We as Syracuse fans think we overschedule in OOC games have you looked at UVA's schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We as Syracuse fans think we overschedule in OOC games have you looked at UVA's schedule

I'll always love the Tribe, when I was going into 9 grade, in late 70's, my brother was looking at schools in va. We went to William and Mary, and I wandered away from my parents and brother to the football office, where Ivan fears was watching film (vs temple, on the old projector). He was on ph but he waved me into his office and gave me an SI mag. When he was done we talked know along time, watched film, and then he asked me where I was staying, and we went down to the weight room and he had one of the players drive me back to the hotel. My parents where pissed! But it was great afternoon I'll never forget.
Nice story...

I don't see how they're going to hire a great coach with that kind of scheduling philosophy. If you don't think coaches are ultra-sensitive to that, you haven't been paying attention.

Honestly, I don't know exactly what they're supposed to do, but it's hard to believe the conference hasn't stepped in to try to influence this stuff...it's very bad for the ACC. They're very likely going to go 1-3 OOC, and then knock off a Miami or GT later in the year. It's an ACC tradition. No ACC team should be going into conference with more than one loss, it's just bad all around. The conference doesn't get the slightest bit of respect for the aggressive out of conference scheduling they do.

I don't see how they're going to hire a great coach with that kind of scheduling philosophy. If you don't think coaches are ultra-sensitive to that, you haven't been paying attention.

Honestly, I don't know exactly what they're supposed to do, but it's hard to believe the conference hasn't stepped in to try to influence this stuff...it's very bad for the ACC. They're very likely going to go 1-3 OOC, and then knock off a Miami or GT later in the year. It's an ACC tradition. No ACC team should be going into conference with more than one loss, it's just bad all around. The conference doesn't get the slightest bit of respect for the aggressive out of conference scheduling they do.
a whole bunch of future leave rakers are leaving their lawnmowers to come inside and refute this post and speak of how they DEMAND that Syracuse football schedules no less than 7 home games with the other 3 OOC being nothing but power schools from P5 conferences.

Lou_C said:
I don't see how they're going to hire a great coach with that kind of scheduling philosophy. If you don't think coaches are ultra-sensitive to that, you haven't been paying attention. Honestly, I don't know exactly what they're supposed to do, but it's hard to believe the conference hasn't stepped in to try to influence this stuff...it's very bad for the ACC. They're very likely going to go 1-3 OOC, and then knock off a Miami or GT later in the year. It's an ACC tradition. No ACC team should be going into conference with more than one loss, it's just bad all around. The conference doesn't get the slightest bit of respect for the aggressive out of conference scheduling they do.

Yep - the "SEC" method.

I believe the B1G decided yesterday to scrap scheduling all FCS teams and mandate everyone play at least one P5 OOC opponent annually.

Also read last week that the Sun Belt is reconsidering its scheduling philosophy, wondering if the money-grab games against P5 teams are worth it.

The need for better quality games to satisfy attendance and TV demands may get us to an ~75 team super league sooner than we expected.

I believe the B1G decided yesterday to scrap scheduling all FCS teams and mandate everyone play at least one P5 OOC opponent annually.

Also read last week that the Sun Belt is reconsidering its scheduling philosophy, wondering if the money-grab games against P5 teams are worth it.

The need for better quality games to satisfy attendance and TV demands may get us to an ~75 team super league sooner than we expected.

You are correct for sure about the B1G.

KaiserUEO said:
aka- the "Winning Championships and High Rankings" method.

Never said it didn't work or we shouldn't do it.

Sounds good from where I sit.

Scooch said:
I believe the B1G decided yesterday to scrap scheduling all FCS teams and mandate everyone play at least one P5 OOC opponent annually. Also read last week that the Sun Belt is reconsidering its scheduling philosophy, wondering if the money-grab games against P5 teams are worth it. The need for better quality games to satisfy attendance and TV demands may get us to an ~75 team super league sooner than we expected.

They said the same thing 2 years ago - it's odd that it's getting media reaction now. Unless it was meant to put pressure on other leagues... Hmmm.

W&M is no push over either- They beat UVA a couple of years ago and went 4-4 in a brutal 1-AA conference.
I believe former Orange Qb coach and offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers has the same role at William and Mary.