We have a coach named Red, let’s start using it | Syracusefan.com

We have a coach named Red, let’s start using it

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
First time I heard the name Adrian “Red” Autry was in a 1990 recruiting guide. I thought “what a cool nickname”.

I’ve seen some attempts here try to refer to him through a generic acronym like “HCAA”. Gawd that’s awful. HCARA was even worse.

One of the greatest basketball coaches of all time was named Red. Now we have our own Coach Red and some want to use a different internet message board referencing.

He is Red, plain and simple. Let’s start using it!!!!

Auerbach.jpg

First time I heard the name Adrian “Red” Autry was in a 1990 recruiting guide. I thought “what a cool nickname”.

I’ve seen some attempts here try to refer to him through a generic acronym like “HCAA”. Gawd that’s awful. HCARA was even worse.

One of the greatest basketball coaches of all time was named Red. Now we have our own Coach Red and some want to use a different internet message board referencing.

"Red said..."

A little formal for message boards. Coach Boeheim was referred to as JB, JAB, or Jim more than Coach Boeheim.

I thought the same thing after I edited my post.

A little formal for message boards. Coach Boeheim was referred to as JB, JAB, or Jim more than Coach Boeheim.

Amongst other colorful adjectives.

They both also have the initials AA. Adrian Autry and Arnold Auerbach. Autry grew up in Harlem just a short drive from where Auerbach was born and raised in Brooklyn.

Now we just need our Red to win multiple championships. Easy peasy!

In another thread I suggested our trunk monkey press should be called Code Red

Wait, so if Boeheim is JB, that means that Coach Red is CR.

And, if Coach Red and CuseRunner are both CR...

I cannot believe the mods banned Autry.

My head is spinning right now.

Now seems like a good time to mention that my favorite color is red

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors