We just freed up two scholarships... | Syracusefan.com

We just freed up two scholarships...

Gabjon

All American
and Hughes isn't one of them. I still expect him to leave.

I wish all the players that are leaving the best.

We now have two spots for two Grad transfers (Tape and Towns?)

You can have eggs or you can omelettes you can't have both...

Looking FORWARD to how the staff will reconstructs the roster, but love what I see players with the size and skill to play our system.

Recruits
Kadary 6'-6"
Newton 6'-8"
Dior 6'-3" and probably still growing

Grad Transfers
Tape 6'-10" highly skilled big man
Towns 6'-7" shooter

Pursuing
Benny Williams 6-8" sf (top 10 at his position)
Micawber Etienne 6'-10" C (top 10 his position)

and Hughes isn't one of them. I still expect him to leave.

I wish all the players that are leaving the best.

We now have two spots for two Grad transfers (Tape and Towns?)

You can have eggs or you can omelettes you can't have both...

Looking FORWARD to how the staff will reconstructs the roster, but love what I see players with the size and skill to play our system.

Recruits
Kadary 6'-6"
Newton 6'-8"
Dior 6'-3" and probably still growing

Grad Transfers
Tape 6'-10" highly skilled big man
Towns 6'-7" shooter

Pursuing
Benny Williams 6-8" sf (top 10 at his position)
Micawber Etienne 6'-10" C (top 10 his position)
Are we going to land either grad transfer?

As of now, here's what we have for next season:

Guards:
JGIII (1)
Buddy (2)
Kadary (3)

Forwards:
[Eli - probably not]
Marek (4)
Quincy (5)
Braswell (6)
Newton (7)

Centers:
City Bay (8)
JBA (9)
Edwards (10)

3 scholarships likely to be available as of now. I think Alsacs can stand down the campaign to take Buddy off scholarship.

This is why I don’t understand people spending so much time and energy during the season wondering if we were gonna have enough scholarships for next season. Guys always transfer, and it was obvious we’d lose 1 or 2. I’m shocked, though, that it’s three. Brycen should stay. He can improve in the off season and get playing time next year. He’s a very good athlete and showed he can knock down shots once he’s given some consistent playing time. This is short-sighted by some of them. But JB HAS to end this nonsense of playing two guards 35+ minutes per game (Buddy and Joe are NOT on the level of Flynn and Devo, and even in 2009 we played 3 guards with Rautins). He needs to go back to playing 3 guards reasonably consistent minutes like he did with Scoop/Triche/Waiters, Scoop/Triche/Rautins, etc. I just hope Kadary is as good as some people are saying. But even if that’s the case, we can’t go into next season with only 3 guards.

Guards:
JGIII (1)
Buddy (2)
Kadary (3)

Forwards:
[Eli - probably not]
Marek (4)
Quincy (5)
Braswell (6)
Newton (7)

Centers:
City Bay (8)
JBA (9)
Edwards (10)

3 scholarships likely to be available as of now. I think Alsacs can stand down the campaign to take Buddy off scholarship.
I never wanted to take the kid off scholarship because he wasn’t good enough.
I wanted to prevent anyone from the roster having to leave.

Now we are looking at 3 transfers possibly 4 with Braswell, Hughes going pro and instead of having a full roster to currently having 9 scholarship players and only 3 scholarship guards.

This chit is getting old.

Now we are looking at 3 transfers possibly 4 with Braswell, Hughes going pro and instead of having a full roster to currently having 9 scholarship players and only 3 scholarship guards.

This is how it is these days there could be up to 800 kids enter the transfer portal this year...

I understand that. But you have to admit you refused, to the point of seemingly being deaf, to hear people tell you that there were likely to be departures at the end of the year.

Too many guys not getting used when the quality of play from the guys getting heavy usage was relatively mediocre for guys to want to come back.

I understand that. But you have to admit you refused, to the point of seemingly being deaf, to hear people tell you that there were likely to be departures at the end of the year.

Too many guys not getting used when the quality of play from the guys getting heavy usage was relatively mediocre for guys to want to come back.
I think it’s bad that all these players are leaving.
It’s a bad job of identifying talent by the coaches for this roster.

Sorry I believe in the talent.

This is stupid. If I were a college coach I would want to retire. Why bother recruiting if you can't hold onto players for at least 2 years?

To all the people who were just bugging to get Carey and others off scholarship ...you got your wish. Now what?

This is how it is these days there could be up to 800 kids enter the transfer portal this year...
And let’s hope we plan to add at least 1-2 traditional transfers. We will certainly have the scholarships available.

Guards:
JGIII (1)
Buddy (2)
Kadary (3)

Forwards:
[Eli - probably not]
Marek (4)
Quincy (5)
Braswell (6)
Newton (7)

Centers:
City Bay (8)
JBA (9)
Edwards (10)

G: Buddy (35mpg) Joe (32mpg) Kadary (13mpg)
F: Marek (33mpg) QG (30mpg) Braswell (12mpg) Newton (5mpg)
C: Sidibe (30mpg) Edwards/JBA (10mpg)

That’s if we add no one... that seems like a solid squad assuming steady improvements across the board

And let’s hope we plan to add at least 1-2 traditional transfers. We will certainly have the scholarships available.
I'm not sure about traditional transfers, they would have to sit out a year maybe negatively effect 2021 recruiting class.

I like our chances in 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom