job in a results oriented business. You don't produce results you get let go. It really is just that simple
That's just Boeheim being Boeheim--defending his colleagues. And I expect his opinion on Shafer is more informed than most, including you and I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom