Week 9 ACC Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 ACC Thread...

CuseOnly said:
No he didn't, are you Mrs. Bailey? Are you actually defending him? I should get on twitter and tweet things like ...water is wet...the sky is blue...Pitt's passe defense is bad...

image-2388986322.jpg

I think reporters think that Twitter is different than an article. It's really not.

It would make my year if ND went 2-10.

Not me. I'd hate to be the one P5 casualty in the record books for that one. "Here's some trivia, what do Syracuse and Nevada have in common?" No thank you.

I want the teams that beat us to play well. Makes me feel better about the loss.

Not me. I'd hate to be the one P5 casualty in the record books for that one. "Here's some trivia, what do Syracuse and Nevada have in common?" No thank you.

I want the teams that beat us to play well. Makes me feel better about the loss.

Yeah...

...but it's ND. Not going to root for them ever lol

Ok 4-8 would be fine then.

There is no excuse for someone who gets paid to do a job, to do his job poorly...even if he is a "journo".

Saying that he is a "beat writer" gives me the impression from you that his job is some sort of a lesser position and again is not an excuse for a job do be done poorly. If someone is hired to do a job, he should be able to do said job better than any DIYer, which it feels kind of like what he is.

Also, whether you like it or not, Bailey's job is a public one where he is open to criticism and some of it harsh from anyone who chooses to do so. If he doesn't want criticism of his performance, he can go to do any job he wants out of the public eye.

Are you going to defend Pud Boliquin when I bash him for being a tool too?
The term "beat writer" is an industry standard. Your "beat" is the thing you cover everyday. So Stephen Bailey's "beat" is Syracuse football.

Also, Bailey adequately summed up the future Syracuse-Pitt match up in less than 140 characters. Cuse stops the rush and exploits the secondary, good chance of winning. What else needs to be said?

Why do you feel the need to criticize a kid two years out of college who probably makes little to no money over one tweet? Yes, being a public figure exposes you to criticism. But pick your battles, man. It's not like he's Mr. Hindsight, Mike McCallister, who loves to point out everything players and referees did wrong after watching a replay or five.

Also, I will never defend Bud. But I will always call you or anyone else out for being unreasonable, just like I'd expect anyone to do to me.

The term "beat writer" is an industry standard. Your "beat" is the thing you cover everyday. So Stephen Bailey's "beat" is Syracuse football.

Also, Bailey adequately summed up the future Syracuse-Pitt match up in less than 140 characters. Cuse stops the rush and exploits the secondary, good chance of winning. What else needs to be said?

Why do you feel the need to criticize a kid two years out of college who probably makes little to no money over one tweet? Yes, being a public figure exposes you to criticism. But pick your battles, man. It's not like he's Mr. Hindsight, Mike McCallister, who loves to point out everything players and referees did wrong after watching a replay or five.

Also, I will never defend Bud. But I will always call you or anyone else out for being unreasonable, just like I'd expect anyone to do to me.
You are being unreasonable.

OK to criticize Bud, not OK to criticize Bailey. Got it. Bud does lazy douchey reporting, I can criticize him. Bailey does lazy work, I will watch what I say on this board.

You picked this battle, I didn't. I criticized, you defended, still can't understand why. The tweet was lazy and basically was what Adelson said.

Whatever, done with this.

We've had Arnie Burdick, Bob Snyder and Dave Rahme covering Syracuse football. To put it mildly, these new guys don't measure up. One of my favorite things about football season was reading the Sunday sports section in the Herald Journal/Post Standard after a win. That is how I became a fan. That simple pleasure is now gone because of the low level of sports reporting here in the home of the Newhouse school. The Old Scout is embarrassed for you Bud.

We had Rahme and Waters doing football when Marrone was here. They both had some inside access because as much of a nut job as Marrones was, he trusted them with that information.

I don't see that happening again anytime soon.

D. Rahme ain't walkin back through the door. Journalism's model has changed. Small/Mid-market papers/media outlets have a different business model than 15 years ago.

For all SB's faults, I think he works relatively hard and has become better. He's leaps and bounds beyond Nolan Weidener, who's a very nice guy.

Stephen can rub me the wrong way, doesn't mean I don't respect him.

I suppose anything is better than Cohen but that is setting the bar pretty low.

Rooting for:

Clemson over FSU

Army over WF. Wake is a BS 5-2 and my ass is still chaffing from that game

BC over NC State

GTech over Duke

Louisville over Virginia

Miami over ND

We've had Arnie Burdick, Bob Snyder and Dave Rahme covering Syracuse football. To put it mildly, these new guys don't measure up. One of my favorite things about football season was reading the Sunday sports section in the Herald Journal/Post Standard after a win. That is how I became a fan. That simple pleasure is now gone because of the low level of sports reporting here in the home of the Newhouse school. The Old Scout is embarrassed for you Bud.

Here's the thing though. The DO this year is a better read, aside from that one guy who is a mini-Cohen.

Syr.com will probably hire him next.

We had Rahme and Waters doing football when Marrone was here. They both had some inside access because as much of a nut job as Marrones was, he trusted them with that information.

I don't see that happening again anytime soon.
Actually, Dave Rahme (Penn St) and Donnie Webb (Alabama) were on the football beat.

Mike Waters (North Carolina) has been hoops-only for decades.

orangenauburn said:
Rooting for: Clemson over FSU Army over WF. Wake is a BS 5-2 and my ass is still chaffing from that game BC over NC State GTech over Duke Louisville over Virginia Miami over ND

Gotta be an NCState fan. BC can't get to 5 wins. They are ahead of us in APR and they still have USuck on their schedule.

Rooting for:

Clemson over FSU

Army over WF. Wake is a BS 5-2 and my ass is still chaffing from that game

BC over NC State

GTech over Duke

Louisville over Virginia

Miami over ND
Don't forget Michigan State over Michigan.

Actually, Dave Rahme (Penn St) and Donnie Webb (Alabama) were on the football beat.

Mike Waters (North Carolina) has been hoops-only for decades.

Waters did football some as well. He and Rahme had a video show before and after every game. He was also on Orange Nation TV channel 9 here in Syracuse doing football and basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom