Wash
Texas
Bama
Agreed with those 4. If this was truly based on the best teams this year:
5. Ohio State
6. Oregon
7. Georgia
8. FSU
Very competitive year with not a lot of big time upsets.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they want to avoid a TCU (FSU this year) situation…

The Sec should not have a team in the playoffs. Don’t buy the Greg Sankey sec all powerful bs that he is going to spew all night tonight and tomorrow morning in an attempt to change the committees mind.
The sec was at best average this year.
Results matter and the best out of conference win for the sec this year looks to be Missouri over Kansas State.

Utah beat Florida
Nc beat South Carolina
Florida state beat LSU
Texas beat Bama
Cal beat Auburn
Clemson beat South Carolina
Miami beat Texas Am

So don’t believe the Paul Finebaum SEC media hype.

Maybe this will spur the Sec and Big Ten to play some decent out of conference games.
Once UGA decided to play a horrible OOC schedule the dawgs put themselves in a box where one loss did them in.

There have been plenty of blowouts in the CFP history. That’s a stupid reason to justify not including a team that quite obviously should be in.
You’re hot and bothered about this. I’m here for it. Agree with your premise that FSU should be in based on criteria alone. I think we can both agree that if/when they do get in that they will be slapped around pretty easily.

Once UGA decided to play a horrible OOC schedule the dawgs put themselves in a box where one loss did them in.
I see the georgia situation as very similar to ohio state and michigan. one game that OSU and michigan HAD to win to get in...michigan won (they're in) OSU lost (they're out).

So Georgia,unlike OSU and michigan, didn't play Bama in the regular season..so this was the game that was necessary to get in. they lost. tough. go cry to the hedges.

I got Michigan, Washington, Florida State and Georgia, With HCFB coming back to Syacuse to hit the portal hard and grabbing a couple of players fom the Sharman Park and Westval Golden Knights if we have the portal bags.

If you want the four best teams it would be Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Washington. Iowa would not beat Louisville. Michigan struggled with Maryland. They’re not as good as people say they are.

If the Auburn kid catches a punt then Bama has 2Ls.

IMO the best teams this year are 1. Washington 2. FSU 3. Michigan 4. Texas based on who you played and what you did.

The question is do you punish FSU for losing the QB. If so you take Bama. Why is UGA ahead of Ohio State even?

Another point FSU played 11 P5 games this year. Shouldn’t we be rewarding that?

UGA played 10 with GA Tech as their OOC and had Vandy.

Texas played 11 and Bama only 10.

I think we can both agree that if/when they do get in that they will be slapped around pretty easily.
I want to agree with this but herein lies the problem with these declarative statements. You, me, and 80% of this country said just TWO NIGHTS ago that Washington will be “slapped around pretty easily” by Oregon. Vegas even agreed. We think we know but sports are funny like that. This FSU could absolutely stay with every other playoff team listed. They MAY get slapped around but we have no clue. That’s why, undefeated, they have to be included.

And their QB2 would be back for the next game.

I want to agree with this but herein lies the problem with these declarative statements. You, me, and 80% of this country said just TWO NIGHTS ago that Washington will be “slapped around pretty easily” by Oregon. Vegas even agreed. We think we know but sports are funny like that. This FSU could absolutely stay with every other playoff team listed. They MAY get slapped around but we have no clue. That’s why, undefeated, they have to be included.
I would also say there's a difference in subjectivity between selecting the 4 "best" teams for the playoff vs the 4 most deserving teams. Actual game results have to matter. Especially more than betting lines, of all things.

This is the first playoff field that will be legitimately controversial. In all the years prior, it was fairly straightforward who the best four resumes were.

IMO, it should be Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU.

Texas handled Bama on the road. There’s just no way around that fact. That should be the difference maker.

And I completely acknowledge that FSU is a shell of themselves offensively and would be an underdog to probably 12-15 teams right now. But that shouldn’t matter. They went 13-0 in a P5 conference.

It's stupid that there's even a debate about that.
I wonder though, is there a debate? Part of me thinks the debate is just with fans and guys that want clicks and viewers.

Part of me thinks, within the committee room, FSU is solidly in due to them being……freaking undefeated. I have never argued so hard for a team I dislike so much. What a world

There’s probably an argument to be made that Washington should be the 1 seed overall. Beating that excellent Oregon team twice along with that gauntlet PAC-12 schedule this year (words I never thought I would utter) is likely tougher than Michigan’s body of work.

I think everyone would agree that the SEC is the toughest conference. Not sure how you can keep that champion out. But Texas beating them head to head presents a huge problem. Especially with them losing to a 2 loss OU team. I do think FSU is in based on them being undefeated. It’s a horrible look if you bump them. Why even play the season if we are just going to pick the four teams we want regardless of what happened on the field.

If you want the four best teams it would be Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Washington. Iowa would not beat Louisville. Michigan struggled with Maryland. They’re not as good as people say they are.
Georgia barely beat Georgia tech.

I think everyone would agree that the SEC is the toughest conference. Not sure how you can keep that champion out. But Texas beating them head to head presents a huge problem. Especially with them losing to a 2 loss OU team. I do think FSU is in based on them being undefeated. It’s a horrible look if you bump them. Why even play the season if we are just going to pick the four teams we want regardless of what happened on the field.
It’s not a head to head competition given that there are several teams vying for the same spot. Bama is in so Texas beating them cannot even factor in

Vegas clearly has FSU as the 5th team

Even with a healthy QB who would FSU be favored over?

Not Mich/Ala/GA/Wash/Ore/OSU/Tex so that makes them the 8th best team.

Last night FSU was +400 today they are tied in some books and behind Texas in others to make the playoffs.

At the same time to win they have much higher odds than any of them.

Then again Ala is much better odds to get in than Tex but Texas better odds to win?

FSU didnt beat as good a team as Ala or Texas and didnt play as good a team as Ala or Texas either.

Vegas clearly has FSU as the 5th team

Even with a healthy QB who would FSU be favored over?

Not Mich/Ala/GA/Wash/Ore/OSU/Tex so that makes them the 8th best team.

Last night FSU was +400 today they are tied in some books and behind Texas in others to make the playoffs.

At the same time to win they have much higher odds than any of them.

Then again Ala is much better odds to get in than Tex but Texas better odds to win?

FSU didnt beat as good a team as Ala or Texas and didnt play as good a team as Ala or Texas either.
If a power 5 can go undefeated and win their CCG, and STILL not get in… then there’s no point . Everyone else vying for the 4th spot LOOOOSSSSSSSTT a game. fSU did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom