Watching Paige at the presser | Syracusefan.com

Watching Paige at the presser

cspades99

2nd String
Ugh, hurts my heart for him (and all those players). He's literally choking back tears but still seems poised when answering.

Why is he sad? I thought he said there wouldn't be any punishment for men's basketball? ;)

Tonight might be punishment enough, to be honest with you, I think I would rather be banned from the postseason one year, than lose the way Unc did tonight.

Ugh, hurts my heart for him (and all those players). He's literally choking back tears but still seems poised when answering.
HEARTBREAKING to see that kid. Dear god!

I've often thought it was cruel for the NCAA to make the players on the losing team do the pressers. Having the coach there should be sufficient.
I disagree, but understand your sentiment. I'll just say that its a (small) dose of real life. Sometimes folks have to do things that they do not want to do. And I think too often we shield youth from things that might be construed as difficult. I don't love UNC or M.Paige, but I happened to catch his interview live last night. He was really impressive. I felt for him, but also appreciated his raw honestly. That's the type of interview that can set up a program (not that UNC needs much help there) or at least set the tone for the next year. Passion and pride for your program.

Reflecting upon that degree of heartbreak can also be therapeutic/cleansing. Did you ever notice that the best closers in MLB are the ones that are waiting for the media at their lockers immediately after a blown save? Meanwhile, after a close victory the next night, those same closers cannot be found by the media. There is something really fitting about that.

I thought Paige did an excellent job at the press conference. Very impressed with him. I think his coach could learn something from him actually.

I disagree, but understand your sentiment. I'll just say that its a (small) dose of real life. Sometimes folks have to do things that they do not want to do. And I think too often we shield youth from things that might be construed as difficult. I don't love UNC or M.Paige, but I happened to catch his interview live last night. He was really impressive. I felt for him, but also appreciated his raw honestly. That's the type of interview that can set up a program (not that UNC needs much help there) or at least set the tone for the next year. Passion and pride for your program.

Reflecting upon that degree of heartbreak can also be therapeutic/cleansing. Did you ever notice that the best closers in MLB are the ones that are waiting for the media at their lockers immediately after a blown save? Meanwhile, after a close victory the next night, those same closers cannot be found by the media. There is something really fitting about that.

Generally agree, but I think the cameras should be removed from the tunnel after the game. Not cool to see those kids holding it in until they can get off the court, only to have a lens shoved in their face.

That said, Carolina's kids did a very nice job. Very good social skills that'll serve them well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom