We got a non-conference schedule for 2014... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

We got a non-conference schedule for 2014...

Well I would rather play Stanford home/home than Notre Dame or any elite team Metlife/away.
would you do a 1 off?

edit: i see a new post where you said you would.

hey i love the 'Syracuse shlit doesnt stink' attitude, but it does.

come to grips with it.

Charlottesville is right outside DC, Boston is Boston. I have no answer for Minny.

Mall of America's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would you do a 1 off?
If the game was a true 1 off I would play anybody anywhere, but it would have to be a true 1 off and not the ND-ACC type of one. If Metlife can get teams to play us 1 game at Metlife then I would and say of course do it.

12 remaining.

ND in 2014 and 2016.

Plus 10 more between 2019 and 2038.

Wait - I understood the contract as 10 games over 20 years starting in 2012 through 2031.
2012 - USC
2013 - PSU
2014 - ND
2016 - ND

Total of 4 games played or announced so, 6 remaining. I know that PSU is on our schedule in 2021 perhaps that is another one of the MetLife game.
Where do you get the 10 more from 2019 to 2038? That crosses over the first 10/20 schedule.

now we're ranging into the absurd.

stanford makes a nice bowl opponent, useless for the regular season.

so do miss st, ole miss, baylor and iowa st...too far and/or useless. (id go to ole miss in a heartbeat though)

the kentuckys and maybe the kansas' make a little more sense, expecially the kentuckys...but neither will get the leaf rakers to not decide to oil the snow blower as well.

we need to keep close to home by scheduling solid roadies in recruiting areas and leverage Giants Stadium to play a big boy every other year.

You know that what you want has 2 negatives right?

Negative impact to our win loss record.

Negative impact on Dome attendance, even to what little Alumni attendance there is, and probably an impact on donations.

. I know that PSU is on our schedule in 2021 perhaps that is another one of the MetLife game.

The remaining two PSU games were supposed to be played at Beaver Stadium and the Dome. But it looks like those games won't happen.

Wait - I understood the contract as 10 games over 20 years starting in 2012 through 2031.
2012 - USC
2013 - PSU
2014 - ND
2016 - ND

Total of 4 games played or announced so, 6 remaining. I know that PSU is on our schedule in 2021 perhaps that is another one of the MetLife game.
Where do you get the 10 more from 2019 to 2038? That crosses over the first 10/20 schedule.
Metlife-SU agreement

The new agreement extends an existing partnership between the New Meadowlands Stadium and Syracuse University, adding 10 games to four previously announced match-ups with the University of Southern California in September 2012, Penn State in August 2013, Notre Dame in September 2014, and Notre Dame in September 2016. The 10 additional games will be scheduled between 2019 and 2038.

I prefer to play as good a schedule as the team we have. So if we are in a 5 year rebuilding then schedule weakly for 5 years, but once we get to a spot where we can compete then schedule tougher games.

With that said we can schedule decent teams home/home. It can be done as it has been in the past regularly around here. I just see no need to play elite teams if they won't play us home/home. Don't play Ohio State or Michigan if they won't play us in the Dome unless its a 1 time game in a neutral site. If too play an elite team it requires a road game and then a neutral site game and no home game in the Dome then I would recommend we not play the game. That is all.

It's hard to schedule many years into the future and also know what level of team you're going to have at that time. What we know is we always try to play a relevant schedule, it's up to the coaches to win those games and it's up to the administration to get them the support (i.e. $$$$, facitlites, etc.) to do it.

I am glad to see the two Navy games (2015 and 2017) - I just hope they don't get changed. We need to play the triple options a few times before we face GT again.

It's hard to schedule many years into the future and also know what level of team you're going to have at that time. What we know is we always try to play a relevant schedule, it's up to the coaches to win those games and it's up to the administration to get them the support (i.e. $$$$, facitlites, etc.) to do it.
I don't think we are far apart, I just think to get the $$$ you shouldn't alienate your home fanbase which I think the Metlife games do. However, we are just going to agree to diagree on this, but I respect your position it has been fair even though I disagree.

Also, anyone can go look at the future schedules of any team. Many many good and even top teams play OOC road games. That includes teams from the B10, B12 and SEC. I don't buy the "nobody will play here" shtick. Even attendance doesn't hold water. Good teams will draw better than the Tulanes and CMU's.

I don't think anyone has said no one will play here. I'm saying the teams we'll play in NYC will be teams that won't play us here. If you're happy with having Maryland, Northwestern, etc as our OOC highlights then that's your preference. The department obviously wants bigger games than that. I'm not saying either is right, I can just see the benefits to the current strategy.

I don't think anyone has said no one will play here. I'm saying the teams we'll play in NYC will be teams that won't play us here. If you're happy with having Maryland, Northwestern, etc as our OOC highlights then that's your preference. The department obviously wants bigger games than that. I'm not saying either is right, I can just see the benefits to the current strategy.
100% disagree here my friend, we can't get maybe top 10 teams to the Dome Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Georgia. We HAD A DEAL WITH TEXAS in 2006 that Syracuse decided not to play. We can get teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, SEC teams, Big XII teams in home/home if we find good times for the games. We scheduled the Metlife games BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE THE ACC invitation came in. If Dr. Gross knew the TV revenue was going to from 4 million to 20 million in 2011 he wouldn't have done this huge deal with Metlife. Dr. Gross took the money because he didn't know the ACC was going to 14 in 2011 and expansion was happening when it did. C'mon man

I don't think we are far apart, I just think to get the $$$ you shouldn't alienate your home fanbase which I think the Metlife games do. However, we are just agree to diagree on this, but I respect your position it has been fair even though I disagree.
I'm part of the home fanbase and am disgusted by the lack of support. But a lot has to do with the fact that there aren't nearly as many well paying jobs in the area as there used to be. It's hard chasing after the local fans who don't have the disposable income they used to. You can't get blood from a stone, and the money just isn't here anymore. If we can't sell out of $99 season tickets, I'm not sure what else can be done.

I agree with your positions regarding road/Metlife deals but I recognize it as a reality of the current system. The big boys don't play many road games when they can get 80,000+ folks to spend $50 or more on a ticket.

100% disagree here my friend, we can't get maybe top 10 teams to the Dome Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Georgia. We HAD A DEAL WITH TEXAS in 2006 that Syracuse decided not to play. We can get teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, SEC teams, Big XII teams in home/home if we find good times for the games. We scheduled the Metlife games BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE THE ACC invitation came in. If Dr. Gross knew the TV revenue was going to from 4 million to 20 million in 2011 he wouldn't have done this huge deal with Metlife. Dr. Gross took the money because he didn't know the ACC was going to 14 in 2011 and expansion was happening when it did. C'mon man

What SEC programs would come to the Dome? Why would we want to play Big 12 type programs away? We play 2 top 6 programs year in and out now, I don't get the fascination with making our schedule more challenging than it needs to be. Beating Buffalo is better than losing to Baylor.

I've never heard of the deal with Texas, but that too was a different time. List off the road games those schools are playing now. Tell me if any are in 50,000 seat stadiums that aren't in major metro markets.

And who cares when the deal was signed. It was signed because it's a positive to be playing big games in big markets in a big recruiting area for us. So our TV revenue went up...guess what, everyone else's has too (at least the ones we're competing with). Don't make me get the AT&T guy over here help us figure out what's better: more or less.

Metlife-SU agreement

The new agreement extends an existing partnership between the New Meadowlands Stadium and Syracuse University, adding 10 games to four previously announced match-ups with the University of Southern California in September 2012, Penn State in August 2013, Notre Dame in September 2014, and Notre Dame in September 2016. The 10 additional games will be scheduled between 2019 and 2038.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2011/3/10/FB_0310113613.aspx?path=football

I am glad to see the two Navy games (2015 and 2017) - I just hope they don't get changed. We need to play the triple options a few times before we face GT again.

The Navy games were "deep sixed" quite a while ago..

With Navy joining the AAC, they only have room for 4 OOC games every year ... Army, Air Force, Notre Dame, and a mystery guest.

In 2015, Navy is playing Colgate.

The Navy games were "deep sixed" quite a while ago..

With Navy joining the AAC, they only have room for 4 OOC games every year ... Army, Air Force, Notre Dame, and a mystery guest.

In 2015, Navy is playing Colgate.
Rats.

You know that what you want has 2 negatives right?

Negative impact to our win loss record.

Negative impact on Dome attendance, even to what little Alumni attendance there is, and probably an impact on donations.
so what youre saying is......

Syracuse cant beat anybody.

Giants Stadium = loss.

lower level d1 at home = loss.

all road games = loss.

so might as well bring in a big boy to the Dome. let them embarrass the hell out of the Orange, but yet make the locals happy they got to see... 'The Ohio State', do so with a short commute home.

gotcha.

Giants Stadium = loss.

SU can beat the Giants. Let's call up Coughlin and set it up.

well if push comes to shove and Giants are done and the Orange need a bowl eligible win......then lets do it.

well if push comes to shove and Giants are done and the Orange need a bowl eligible win......then lets do it.

Are you kidding me - they have Pugh and Nassib now! They would kill us!

Giants Stadium = loss.

lower level d1 at home = loss.

all road games = loss.

so might as well bring in a big boy to the Dome. let them embarrass the hell out of the Orange, but yet make the locals happy they got to see... 'The Ohio State', do so with a short commute home.

gotcha.

Not what I said at all.

yep, Syracuse should cross the mississippi only under extreme circumstances.

we should stick to the mac, the b1g and everybody semi-close in the aac not named storz.

I can only think of one team that's worth crossing old man river for a home and home series

UNLV%20Rebels%20Vinyl%20Football.jpg

las_vegas_strip_night.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom