8Luke RhoaMFr.6-0170Potomac, Md. / St. John's College HS
9Jackson BirtwistleMR-Fr.6-0194St. David's, Pa. / Radnor
10Max RosaMJr.5-11200Syracuse, N.Y. / West Genesee
11Riley FigueirasDFr.6-0185Sunderland, Md. / St. John's College HS
12Carter RiceSSDMSo.5-11186Milton, Mass. / Boston College HS
13Pete FioriniMR-Sr.6-3210Baldwinsville, N.Y. / Baldwinsville
14Zach MercadoMFr.5-10185Austin, Texas / Austin
15Caelin LewisMR-So.6-5220Sammamish, Wash. / Skyline
16Jake MurphySSDMGr.5-11190Ridge, NJ / Longwood (Spring Enrollee)
17Tommy DragoLSMR-So.5-11185North Caldwell, N.J. / West Essex
18Vinnie TrujilloSSDMFr.5-9175Annapolis, Md. / St. John's College HS
19Alex SimmonsAGr.5-11180Smithville, Ontario, / Culver Academy
20Paul LamonacaF/OSo.5-7165Scarsdale, N.Y. / Scarsdale
21Blake BorgesMR-Fr.6-2200Yorktown, N.Y. / Yorktown/Brunswick
22Joey SpallinaAFr.5-11185Mount Sinai, N.Y. / Mount Sinai
23Finn ThomsonAFr.6-1160Toronto, Ontario / St. Michael's
24Gavin GibbsF/OFr.6-1180Easton, Pa. / Notre Dame Green Pond
25Nick FraterrigoDJr.6-3200Niskayuna, N.Y. / Niskayuna
26Chuck KuczynskiDFr.6-0190Allentown, Pa. / Allentown Central
27Brett TenagliaAR-Jr.5-8186New Fairfield, Conn. / New Fairfield
28Nick CaccamoDSo.6-1203Centerport, N.Y. / Harborfields
29Tyler CordesMSo.5-8179Bohemia, N.Y. / Connetquot
30Landon ClaryDR-So.5-11200Oakridge, N.C. / North West Guilford
31Barrett WhiteMSo.6-3195Alexandria, Va. / Episcopal High
32Jack WitherspoonDJr.6-4220Owings Mills, Md. / Gillman
33Caden KolDR-So.6-1200Danville, Calif. / Salisbury School
34Nathan LeVineMSo.6-2217Gilford, N.H. / Windham
35Billy DwanDFr.6-4210Lutherville, Md. / Loyola Blakefield
36Shaffer WoodySSDMR-Jr.6-1217Durham, N.C. / Durham Academy
38Jack FineF/OSo.5-9185Roslyn, N.Y. / Avon Old Farms
39Jimmy McCoolGFr.6-2225Boston, Mass. / New Hampton School
40Cole KirstMGr.6-2210Bernardsville, N.J. / Seton Hall Prep
41Jordan BeckDFr.6-4220Towson, Md. / Calvert Hall College HS
42Dylan SagederSSDMFr.6-0180Mount Sinai, N.Y. / Mount Sinai
43Brandon AvilesSSDMR-Jr.6-0195Setauket, N.Y. / Ward Melville
44Joe BoleaSSDMGr.6-0180Grand Rapids, Mich. / East Grand Rapids
45Johnny RichiusoF/OSo.5-10175Rochester, N.Y. / Penfield
47Aidan KellySSDMSo.6-0200Wayne, Pa / Conestoga
48Saam OlexoLSMJr.6-1205Annapolis, Md. / Archbishop Spalding
50Patrick DuffyGR-So.6-1200Portland, Ore. / Jesuit High School
77Owen HiltzAR-So.5-8180Peterborough, Ontario,/ Culver Academy
81John CohenAR-So.5-8165Carmel, Ind. / Culver Academy
83Blake ErlbeckAR-Fr.5-11165Solana Beach, Calif. / Torrey Pines
88Will MarkGSr.6-3205Danville, Calif. / Proctor Academy
89Kyle RolleyGR-Fr.6-0195Plano, Texas / Episcopal
90Jordan VincentLSMFr.6-1208Caledon, Ontario / IMG Academy

Last edited:
Only one that appears to be missing is Richiusa the fogo from Canisius. Could be something weird with sorting out the transfer process though.

Dwan and Beck or big boys. and the freshman LSM Vincent great size for an LSM.

The one area over the past handful of years I thought we lacked was size. We're still slight at SSDM but lots of big kids on this team.

The year Yale won it they were the most physically imposing team I'd ever seen and then Maryland last year was big.

Last edited:
Only one that appears to be missing is Richiusa the fogo from Canisius. Could be something weird with sorting out the transfer process though.

I thought he couldn't enroll until January?

Dwan and Beck or big boys. and the freshman LSM Vincent great size for an LSM.

The one area over the past handful of years I thought we lacked was size. We're still a light slight at SSDM but lots of big kids on this team.

The year Yale won it they were the most physically imposing team I'd ever seen and then Maryland last year was big.
New transfers at SSDM Bolea and Murphy are reasonably big which helps. Bolea 6 foot 180 and Murphy 5'11 200. Aviles is a strong guy. Wonder what the freshman SSDM recruits will be able to do this year. Both a little undersized, but Zach Mercado from Texas looked like a tank in his highlights.

Thought that was the case with one of the LIU transfers but not sure.
Yeah Murphy had to do his student teaching so not going up til December and he's on here so not sure why the new Fogo isn't?

Is it possible that the lack of Richiusa on the Fall Roster and the recent news regarding TD are related ? Hope not !!

Did Hiltz not take a medical redshirt for last season? Why is he listed as a Jr.?

Did Hiltz not take a medical redshirt for last season? Why is he listed as a Jr.?
Lots of mistakes on people's classes. A lot of redshirt sophmores are still listed as redshirt freshman. Even if his plan was to only stay two more years he should still be listed as a R-Sophmore. Would not worry about it. No way he did not qualify for the medical redshirt as it was before the season started.

-Nice to see Ferris is on the roster still. Believe there was a rumor of him leaving.
-Thomson is used to contact with the indoor game, but is looking like the lacrosse version of Marek Dolezaj with that height and weight combo.
-as far as FOGO goes...there simply has to be a plan. Currently the situation is unacceptable.

-Nice to see Ferris is on the roster still. Believe there was a rumor of him leaving.
-Thomson is used to contact with the indoor game, but is looking like the lacrosse version of Marek Dolezaj with that height and weight combo.
-as far as FOGO goes...there simply has to be a plan. Currently the situation is unacceptable.

Ferris is not on the team, he is enrolled at school, but not playing lacrosse.

Ah... too bad. Tough to crack the attack line and he did not strike me as a middie. Wish him luck.

He coached this summer with Scott Marr and Liam Gleason's club team. Wonder if he'll eventually transfer closer to home?

Well it's certainly nice to have a fall roster, I can't remember the last time SU posted one this early minus the handouts they give at the alumni game.

Breakdown in terms of positions -

Attack - 8
Attack/Midfield - 2 (Kirst and Leo, I have a feeling both will play midfield)
Midfield - 15 (includes Rice and Murphy who both played SSDM last year and Mercado, a presumptive SSDM)
FOGO - 2 (alarm bells ringing, I do think Lamonica made the team but Richiusa missing is worrying).
SSDM - 5 (I think this number is closer to 8 with Rice, Murphy and Mercado)
LSM - 7 (seems like a lot of LSMs on one roster seeing as you don't play more than 3).
Defense - 8
Goalie - 5 (confirmed that Gavin is not on the roster).

52 total if my math is correct which seems pretty manageable as opposed to some recent seasons.

Other random thoughts/observations:
I would breakdown by class but as others have pointed out that doesn't seem accurate right now. Other typos and such are present (Thomson's high school is listed as Fuerest Academy, which should be Everest). Hopefully Richiusa missing is just an oversite. Murphy from LIU apparently isn't on campus yet but is still listed on the roster.

Simmons, Thomson and Spallina all listed as attackmen. Not sure who will lineup where but that perhaps is a sign. Birtwistle listed as a midfielder after starting at attack last year. Griffin Cook still on the roster and was a starter last year but hardly gets mentioned on this board (includes myself).

Well it's certainly nice to have a fall roster, I can't remember the last time SU posted one this early minus the handouts they give at the alumni game.

Breakdown in terms of positions -

Attack - 8
Attack/Midfield - 2 (Kirst and Leo, I have a feeling both will play midfield)
Midfield - 15 (includes Rice and Murphy who both played SSDM last year and Mercado, a presumptive SSDM)
FOGO - 2 (alarm bells ringing, I do think Lamonica made the team but Richiusa missing is worrying).
SSDM - 5 (I think this number is closer to 8 with Rice, Murphy and Mercado)
LSM - 7 (seems like a lot of LSMs on one roster seeing as you don't play more than 3).
Defense - 8
Goalie - 5 (confirmed that Gavin is not on the roster).

52 total if my math is correct which seems pretty manageable as opposed to some recent seasons.

Other random thoughts/observations:
I would breakdown by class but as others have pointed out that doesn't seem accurate right now. Other typos and such are present (Thomson's high school is listed as Fuerest Academy, which should be Everest). Hopefully Richiusa missing is just an oversite. Murphy from LIU apparently isn't on campus yet but is still listed on the roster.

Simmons, Thomson and Spallina all listed as attackmen. Not sure who will lineup where but that perhaps is a sign. Birtwistle listed as a midfielder after starting at attack last year. Griffin Cook still on the roster and was a starter last year but hardly gets mentioned on this board (includes myself).
Interesting to see Rice listed as a mid, but you never know if it is just a labeling oversight or conscious choice. Certainly has the footspeed to get separation. The numerous options at ssdm are nice to see. Would add that Levine probably still has a shot to play there given that we recruited him for that (despite his shocking first appearance on man up). He certainly has the size requirements for the spot that are lacking in some of the candidates.

If I had to guess, the starters are Simmons Hiltz and Spallina, with Thomson as the 4th attack spark plug off the bench. Thomson could definitely be on man up unit and I would love if we brought him out against a zone defense too. #23 is increasingly prominent in SU lore if you want to read into that.

Very Very Worrisome that Richiusa is not listed on the roster (although his IG still as @cusemlax in the bio). Not very high on him to begin with but someone has to take draws.

The duplicate numbers in addition to labeling Spallina as a M on the instagram post really has me questioning the new SID. Someone outta be checking his work before he hits submit.

Ferris and Jake Murphy have been removed. I’ll update later tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom