We just freed up two scholarships... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We just freed up two scholarships...

I'm not sure about traditional transfers, they would have to sit out a year maybe negatively effect 2021 recruiting class.

I like our chances in 2021

NCAA has been looking at a rule change where everyone can transfer once and be eligible immediately.

NCAA has been looking at a rule change where everyone can transfer once and be eligible immediately.
I know but I don't believe it would go in effective immediately, of course this could change too

Last edited:
A week ago there was a thread suggesting or demanding JB blow up the roster.

How does that happen without kids transferring?

Do you think the starters are the ones who should leave? or the guys who are not good enough to start or play heavy minutes should?

I truly don't understand what people expect.

Last edited:
The staff that fills these openings is the same staff that recruited (and supposedly developed) all the guys that are leaving (except that the staff won't have its best recruiter who now coaches at UW). I'm glad that you seem excited.

and Hughes isn't one of them. I still expect him to leave.

I wish all the players that are leaving the best.

We now have two spots for two Grad transfers (Tape and Towns?)

You can have eggs or you can omelettes you can't have both...

Looking FORWARD to how the staff will reconstructs the roster, but love what I see players with the size and skill to play our system.

Recruits
Kadary 6'-6"
Newton 6'-8"
Dior 6'-3" and probably still growing

Grad Transfers
Tape 6'-10" highly skilled big man
Towns 6'-7" shooter

Pursuing
Benny Williams 6-8" sf (top 10 at his position)
Micawber Etienne 6'-10" C (top 10 his position)

There might be another scholarship open for 2022 now. Oh lord say it ain’t so

Bras on deck? Anyone hear anything about Canadian Karim Mane. Would check a lot of boxes with the guard rotation.

Bras on deck? Anyone hear anything about Canadian Karim Mane. Would check a lot of boxes with the guard rotation.
Uhhhh try Dior. Just removed all Syracuse commit info and pictures from his IG

Lemme guess, Dior put his name in the transfer portal? :)

Lemme guess, Dior put his name in the transfer portal? :)

worse. Removed all SU everything from his social media. Nothin says he’s a Syracuse commit

worse. Removed all SU everything from his social media. Nothin says he’s a Syracuse commit
1584248665315.gif

He is a 10th grader...was he suppose to keep this stuff up for 2 1/2 yers?

Probably heard the NCAA was giving everyone another year - knows he's not great at practicing yet, and concluded he would get 5 minutes per game his Frosh season. lololol

He is a 10th grader...was suppose to keep this stuff up for 2 1/2 yers?
I mean... do people update these things a lot? I don’t. Who knows.

I mean... do people update these things a lot? I don’t. Who knows.

Ive never changed my bio ever. He knows enough to delete everything that was SU. His commitment post. His bio commitment. Any of the photos. Poof. I’m not one to jump to conclusions but is no way this good news

exactly so why worry about it?
Because it would be all too perfect for what’s going on in the world and Syracuse today.

By the way... I don’t get excited over recruits until I see them play an actual game.

A week ago there was a thread suggesting or demanding JB blow up the roster.

How does that happen without kids transferring?

Do you think the starters are the ones who should leave? or the guys who are not good enough to start or play heavy minutes should?

I truly don't understand what people expect.

For Goodine to stay, and play over Buddy. Is what they truly want.

Uhhhh try Dior. Just removed all Syracuse commit info and pictures from his IG

He just tweeted 3 hours ago that the Orange were about to make a run.

For Goodine to stay, and play over Buddy. Is what they truly want.

Is this supposed to ruffle feathers? You'd be insane NOT to want that - an improved Goodine playing over Buddy, sign me up!

Scoring points does not make up for every other deficiency Buddy brings to the table.

He does not dribble well. He's kinda sorta really slow. He doesn't rebound (and lots of our guards haven't...but they could, and they could get to loose balls). He can't create off the bounce. He does not turn the other team over. He struggles mightily with decent pressure defense.

He can back a guy down, and shoot a fade-away like a PF. He can recognize mismatches (like if McMahon is guarding him) and get to the rim. And, he can shoot threes at a respectable clip.

Not exactly the ideal shooting guard - especially when the kid is painfully inept defensively.

We don't have a "true" PG, we're losing Hughes, and we have a shooting guard that does very few things well. Shooting guards with a diverse skill set are important in basketball.....a bit less so when you have a SF like Eli, a bit moreso when Hughes is gone (if we don't have an equivalent replacement). Unless you think Girard is going to morph into Jonny Flynn...

You'd have to literally be insane to say that's not what you truly want. Unless you truly think Buddy is going to somehow become athletic. Which is sorta like someone thinking Bryant 'Big Country' Reeves was just some good conditioning drills away from being a Shaq type athlete. Kid is slow afoot and not a very fluid athlete. No cure for that.

If there was a cure, Ryan McMahon, with that work ethic, would be running circles around kids after four years...yet he still ain't doing that.

Last edited:
I hate this proposed rule change, and I know coaches do, too. We want to lessen the transfer epidemic, not put it on steroids. Players need to have more patience. Their time will come.

This is stupid. If I were a college coach I would want to retire. Why bother recruiting if you can't hold onto players for at least 2 years?

To all the people who were just bugging to get Carey and others off scholarship ...you got your wish. Now what?

poor coaches, have to endure getting paid milloins + fame and fortune while guys entering the portal are getting paid zero and had to endure riding the pine all year while those ahead of them in the pecking order were obviously being over-extended. tough times indeed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom