We can win out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We can win out

Ansolutely. Teams like louisville, pittsburgh we are going to struggle with. We actually have a better chance against UNC than we do againat louisville becauae we match up better with their style of play. Duke? Bring them on. Pitt? No thank you

Exactly. Don't want to see a Dayton or a Wichita St. in March either.

6e02200b6800d06118cf945692b30f78.jpg

or we can go 1-4. one game at a time. its disturbing when the board gets too cocky. we were winning the natty after atlantis and then after the st johns loss, we were never going to be a competitive program ever again. sometimes I forget this board, much like society, is filled w a bunch of lunatics and imbeciles.
I think this board is quite amusing, but I don't think any opinion expressed here can influence the outcome of future games.

I would like to know whether I'm a lunatic or an imbecile, however.

The way we are playing, no team scares me. At UNC will be extremely difficult because of their bigs but we are playing better than when we last met them. Louisville does not scare me that much even at the Yum. Not saying it will happen, but not saying it's not a legit possibility at this point. We have never been a bubble team, we were a team who missed our leader and had some freshman hit an early season lull. Right now, everything is clicking and I only see this team getting better. To be honest, I see this team as a threat in the tourney, even more so than our 25-0 team because this team has more playmakers and the offense is just so much better.

Let's not start ......

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAMrAAAAJDY5ZGViY2RhLTAyMzUtNDk3NC1hNmM3LTFhMTM3NzI4NmU3MQ.jpg

First, I should say that I don't think SU has any chance of winning out - but imagine if they did.

They would have to get serious consideration for a 1 seed wouldn't they? Keep in mind winning out involves away wins as UNC and Lousiville, as well as a home win against Pitt. Add to that two neutral court wins against the likes of Virginia, UNC, Lousiville, Duke or Notre Dame on the way to becoming ACC champs and you are talking a huge winning streak at the end of the season.

The 1 seed line is going to look weak anyway this year so a 26-8 (or something like that) wouldn't look that out of place, especially when you consider that they would be something like 17-2 since Boeheim's return with the only losses being close ones to top 10 teams (UVA and UNC).

Can you imagine SU going from 10-7 to a one seed? It won't happen l, but it is still mathematically possible, and fun to think about.

First, I should say that I don't think SU has any chance of winning out - but imagine if they did.

They would have to get serious consideration for a 1 seed wouldn't they? Keep in mind winning out involves away wins as UNC and Lousiville, as well as a home win against Pitt. Add to that two neutral court wins against the likes of Virginia, UNC, Lousiville, Duke or Notre Dame on the way to becoming ACC champs and you are talking a huge winning streak at the end of the season.

The 1 seed line is going to look weak anyway this year so a 26-8 (or something like that) wouldn't look that out of place, especially when you consider that they would be something like 17-2 since Boeheim's return with the only losses being close ones to top 10 teams (UVA and UNC).

Can you imagine SU going from 10-7 to a one seed? It won't happen l, but it is still mathematically possible, and fun to think about.
General, I was specifically speaking of the regular season, not the ACC tourney as well. That would be insane though!

The way we are playing, no team scares me. At UNC will be extremely difficult because of their bigs but we are playing better than when we last met them.
Louisville does not scare me that much even at the Yum.
Not saying it will happen, but not saying it's not a legit possibility at this point. We have never been a bubble team, we were a team who missed our leader and had some freshman hit an early season lull. Right now, everything is clicking and I only see this team getting better. To be honest, I see this team as a threat in the tourney, even more so than our 25-0 team because this team has more playmakers and the offense is just so much better.

You were saying?... :p

I'm waiting for someone to start a "We can lose out" thread.

I'm waiting for someone to start a "We can lose out" thread.

Sadly, the odds were (and are) slightly higher of that, than the winning out part.
Both are/were highly unlikely, but not completely impossible either.

We should be favored in the next 2 games, and have a solid punchers chance @FSU.
@UNC is a very tall order. Bad pun intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom