Wedneseday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Wedneseday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion

Well if that was his reason for having ND over us then shouldn't we be ahead of Louisville

They have a better conference record than we do.

We had plenty of chances to have a better record.

They have a better conference record than we do.

We had plenty of chances to have a better record.
Conference record does not come into play it’s not part of the criteria the counter Good wins you’re bad losses your strength of schedule and everything else

your conference record does not because of all the unbalanced schedules

Conference record does not come into play it’s not part of the criteria the counter Good wins you’re bad losses your strength of schedule and everything else

It's about as overthought as the catch rule and the block / charge. With a not bad draw our conference record isn't where it needs to be.

Yeah I mean we got left out with a 10-6 record in the Big East.

Yeah I mean we got left out with a 10-6 record in the Big East.
It’s not conference record exactly it’s your overall resume

top to bottom from your best wins to your worst loss it’s really that simple

The last two years bubble stress has worn me out. I figure we have no shot and if somehow we get in great..not going to get my hopes up.

In case anyone didnt hear it, LePhonso Ellis had us likely "in" due to strength of schedule. I dont put a lot of weight on it with the way the other games turned out today, but I wouldnt say anything is certain the other way yet. The committee has done more shocking stuff than letting us in would be.

In case anyone didnt hear it, LePhonso Ellis had us likely "in" due to strength of schedule. I dont put a lot of weight on it with the way the other games turned out today, but I wouldnt say anything is certain the other way yet. The committee has done more shocking stuff than letting us in would be.
No one knows. I think we're out but I think it's closer than people think and if Alabama, Baylor and Marquette all lose tomorrow (let's throw oK State in there too). The Pac12 is interesting - a Zona/Stanford/Utah/Colorado Pac 12 final 4 (with Zona winning) could help us out tremendously too.

Of note - Lunardi's "Next 4 out" was Marquette, Boise, Penn State and Nebraska. We are definitely ahead of PSU and Nebraska, and all 3 of us already finished. That leaves Marquette, who we were ahead of (beat DePaul tonight but has Nova tomorrow) and Boise State. This shows how weak the bubble is. We really only have to be viewed more favorably than teams like Alabama, Texas, USC and Arizona State.

We really only have to be viewed more favorably than teams like Alabama, Texas, USC and Arizona State.
Which, sadly, we won't be.
Que sera sera

I said 20% yesterday... probably down to 15% today. We need teams to lose, and we need the committee to have us a spots higher than we think are entering tourney week (if we used the matrix as a guide)

No one knows. I think we're out but I think it's closer than people think and if Alabama, Baylor and Marquette all lose tomorrow (let's throw oK State in there too). The Pac12 is interesting - a Zona/Stanford/Utah/Colorado Pac 12 final 4 (with Zona winning) could help us out tremendously too.

Of note - Lunardi's "Next 4 out" was Marquette, Boise, Penn State and Nebraska. We are definitely ahead of PSU and Nebraska, and all 3 of us already finished. That leaves Marquette, who we were ahead of (beat DePaul tonight but has Nova tomorrow) and Boise State. This shows how weak the bubble is. We really only have to be viewed more favorably than teams like Alabama, Texas, USC and Arizona State.

Thanks, I appreciate that thorough yet concise summary. It would make a good OP for a thread tomorrow, so let us have a better idea who to root for. No sense giving up as a fan now, unlike those who dont want any part of the tension, right? We have a long off season to relax, and I'm in no hurry to get started.

I said 20% yesterday... probably down to 15% today. We need teams to lose, and we need the committee to have us a spots higher than we think are entering tourney week (if we used the matrix as a guide)
Hey, wait, I know - committee has been following the matrix and they're like, let's make these clowns look like fools!

Which, sadly, we won't be.
Que sera sera
Goes back to the subjectivity. I tend to agree with you pearl, I don't think we will be either. But we aren't sure what the committee will value. Arizona State's best 2 wins happened before New Years and they've been awful since then. Oklahoma hasn't won a road game since January 1. Alabama has 17 wins. USC's best 2 wins are MTSU and New Mexico that happened on Christmas - other than that they beat Utah and Oregon twice (aka they have 1 top 40 win).

Teams have flaws in their resume, major flaws. I think overall our resume compares well to the bubble - however we don't have that strong selling point - we don't have those elite wins or great conference record

Goes back to the subjectivity. I tend to agree with you pearl, I don't think we will be either. But we aren't sure what the committee will value. Arizona State's best 2 wins happened before New Years and they've been awful since then. Oklahoma hasn't won a road game since January 1. Alabama has 17 wins. USC's best 2 wins are MTSU and New Mexico that happened on Christmas - other than that they beat Utah and Oregon twice (aka they have 1 top 40 win).

Teams have flaws in their resume, major flaws. I think overall our resume compares well to the bubble - however we don't have that strong selling point - we don't have those elite wins or great conference record
oh I think they'll probably view us more highly than, say, Alabama and ASU and maaaaaybe USC - but I think between the big12, SEC and now the ACC after today, we're cooked

I was gonna say 10% chance, but still a chance.

Boeheim just blew by Roy.

Wish we had Shulman and Bilas over these D list clowns.

Really cannot blame Boeheim. Roy has much better players because of UNC brand. They are taller and athletic and can do damage to our zone easily.

No way! Not when there are your posts to read and ruminate on!
Still think that Wake loss wasn't a bad loss? They finished 11-20. Win that one and we don't draw UNC in the 2nd game. They went 3-14 after beating us.

I tried telling you, but only got ridiculous emojis and syracuse.com as responses. Pretty standard stuff when the facts aren't in your favor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom