We got uniform numbers... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We got uniform numbers...

And also, he's one of the few one-and-done's who actually admit to regretting his decision. He's been supportive of the program. Cut him some slack.

Agreed on all points. Players like Greene are the type of guys we need to be bringing in on a regular basis at the forward spots even if they are one and done. He could shoot with range, rebound create his own shots against most other 6-7+ guys. How much better would last years squad have looked with him on it? He had his deficiencies as a player but they stuck out much more because of the situation he was in on that squad.

pfister1 said:
Wow...Donte Greene, really?? First thought that came to mind for me was Mike Jones...
who?

Have we had a better forward than him since he left?
Wes Johnson for sure; you could make arguments for Kris Joseph & CJ Fair as well

that being said, I remain a Donte Greene fan

Wes Johnson for sure; you could make arguments for Kris Joseph & CJ Fair as well

that being said, I remain a Donte Greene fan
Agreed. I don't get the sustained animosity after all these years. We aren't talking about a kid who was a troublemaker and has since badmouthed Syracuse or Jimmy B. We're talking about a kid who got excited about playing with his teammates, and alongside Jonny Flynn came up with the "Dynasty" thing - which was basically just them borrowing a hand gesture from Jay-Z, by the way - and then left after a season because he wanted (needed?) to try to make some money, and since he's left he frequently comes back and wears his love of the Orange on his sleeve.

Why on earth would people insist on talking crap about a kid like that? I seriously don't get it.

I can't believe I forgot Wes, he was certainly better. I must have been thinking forward recruits and overlooked him because he was a transfer.

I can't believe I forgot Wes, he was certainly better. I must have been thinking forward recruits and overlooked him because he was a transfer.
as always, when searching for excellence in SU basketball, begin with the 2010 squad

as always, when searching for excellence in SU basketball, begin with the 2010 squad

I'm putting in a game from 2010 tonight . . . . . Maybe Gtown where we spotted the 20 and still rolled them.

Agreed. I don't get the sustained animosity after all these years. We aren't talking about a kid who was a troublemaker and has since badmouthed Syracuse or Jimmy B. We're talking about a kid who got excited about playing with his teammates, and alongside Jonny Flynn came up with the "Dynasty" thing - which was basically just them borrowing a hand gesture from Jay-Z, by the way - and then left after a season because he wanted (needed?) to try to make some money, and since he's left he frequently comes back and wears his love of the Orange on his sleeve.

Why on earth would people insist on talking crap about a kid like that? I seriously don't get it.
No animosity toward Donte, but maybe a little resentment. A sophomore Donte Greene would have made us a NC contender and just might have neutralized enough of Blake Griffin in that tourney game for us to advance...

No animosity toward Donte, but maybe a little resentment. A sophomore Donte Greene would have made us a NC contender and just might have neutralized enough of Blake Griffin in that tourney game for us to advance...
So basically, "I am mad that he did something that he thought was in his and his family's best interest rather than working to make me happier."

I kid, I kid. Mostly.

So basically, "I am mad that he did something that he thought was in his and his family's best interest rather than working to make me happier."

I kid, I kid. Mostly.
Basically...
I'm a SYRACUSE basketball fan, and Donte's action was extremely detrimental to SU... You could argue that Donte's decision was extremely detrimental to Donte Greene as well...

Similar to Jerami last year, but Grant's action is mitigated by the fact he gave us two years and TR and CM can replicate what we lost.
In Donte's situation, no one on or coming into that '08-'09 roster could come close to his skill set...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom