Week 9 ACC Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 ACC Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
CvyhipzWEAAsZzA.jpg

Previewing Week 9 in ACC Football | News

I'm curious as to what Brian Kelly's job security situation is right now. Does he get another year no matter what? Or could he potentially be canned if ND goes like 4-8.

I'm curious as to what Brian Kelly's job security situation is right now. Does he get another year no matter what? Or could he potentially be canned if ND goes like 4-8.

Read some tweets from deranged fans that want to replace him with Babers.

Read some tweets from deranged fans that want to replace him with Babers.
Their board for the hardest of their hard-care fans was looking to fire him the year they went to the championship game. They would keep winning each week and there would continue to be discussions starting on the next Monday on "When we fire Kelly do we hire _____?" I kept reading their posts with my jaw in my lap. Now, they're on, like, their 5th server because the others were turned into piles of molten silicon. The mods here would ban posters for the things that they regularly say on that board.

Did Bailey insult your mother or something? The guy was watching the game and tweeted an observation.

No he didn't, are you Mrs. Bailey? Are you actually defending him?

I should get on twitter and tweet things like ...water is wet...the sky is blue...Pitt's passe defense is bad...

No he didn't, are you Mrs. Bailey? Are you actually defending him?

I should get on twitter and tweet things like ...water is wet...the sky is blue...Pitt's passe defense is bad...
Yup. I am defending him. I'm not related nor have ever met the guy. I think you're being unfairly harsh over nothing. I didn't know Pitt had a bad secondary until this week, and I wasn't watching the game last night. I don't know what you're expecting from a beat writer who is watching a future opponent and summarizing said opponent in less than 140 characters. But this is the internet, so I guess basic respect for others goes out the door.

Yup. I am defending him. I'm not related nor have ever met the guy. I think you're being unfairly harsh over nothing. I didn't know Pitt had a bad secondary until this week, and I wasn't watching the game last night. I don't know what you're expecting from a beat writer who is watching a future opponent and summarizing said opponent in less than 140 characters. But this is the internet, so I guess basic respect for others goes out the door.

There is no excuse for someone who gets paid to do a job, to do his job poorly...even if he is a "journo".

Saying that he is a "beat writer" gives me the impression from you that his job is some sort of a lesser position and again is not an excuse for a job do be done poorly. If someone is hired to do a job, he should be able to do said job better than any DIYer, which it feels kind of like what he is.

Also, whether you like it or not, Bailey's job is a public one where he is open to criticism and some of it harsh from anyone who chooses to do so. If he doesn't want criticism of his performance, he can go to do any job he wants out of the public eye.

Are you going to defend Pud Boliquin when I bash him for being a tool too?

Tend to agree. Bailey has written some things that I feel deserve criticism, but I would hardly consider this tweet something to get worked up about. I wasn't watching much of the game and like you said, for those who weren't, it's interesting information they might be a good matchup for us.

There is no excuse for someone who gets paid to do a job, to do his job poorly...even if he is a "journo".

Saying that he is a "beat writer" gives me the impression from you that his job is some sort of a lesser position and again is not an excuse for a job do be done poorly. If someone is hired to do a job, he should be able to do said job better than any DIYer, which it feels kind of like what he is.

Also, whether you like it or not, Bailey's job is a public one where he is open to criticism and some of it harsh from anyone who chooses to do so. If he doesn't want criticism of his performance, he can go to do any job he wants out of the public eye.

I try to remain above the muckracking but your infatuation with Bailey is becoming tedious and tiresome.

To be fair on Bailey - he's on vacation. Still giving out recruiting updates.

I try to remain above the muckracking but your infatuation with Bailey is becoming tedious and tiresome.

I have criticized Bailey maybe 4 times on this board, 3 of the 4 more recently because I think he did an OK job when he first started. I think as time has gone on, he has regressed. I think tweets like the one I was talking about are lazy.

So we can't criticize anyone on this board any more? OK, noted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom