we should just pretend Christmas is a 5 star freshman 1 and done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we should just pretend Christmas is a 5 star freshman 1 and done

McCollough and Christmas need to average 26-30 points per game. We are offensively challenged. Rak showed improved post play last year we just didn't feed him the ball. Rak's offense IMO won us the Pitt game at the Dome last year. He just didn't get enough touches. He needs to be fed the ball have the defense crumble into him and open shots for Joseph/Cooney/Gbinije.
Good points about Rak's touches and and our problems feeding him. The light probably "went on" for him last year. But we've been struggling to feed the post because of our guard play. Watch how many times in a game Rak or McCullough seals his man and doesn't get fed. Good teams are going to figure this out -- they're going to pack the inside and take their chances with our sub-30% outside shooting. It's so bad that, even if Rak forces a few shots, I'd rather have him miss and have CM try for a put-back, than watch our backcourt and SF's clanking outside jumpers.

This will impair the inside-outside balance I was so excited about this year with production at the 4 and 5. We've gone 3-4 years without inside scoring, and now that we finally have it, our guards can't hit the side of a barn. We're only 5 games in. But we have some tough OOC games coming up. Our feeders and shooters need to improve in a hurry to give us any shot in these early games, let alone a decent conference record and an NCAA bid.

Last edited:
until Boeheim decided to mess with his head.
huh? :confused:
you mean pulling him out of the game when he got two early fouls, which was pretty much every game?

Ridicule me as much as you want. Rak has been ready to be a double digit scorer since his sophomore year. He's imperfect, but now that he's consistently getting good looks with space you can see him learning and improving in front of your eyes.

I have a lot of faith that him and Hammer can each average 14 or more per contest this year, and lead us deep in the post season.

Kaleb, G and Cooney will all figure things out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom