Way too Early 2019 Schedule Thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Way too Early 2019 Schedule Thoughts...

CuseInNOLA

Naked Mole Rat
With the caveat that we don't know what the 2019 team will look like, here's what I think of next years schedule...

"Gimmes": @ Liberty, vs. Holy Cross

"Should win": vs. Western Michigan, @ Maryland, @ Duke, @ Louisville, vs. Wake Forest

"60-40": vs. BC, vs. Pitt, @ NC State

"50-50": @ Florida State

"35-65": vs. Clemson

Granted, this is predicated off of Tommy D stepping up and filling the major shoes that Dungey is leaving behind, which will not be easy. May be optimistic, but it's insane to think that an 11-1 season, and potential NY6 Bowl Berth is even on the table after the last few years...Thoughts?

Very hard to do this sort of thing because we don't know what the other ACC teams really have.

Obviously, injuries will determine a lot as well. That said, I put the range at 7-6 to 10-3.

We should be rolling by the end of the season but have to figure some rough spots with our kids along the way.

2020 and 2021 should be special.

If we lose to anyone but Clemson at home I’ll be pissed. If we go less than .500 on the road I’ll be pissed. So anything less than 8-4 is piss.

I'll be fine with 8 wins next year. Don't forget a lot of our key guys on offense have multiple years left.

Last edited:
Love the orange colored predictions (so different from the tone a year ago), but I would like to see how things come together in the Spring. What do we have behind Devito, and how much better is Devito than what we saw this season? Does Dino find some gems (grad transfer or otherwise) to fill any spots?

Love the orange colored predictions (so different from the tone a year ago), but I would like to see how things come together in the Spring. What do we have behind Devito, and how much better is Devito than what we saw this season? Does Dino find some gems (grad transfer or otherwise) to fill any spots?
Until Tommy shows he can play against a team like Notre Dame, hold the coronation
I hope he turns out to be that good, but 8 or 9 wins with an unproven QB would be good.

Until Tommy shows he can play against a team like Notre Dame, hold the coronation
I hope he turns out to be that good, but 8 or 9 wins with an unproven QB would be good.
Thankfully the only team like ND is clemson next year. I’ll take the great play against FSU, who have 5 star talent all around that defense, and UNC who is a decent ACC school. Devito needs work but he has shown he can win in the ACC

Fair. But TD will enter next season as a third-year player in our system, who has a fairly good amount of game experience under his belt, and has had some success against teams like Florida State. It certainly remains to be seen how he'll ultimately perform, but this sets up extraordinary really well.

Fair. But TD will enter next season as a third-year player in our system, who has a fairly good amount of game experience under his belt, and has had some success against teams like Florida State. It certainly remains to be seen how he'll ultimately perform, but this sets up extraordinary really well.

Yes, people seem to forget that TD came extremely close to unseating Dungey (one of our all time great QBS) after the UNC game. Listening to Dino talk about how great the competition was that week of practice leading up to NC state told me all I need to know about how much Babers likes DeVito.

Yes, people seem to forget that TD came extremely close to unseating Dungey (one of our all time great QBS) after the UNC game. Listening to Dino talk about how great the competition was that week of practice leading up to NC state told me all I need to know about how much Babers likes DeVito.

And that competition likely made Eric a better QB. Of all the good things we hear about Chance, I hope he can push Tommy as hard as Tommy pushed Eric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom