Watching from Home vs Bar | Syracusefan.com

Watching from Home vs Bar

djcon57

Living Legend
I have a yelling problem. I like to scream the F word at the TV...a lot. I like to throw stuff if needed.

My fellow Cuse-fan friends are insisting we watch at a bar on Saturday, thus my only other choice is watching the game by myself in a dark cave.

Please answer this quandary for me.

Last Cuse tourney game I watched at the bar was vs Blake Griffin. Needless to say I've decided against it for the forseeable future.

Home = cheaper beer, no risk of dbag opposing fans, yelling what you want without risk of offending, + no risk of dui afterwards.

I have a yelling problem. I like to scream the F word at the TV...a lot. I like to throw stuff if needed.

My fellow Cuse-fan friends are insisting we watch at a bar on Saturday, thus my only other choice is watching the game by myself in a dark cave.

I'm with you dj - I'll be in my home theater with my 106 inch screen and no doubt a few f bombs and other objects may be thrown. I also can hear and see everything clearly and I have a far better beer selection at home as well. Now if we win on Saturday, I'll be headed to the Carrier Dome on Monday. Gotta be there or in Atlanta this time. Last time I watched all the games alone. Changing it up this time. Let's Go Orange!!!

i debated on going to bar to watch the cal game. i decided it was too big a game to watch at a bar, i wanted a front row seat on my couch. since this game is just a little bit bigger than the cal game ill be on my couch again.

I have to watch the game alone. I am no joy to watch a cuse game with. Plus, I can hide behind my coach when we are at the free throw line late in the game.
Same here. My wife will be putting our son down, plus she knows that it's not a good idea to be in the room with me. She also recognizes that, for whatever reason, the team tends to play like crap when she's in the room to the point where she'll peer around the corner during the game and ask, "is it safe to come out?"

Last game I watched in a bar was Ohio St. in the elite 8. Mostly neutral except for one broad clapping with every buckeye bucket. Had to leave at halftime, too many visions of taking my pint of Duckrabbit stout and introducing it to her forehead. When the Orange play it transforms me into a lunatic, for better or worse.

Same here. My wife will be putting our son down, plus she knows that it's not a good idea to be in the room with me. She also recognizes that, for whatever reason, the team tends to play like crap when she's in the room to the point where she'll peer around the corner during the game and ask, "is it safe to come out?"

"NOOOOOO!!!!"

Look at it this way: you can't lose at home.
Not possible to embarrass yourself.
Even if you toss something at the TV and break it, you can always make up a cover story.
Something like...you were trying to wrestle it away from an intruder.

That said, I watched the last G-town game in a bar/restaurant.
Great time.
But my most frequent reaction is burying my face in my hands at every missed free throw.
The only time I jumped out of my seat was when CJ slammed over Porter.

I have to watch the game alone. I am no joy to watch a cuse game with. Plus, I can hide behind my coach when we are at the free throw line late in the game.

How big is your coach, and doesn't he mind you hiding behind him?

C'mon, give the guy a break. It's impressive enough he even has a personal coach. Anyway, he's gotta be a big tough guy - bet he could probably hide 3 dashers behind him.

As for watching games. Home. Alone (preferably). My wife lived in Chicago during MJ years, so that's all the basketball she knows. She does get by now to mostly hide during games, but still flinches at every yessss, and noooo, etc. Our 8-yr old daughter, on the other hand, likes the games, but has no patience to sit through 2 hrs - she's too active for that. Plus she prefers football, anyway. Why? Because of the TOUCHDOWN of course! She also has this uncanny ability to start watching a game with me, and within 30 seconds proclaim: they'll win, or they lose. She's rarely been wrong, btw (from the mouths of babes ...) ... so I try to avoid watching with her - not to get upset at her possible prediction of a loss. It just leaves me with baaad karma for the rest of the game, almost expecting them to lose.

I have to watch at home sitting in the exact same place on my couch as I was when I watched the other tournament games. Not that I'm superstitious...
Same here. I've watched at home from the couch, worn the same damn shirt all tournament, and I haven't bought beer since the beginning of the tourney. Garage fridge is running low, but should make it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom