We can win @UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We can win @UNC

Always talk up the competition. Never talk them down. That way when we win it's a bigger deal.

If they didn't have different uniforms, I couldn't tell the difference between North Carolina and the Golden State Warriors.

If they didn't have different uniforms, and a terrible coach, I couldn't tell the difference between North Carolina and the Golden State Warriors.

FIFY. :D

If they didn't have different uniforms, I couldn't tell the difference between North Carolina and the Golden State Warriors.
Really? GS has 5 guys who are threats from deep, UNC donut is outside shooting. I think your are buying into ESPN endlessly telling us NC is the "best team in the country". It's kind of like 'profiling', they look good, the atmosphere is big time, so you expect they are a great team. Except...they needed a great finish to beat BC, they squeak by a lot of teams. Great teams don't play down to the opponent, they wipe the floor with lesser teams and play their game against the good teams, finding a way to win. NC checks a lot of boxes, but not best team

Really? GS has 5 guys who are threats from deep, UNC donut is outside shooting. I think your are buying into ESPN endlessly telling us NC is the "best team in the country". It's kind of like 'profiling', they look good, the atmosphere is big time, so you expect they are a great team. Except...they needed a great finish to beat BC, they squeak by a lot of teams. Great teams don't play down to the opponent, they wipe the floor with lesser teams and play their game against the good teams, finding a way to win. NC checks a lot of boxes, but not best team

This forum DESPERATELY NEEDS a sarcasm font.

This forum DESPERATELY NEEDS a sarcasm font.

I thought it was pretty obvious :) Especially since I was responding to Dave's post to talk up the competition.

cooney scored 27 and we lost by 11.

they will destroy us again.

I will have them in the F8 most definitely and likely a F4 or better.

We're playing better, they are playing worse.

I thought it was pretty obvious :) Especially since I was responding to Dave's post to talk up the competition.

Yes, but some people clearly don't seem to get sarcasm.

(you can see I'm pushing to have italics be the surrogate for a proper sarcasm font)

There's another (totally unrelated) forum I'm on, that uses pink font for sarcasm.

They don't like/don't want to play defense and we can make shots against them. It will obviously be a tough game, but it will be played a lot differently than the game tonight. Be respectable on the boards and we have a shot

No way are we even competitive. Their bigs will squash us on the boards. The only way they wont score is if they turn it over. If they a get a shot off, its going in initially or going in off the board. They are a horrid matchup for us.

As far as their "not playing defense" , part of that last night had to do with Duke having multiple players who can take their man off the dribble including the freak of nature Ingram who looks like a classic SU big.

We'll have to sag the zone like no other. UNC has been awful from 3 and Piage has been ice cold (of course that could change any game) -- let them take 25 3's, battle on the glass, and hope they miss from behind the arc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom